It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Islamic and Christian Extremism One in the Same?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!

Extremism, fundamentalism, and dogma are found in all religions. I was suprised by this especially when I visited a Buddhist community one of my friend frequents. I began asking questions about God, emptiness, Xtianity ...and there was fear, anger, I was kicked out and asked not to come back.

This has happened to me with my Muslim friends, Xtian churches, and even with Atheists I know etc.

This happens in every societal structure.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You all are taking a quote from a man who absolutely hated women and are trying to place the blame on the man's beliefs. I mean, God knows, there is no bigger critic of fundamentalism than myself, but let's call it what it really is.

It was a bitter man, to the point of insanity, who decided to go in a women's fitness club and kill three women. I don't see any correlation at all between that and his religion. I don't mind fair criticism, but this does not constitue as being such.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTruth

No offense but this entire thread is absurd. No offense.
*hands tray of cookies*

Extremism is extremism.

Christian extremism looks like Islamic extremism.
Leftist extremism looks like Christian extremism.
Fascist extremism looks like leftist extremism.
Eastern extremism looks like Tony Jai on an elephant.

My point is that extremist behavior, by the very definition is extreme. Whether or not you are kicking the crap out of people with a sword, your feet, a gun, or tribbles to support your extremist views you're still being a violent, intolerant person. Who cares if you're violent for Jesus, Lenin, Allah, Uncle Sam, Karl Marx, Che... you're still a great big meanie.

You can be any kind of extreme there is. An animal rights extremist, a Red Sox extremist...extremism knows no single ideology. It's a belief that you are 100% in the right and therefore that justifies any and all actions.

I'm tired of the Christian and Muslim bashing. What if I were to say all animal rights activists are loonies because the Animal Liberation League bombed a university clinic? Would that be a fair assessment? No, because some animal rights people stop at adopting a dog outside Petsmart.

Goodness gracious! Aren't there enough divisions between us? Do we have to create artificial ones?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by A Fortiori]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Extremism is extremism yet in the west we try to blame Islam for everything and use it in propaganda. I'm not christian or Muslim btw. At least the social view of the two.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hi/

Are Christians and Islamic Extremism One in the same?

No!

Islamic extremist teach?
Maybe an Islamic can answer this better then myself!
1/Suicide bombers comes to mind!
2/
3/
As an Orthodox Christian of the Ancient faith...
Christian extremist teach no modernization and Global get togethers just for the sake of it!
They teach not, that right is wrong and wrong is right!
In the Words of Jesus Christ '' ‘If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you’ (John 15,18).
Why should True Christianity have to bow down to something of which is only a ''show and tell'' for man?
In other words,
"Be not afraid of them which kill the body,
but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body." Mathew 10: 28.

Afterword: ~The Royal Way of Orthodox Christianity~

The Church of God lives not on opinion,
but on the experience of the saints,
as in the beginning so in our days.
The opinions of intellectual persons may be wonderfully clever and yet be false,
whereas the experience of the saints is always true’.

St Nicholas of Ochrid at the First Lausanne Conference in 1927
Source

Im going to be fair here and put the same question to all religious systems!
Is there extremists in both sides or in every religion?
Yes, there are!
One only needs to look at the teacher and the teachings,and there you will find what Tree beareth good fruits or what Tree beareth the bad fruits!

ICXC NIKA
helen

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join