It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is life??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What is life? A very difficult question to ask ourselfs, especially when there is so MANY different views about our existance. I personally believe that when we die we dont have a personality, but rather are electricity changes its vibrational frequency and we go to a different plane of existence. Somthing like a source from were we came from. For me it makes sense becasue energy never dies, and on the kelvin scale there is never an absolute 0 for energy I think its somthing around 2.73 or somthing. And also how we are just sub-atomic particles vibrating at a certian frequency, would that just show us that we are more then fertilizer for the planet? Anyway that is some of my views on life (why we are here, were we go when we die). What are your views?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Shouldn't this thread be called 'What is death?'

Anyways, my momma always said:
'Life is...like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!'

So...yer, there's ya answer.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It seems we have two psycic threads going SORRY FRIEND HOPE YOU FIND WHAT YOU ARE REACHIN FA

BUT THERE WOULDNT BE A LIFE OR DEATH IF YOU NEVER HAD KNOWLEDGE OF THEM BOTH

[edit on 8/5/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Life is ultimately what you make of it. Granted, life can be much better if you're born into a family that isn't struggling.
To me, life is a way for us to experience different things, and to gain knowledge of that which was previously unknown or unlearned.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think the meaning of life is ever-changing for each person.

It's possible none of us are alive at all - we just think we are because we can only see our 'self' as individual, and not connected to the universe.

Another's purpose might be to whole-heartedly serve a God that they attribute all of life to.

I like the saying from the Matrix movies:

"Temet Nosce" - it means Know Thyself...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

life is the result of a question that you will never get the answer to, i suggest you use your time to focus on being alive and not trying to find it out..

You see life has nothing to do with humans but has everything to do with the very reality that you are in.

why ask if you all ready know the answer?

What is life? well its a question because that is the first word in the sentence.

WHAT = question / physics

get it?

The only problem is my friend you are not asking the question you are the result of one.. and in time you will be the one asking the question and some person sat on a pc will be asking Why

just like god ; )

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Life is whats going on when your making other plans.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
To me everything to life, peoplw, plants animals, rocks, empty space.
Everything x

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
One Fact that Can Not be changed by humankind...

There is the Observed and the Observer...

The Universe and all it consists of, including human beings, is The Observed!

And LIFE which is sometimes called...

1. Awareness.

2. Consciousness.

3. The True Mind. (Not of the brain)

Is The Observer.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

The light of life. Awareness.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Life...

This is a profound question, what is life? What is it to be alive? How do living things differ from other forms of matter? Is life something divine is it some rare phenomenon that only comes about by the rarest of circumstances or is the inevitable result of a common set of parameters that can come about anywhere in space... And what happens when life, stops, as you ask in your post, does the energy too stop? Where does consciousness go?

Death...

Sciences best guess is that at death the body stops, the mind stops and therefore the consciousness ceasing to exist, death is like sleep only its FOREVER, a suspension of consciousness that doesn't end the way sleep does. But philosophy has offered a myriad of questions and ideas on what happens to us after we die. Some say that consciousness is an extension of the soul not a product of our highly complex brains and that this consciousness lives on in the form of electromagnetic energy. There is some credence to this idea. If, in your last moments of life, you produce a lot of energy through intense emotion (be they positive or negative) than it is possible that this energy allows your consciousness to survive in some form. This would explain why many ghosts are reported to be those with deep love or deep connections to a location or those who died in horrific anguish with emotional agony and it may explain why the mood of this residual consciousness is typically locked in the same mood as when you died.

But honestly no one knows for certain which is why death is the "great mystery" there are lot's of people who like to think they know what happens to you after you die but honestly no one does.

Life and death are shrouded in unknowns, I say enjoy life while it lasts and try not to get too hung up on the questions. I mean its fun to speculate and all but don't get stuck on it

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I think life is a game.

There is a LOT of research, and even more "anecdotal" data, indicating that the being has a personality that it takes with it from lifetime to lifetime, even if it doesn't fully realize what it's doing. So evidence favors that most people don't simply "dematerialize" or in some other way attempt to step out of the game when they lose a body. Most seem to want the game to continue and are more or less eager to pick up a new body and give it another shot.

By the way, I suggest you monitor your spelling a bit better. Misspells detract from a post (though we all let them slip by now and then).

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Don't know but here is my story that changed my mind about being a fade to black atheist

reply to post earlier...but you get what the idea

you can see them often?...you are the first to describe the black orbs as i saw ...eclipse like black holes. My exp involves leaving my body during a disturbing dream. The thing is I tried pulling my girlfriend into the dream prior to leaving my physical body and by her reaction was successful. I saw this movie from the 80's called dreamscape a few nights before the incident...in the movie people could get into each others dreams. i was falling to sleep and started having a very scary dream(lightining thunder..raining cats and dogs and then the rain turned into scary ghost like sirens...I thought to myself hey this would be funny to pull my girlfriend into this dream have her watch the rain and it will scare the heck out of her. That's how it all started. I left the dream and was laying in bed next to her and started saying with my mind "Stephanie! Stephanie!" I could hear her reply in my mind sounding sleepy and grumpy...the next thing i know we are both in the same dream together. Same lightining thunder etc. but different location. She was a cocktail waitress at this oyster bar across from the huntington beach pier at the time and we were at that location. She was in the long white shirt of mine she wore to bed. She was pouring a pitcher of bear into my glass mug but was so sleepy that it was missing the glass and spilling allover the counter. I stood up and walked towards the back sort of upset with the wasting of the beer and started walking down a hallway towards the restrooms. The hallway was lit with red chinese lanterns and the red glow started to humm and scared me right out of the dream. I left my body lying in the bed next to Stephanie. I floated above the two of us in kinetic physical form. I was looking at my kinetic arms and noticed i had 360 degree vision. I was in shock. After 15 seconds or so I look to the left and can see through the bedroom wall an orb as you described. It communicated to me thru my mind telling me I was doing great and it seemed to be excited and happy for me. It left and came back with a second one. They asked me to follow them. They moved off and I chickened out. Shot into my body woke up as if under water for minute or so. Stephanie woke and asked frantically "what just happened!" I replied where were you? She described our dream. I asked if I was there. She confirmed I was and that I had left. Her dream was nightmare like. I did not get the feeling the orbs had anything to do with that. They seemed helpful and peaceful and I think wanted to share more insight with me. I was frustrated that my fear forced me back into my physical body. Bought a book trying to train myself to do it again (the possible human) but for many years could not do it until getting into my sons dream 10 years later. Him and his crazy power ranger dreams riding megasaurs thru the air on some crazy other word with a turquise and orange sky(another story) but that is my only exp. I would have been a fade to black atheist if not for that first experiance...please write to share stories or ideas how to train to do this at will......thanx for your input and time...... [email protected]

top topics

join