It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art is a LIE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Pablo Picasso once said "Art is a lie that helps us to realise the truth"

Whilst recently watching "V for Vendetta" the character "V" made a similiar comment the "Artists use lies to tell the truth"

When it comes to Art it comes in many forms now from the paintings to music to literature to Films.

You've obviously seen the "Matrix" and thought there is an element of truth to it. The characters include "Morpheus" the God of the Dreamworld, Trinity as in the Holy Trinity and Neo which means new version of the old aka second coming.

In Reeves almost latest film "The day the Earth stood still" Reeves once again plays the "Christ" like figure. The man from the past who falls from the heavens to save the people of the present from their roadway to hell.

I did notice a lot of hidden symbolism within the film with reference to this "Fallen Angel". The film starts in the young boys bedroom and on his wall is a poster for "Halo 3".

The Car they are driving is a Honda which the symbol for Honda is wings. They pull up outisde McDonalds and the Golden Wings are seen on the Car Windscreen over Reeves.

Reeves Character is named "Klaatu" taken from "Klaatu barada nikto" to resurrect "Klaatu" (Christ) from death.

The phrase is also in the film "Evil Dead 3" to obtain a copy of the "Necronomicon" the book of the dead based on "Simons Necronomicon" (can be downloaded from the net) which is a book of spells from Sumerian times.

But many movie buffs will notice that Klaatu has appeared in films such as "Star Wars" and "Toys"

On June 7, 1994, in the supermarket tabloid Weekly World News it reported that 12 U.S. Senators were aliens from other planets, including Alan K. Simpson. The then Senator Simpson's spokesman Charles Pelkey said when asked about Simpson's galactic origins, he told the Associated Press: "We've got only one thing to say: Klaatu barada nikto."

Coincidence ?

The Hollywood music industry and Illuminati ties are not new, many artists have secret society connections and have been portraying the truth within the arts for centuries.

Its really no suprise to find out that Bram Stocker (Dracula) had ties with the Freemasons.

HG Wells was both a Freemason and a member of the Illuminati

The Secret Societies do not just limit themselves to Writers.

Composers such as Mozart as was Beethoven who's classical 9th piece was used in the soundtrack of the film "Clockwork Orange"

Looking at the cover to Clockwork Orange you will notice it is shaped in the illuminati symbolism for the "Eye of Horus"

Look at any film, art, music with an open mind and you will start to notice these coincidences that the signs are everywhere.

The Planet of the Apes, once again man from the past falls from the heavens to save the monkeys from their roadway to destruction and hell.

The latest offering staring "Danny Wahberg" the symbolism with this film was the "Power" symbol also refered to as "Neptunes Fork"

Which was also the shape of the Space Station from where they had originated from. But over the 1000's of years of Evolution of the Apes the bloodline of Semus (ruling family) had distorted the truth about their origins even though the symbolism was everywhere.

Disney was no stranger to adding truth to Fiction. The film Pinochio was a film of Artificial Intelligence, Giseppe being the God figure and creating life. In a world of lies our own noses point in the wrong direction. Pinochio was fooled by the Fox. F is the 6th letter in the alphabet O is the 15th (1+5=6) and X is the 24th letter (2+4=6)

FOX = 666

We get an idea where Fox Mulder got his name from, The X in X-files looks like a crucifix Dana Skully maybe from the "Tribe of Dan" bloodline who a few members of are also members of the "Skull and Bones"

The whole idea of Artificial Intelligence is that it does not know but as with all films from Pinochio to Terminator is that it becomes self aware.

Maybe this is the outcome of Humans to Awaken to yet we have allowed the authorities to lie to us and tell us how to run our lives, though we keep being reminded from all angles we continue to live in the land of nod.

Hitler described this deception in his book "Meine Kampf" that the "Big Lie" leaves traces everywhere. Einstein too made the comment that "The secret to creativity is to never reveal the source and of course the lovely Maryln Monroe said "it's all make believe isn't it?" she of course was a "good" friend of JFK who would not play ball with the secret societies that keep us in the land of nod.

So next time your wacthing a film or music video look for the hidden symbolism or hidden meaning because the truth is within the lie that we call art.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by EvilTwin666]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Art is and has always been a lie. It's an illusion of
something, an abstraction of reality but never reality itself.
It's also a propaganda tool, whether it's renaissance religious
paintings of the crucifixion or rockwell's four freedoms.

That's why so many artists go crazy because they so want
to believe the lies they create but somewhere inside they know
that it is not, nor can ever be reality. This was what happened to
Van Gogh and Jackson Pollock.
All that aside, art is a vehicle for aesthetic presentation which
can evoke moods, emotions or ideas in the viewer. For the artist
it should always be about the process, the grasping of an idea
and transfering it to whatever medium they choose for their work.

When artists start believing in the lies they create they have
reached a dead end and should just put their brushes down.

This is not discourage anyone from trying to create
art - far from it. It is a worthy pursuit and can add much
to anyone's efforts at growth. Just keep your expectations
to a level you can live with.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Art is often about displaying the truth about the lie. About showing that reality is illusory and not the world as it is ordinarily perceived..

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Do you have any idea how broad the term "art" is? Do you have any idea how insulting it is to a musician to read this crack-pot conspiracy that all art is a bunch of lies? Do you actually consider corporate films and music "art?"
"The matrix" is entertainment created to make money and nothing more. There are people doing and saying good things at the grass roots level that you wouldn't know about because you are living in a fantasy world influenced by the very brain-washing entertainment you are talking crap on.
I suggest you take a look at what some people are doing in the form of documentaries, underground music, and other art-forms. There are a lot of artists who care about their communities and the downfall of the elite power structure. A lot of us are on your side, so don't choose your enemies before you know anything about them.
Peace.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wow, to address several of your points.

• "V" was referring to the quote from Picasso. He was very well educated.
  • The Matrix trilogy is a story about Neo being Christ, not the second coming of Christ. He sacrifices himself at the end to save humanity.
  • Are you aware that The Day the Earth Stood Still was a remake? i also disagree with your interpretations on symbolism in it. What you are pointing out is product placement. It is what helps pay for a movie.
  • Actually, Klaatu barada nikto is the exact words spoken from the original The Day The Earth Stood Still. You are re-interpretting them way out of context if you feel they are referring to Christ.
  • There is no Evil Dead 3. However, there is Army of Darkness. The words were a nod to the Day the Earth Stood Still.
  • Army of Darkness was making a reference to HP Lovecraft's Necronomicon, which Simons is a wannabe version of.
  • Necronomicon is 100% fictional so your reference to Sumarian times makes no sense what so ever.
  • Once again, you seem to be ignoring how invasive the most popular line in Sci Fi history (read the link above) is if you think this quote means anything.

You are really making connections where none exist. I would recommend finding out wheret things are truly originating from (instead of making up your own sources), and then try to put the pieces together. It might even sound believable at that time.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
In reply to all the comments above I would expect nothing less from the participants of a brainwashed society.

If you were to be truly right then I obviously know nothing about the Artworld, I must not move in those circles, or maybe the term Philistine would best suit me as I understant not the true nature of art.

Yet I am reading comments from people who are telling me what artists think yet they have probably never picked up a paint brush or learnt to play a musical instrument, how delightfully extrodanary.

Silly comments like "there was no Evil Dead 3, it was called Army of Darkness" yet it was the 3rd film in the Evil Dead Trilogy (does trilogy mean 3 ?) are just lame. Trying to debunk with imature comments only serve to patronise so is trying to drag me down to your level of intelligence.

Simple google searches for say "illuminati music industry" or "illuminati Film Industry" or even "Secret Societies Art World" would debunk your own ignorance, but that would be tooooooooo easy.

Though I do not blame you for your comments you have been programmed to think that way, you were born into this brainwashed society.

The Big Lie began thousands of years ago but since mankind has been led down a false path the true nature of the reality we should be living is nothing more than an illusion.

The secret to creativity is to create artwork about the reality that should be and the big deception that keeps us from it.

Maybe the Chaos Theory known as the Butterfly effect could explain this if of course you have the simple ability to think outside the box.

Though I doubt you will come back to meet me within this debate, just write a few lines of foolishness and never return.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilTwin666
Yet I am reading comments from people who are telling me what artists think yet they have probably never picked up a paint brush or learnt to play a musical instrument, how delightfully extrodanary.

That is really quite presumptious of you. You have no clue what I do outside of these forums (although a web search might reveal some).

I also disagree with pointing out your flagrant misrepresentation of the facts as you indicate as being brainwashed. If you are going to make a case, use the real deal. Check your facts. Make sure you are going to present them correctly.

Were you even aware those were references to a movie that was made most likely before you were born?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon

Your becoming patronising

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Eing an artist and musician myself, I will have to diasgree with you. Art helps me escape reality and is no way, shape
or form ,"a lie". I add much of my experiences bundled into the intricacy of depth and color. I also would like to add that I believe we are all artists and musicians. Everyone has music that drives them and some sort of picture they love to draw ( stick figures included !) so it is wrongful to say art is a lie. Art is more truthful and shows hidden personality traits, and also is a good way for an introvert to let their feelings spill out onto paper. Just my two cents.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilTwin666

I disagree with your assertions here. Art is something that is so natural and programed into us that we've been making art for thousands of years. It's possibly the second human action after creating tools. The first action was using tools to increase the food available to us. In this sense, art is almost as old as consciousness. I'd go so far as to suggest that it's a matter of time before the first recorded evidence of S. American monkeys or chimpanzee art becomes known. Maybe not in our lifetimes, but I'm sure it will happen.

In terms of it being a lie, that's a broad statement to make. Pretty cool for an art student...not quite accurate if we really look at what that implies. Before you ride the high horse you came in on...a lot of ATS members take a great interest in art. I can think of one in particular that makes a living from it. Franz Marc, early Munch palette across a wide variety of genres.

Here's some examples of early Art that has had an influence on successive generations...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bbfe5b6c321.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3982f2c65af.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ab5dbff16a0.jpg[/atsimg]

It can be a lotta fun being rude to people on a forum. It's more fun getting along with people...give it a go. If you've got points to make there's no need for bad attitude. No offense taken and no offense meant

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

It's Guipetto and Mark Walberg.....

But besides that I like what you say...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
"Art" is whatever you want it to be.

I hold two Master's degrees in fine art, my wife and I both make our living as professional artists, and we're both very involved in art and the international art community- so I feel somewhat qualified to say this. Any object, when considered in the context of "art" functions as an algorithm. The sensory stimuli of the work feeds through your thoughts, and nudges them according to your personal manner for responding to stimuli.

Which is a complicated way of saying that every work of art holds meaning only in how effective it is in triggering thought responses. Everything "means" something different for every person, each time they experience it. An object considered in the context of "art" never means the same thing twice.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think many people are Misinterpreting here. They are saying that they disagree with me and that art is not a lie.

Are those people just reading the title and not reading what I have written, should I put it in capitals:

ART IS A LIE THAT HELPS US TO REALISE THE TRUTH

Next lets try the Beatles.

The cover of the Sgt Peppers album within the people pictured is Aleister Crawley, not sure where he is, heres a pic

Now Im sure you've probably seen the Bohemain Grove Film, the voice over heard is Aleister Crawley aka the Beast.

Fast Forward to Charles Manson, he heard the hidden messages within the "White Album" and I'm sure a little research will open your eyes.

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Is this the real life
is this just fantasy

God Save the Queen by the Sex Pistols

Apparently "She's not a human Being" maybe a reference to the Annunaki Bloodline?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Good to hear from someone who see's through the illusion

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

You have basically disagreed with me then told me what I told you.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

Good for you having a masters degree in art. How many af the greatest artists and musicians had masters degree's ?

And of those who did not have a masters how many were frowned upon for thinking outside the box, setting new standards and breaking boundaries, mocked, killed or die pennyless and then said to be born before their time all by people who apparently knew everything.

Are you one of those people because you have a masters ?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I actually disagree with that and rather think of art as expression of truth.

I'm also an artist(graphic artist, photographer, audiophile) and a professional engineer.

When working as an engineer, we love certainty, we make plans, tons of it. But when dealing with art, it's a hit or miss, the outcomes are are largely unpredictable and hard to control...

But it's in art I've felt more freedom. Freedom is truth. That's why in engineering, especially when I'm trying to invent something, I don't make solid plans. I try to put art in it as much as possible!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

I actually disagree with that and rather think of art as expression of truth.

Are you not agreeing with me then ?

You appear to be doing the same as everyone else, saying no that's not true its like this and then writing the opinion I have just given you.

Strange

[edit on 6-8-2009 by EvilTwin666]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I feel the need to amend my earlier statement that art is a lie. I was really only speaking about "modern art" or historical art, made by adults.

Children's art is far more honest and uncontrived. As for cave paintings, pictoglyphs and carvings made by earlier, pre-historical peoples, I cannot say that their art is a lie. In fact, it is so different from historical art that I hesitate to even call it by the same name.

The mindset of prehistoric humans is something barely accessible by us if it is indeed even possible. We can only make educated guesses at their motivations for the things they created. Their "art" may have been for sympathetic magic, divination or simply the joy of seeing an image being created, we don't know.

We can sit in our comfortable chairs in climate-controlled environments and make guesses all day but until we live as they did, within the cultures that surrounded them we will be pissing in the dark for answers.

I'm really enjoying this thread - this subject seems to get people pretty fired up!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Those are some very distorted and down right incorrect facts you made up there.

I suggest instead of berating and being so ignorant, re-read TLomon's post about your incorrect assumptions.

As an Evil Dead fan, TLomon is correct - there is NO "Evil Dead 3" - it is called Army of Darkness. If it was "Evil Dead 3" then it would have been named as such.

The Necronomicon is a purely fictitious creation by the late (and great!) Howard Phillips Lovecraft

And no, I'm no govt agent, I have no agenda - I'm simply pointing out that you have some seriously flawed facts and assumptions in your post and you should have a read in your local library (as opposed to Wikipedia) to educate yourself on some of your facts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join