It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I see no problem with adoption. That seems like a good alternative to grip and rip.

Does the baseline/requirements to adopt vary by state or is there a federal set of rules?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
We're all entitled to our opinions, however it is another thing to play the Judge and decide who gets to do what based on personal beliefs.

I agree with you and in my opinion this statement of yours that I am quoting supports my argument.

People are entitled to their opinions and lifestyles they chose.
And if someone says that gay couples can adopt isn't that also playing judge based on personal beliefs?

by the way, none of my opinions stem from religion, just to get that out of the way.

Plus, let's just accept the society we live in, a kid with gay male parents will definately get bullied upon in school.

Why condemn him to such a thing at such an early age?

Originally posted by ninecrimes
What if I got "my tubes tied", then decided I'd like another baby?

Should I be able to adopt, then?

Very valid question.
But if you decide to get your tubes tied it means you don't want a baby.
Good analogy however you need to find a more applicable one.

(PS- my questions are entirely sarcastic, proving that you actually believe certain people should be able to do certain things. Maybe you should read your own signature about equality before making such HATEFUL statements)

If you want to condemn a young kid to having to put up with such bullying and mockery at such a young age for having gay parents then who is being inadvertantly hateful?

Listen, i'm all for freedom, equality and personal choice.
However, a baby is not you, it's another body, so it has nothing to do with personal choice.

Just because you believe my opinion is hateful doesn't mean that it is.
Because I have no hate in my heart.

I don't believe you have any hate either, but you aren't looking at the big picture here, so perhaps hate is irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You definitely make a very valid point when you mention that an adopted child with gay parents would very likely become a target to his or her peers. Thinking about this example makes me extremely happy that I am not gay, as having children would be a whole different and much more challenging ballgame indeed!
Thanks for your insight Modern, always a pleasure to see your opinion.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

We're all entitled to our opinions, however it is another thing to play the Judge and decide who gets to do what based on personal beliefs.

I agree with you and in my opinion this statement of yours that I am quoting supports my argument.

People are entitled to their opinions and lifestyles they chose.
And if someone says that gay couples can adopt isn't that also playing judge based on personal beliefs?

by the way, none of my opinions stem from religion, just to get that out of the way.

Plus, let's just accept the society we live in, a kid with gay male parents will definately get bullied upon in school.

Why condemn him to such a thing at such an early age?

What if I got "my tubes tied", then decided I'd like another baby?

Should I be able to adopt, then?

Very valid question.
But if you decide to get your tubes tied it means you don't want a baby.
Good analogy however you need to find a more applicable one.

(PS- my questions are entirely sarcastic, proving that you actually believe certain people should be able to do certain things. Maybe you should read your own signature about equality before making such HATEFUL statements)

If you want to condemn a young kid to having to put up with such bullying and mockery at such a young age for having gay parents then who is being inadvertantly hateful?

Listen, i'm all for freedom, equality and personal choice.
However, a baby is not you, it's another body, so it has nothing to do with personal choice.

Just because you believe my opinion is hateful doesn't mean that it is.
Because I have no hate in my heart.

I don't believe you have any hate either, but you aren't looking at the big picture here, so perhaps hate is irrelevant.

The only reason one person would single out another group of people and deny them rights that everyone else enjoys, would be out of hate.

Please show me evidence that says a child is better raised in a foster care system, than in the loving home of a gay couple, and maybe I'll take your "I'm thinking about the baby" line... but right now you are just judging people based on your own predispositions, which is exactly what HATE is.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Note- The only kinds of people who would bully a child for having gay parents are the same kinds of people who believe gay people should not have children. For children, they echo the beliefs of their parents.

[edit on 8/5/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

You definitely make a very valid point when you mention that an adopted child with gay parents would very likely become a target to his or her peers. Thinking about this example makes me extremely happy that I am not gay, as having children would be a whole different and much more challenging ballgame indeed!

This is such BS- what if a white kid had black parents? What if a couple who happened to have purple skin (literally) wanted to adopt?

Would you tell them "sorry, you cannot adopt. Your children might be made fun of in school"?

Do you think kids in foster homes get picked on for having NO parents? Do you think they would rather be loved by a gay, purple, white or zebra-striped couple, than NO ONE AT ALL?

Think before you speak.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Note- The only kinds of people who would bully a child for having gay parents are the same kinds of people who believe gay people should not have children.

The link between them is hatred.

And maybe a touch of a supremacy disorder.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This topic could go down as the first topic on ATS to have 100+ replies but not a single flag.
Way to make history!

Let's just say for a second that there was an "ideal" grouping/pairing to raise a child (I'm not saying marriage or union on purpose). What would the criteria be? Married? Income above $40k/$80k? Criminal history or no?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Note- The only kinds of people who would bully a child for having gay parents are the same kinds of people who believe gay people should not have children.

Could you possibly produce a more ....thinking of a nice word..... counter-productive post? Who are you to be judge and jury? Way to jump to conclusions and show you aren't above those that you say are "full of hate".....

Is there a smiley for hypocrite?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You too bro!

The only reason one person would single out another group of people and deny them rights that everyone else enjoys, would be out of hate.

I am not singling them out, human anatomy is LOL

Yes, because i'm sure there's alot of primary school students and/or kindengarden students at anti-gay rallies and even here on ATS.

Okayyyyy there buddy!!!!

EDIT: Flagged!

[edit on 5-8-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Note- The only kinds of people who would bully a child for having gay parents are the same kinds of people who believe gay people should not have children. For children, they echo the beliefs of their parents.

Ding ding ding...

We have a winner.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yes, let's cover medical for everyone but exclude a legitimate medical procedure. We should probably not cover birth control pills, vasectomies, or anything else of that nature either.

In fact, while we are at it, let's just go ahead and legislate specific medical procedures that are covered, and leave out the rest. Seems easier that way.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

I was INDEED thinking when i wrote my last reply. I was thinking about what kind of criticism a child may have to endure. I never said that any particular couple should not be allowed to adopt children, and I was merely empathizing with the plight of one who may receive criticism due to something so small as having gay parents. Settle down for a second and read between the lines, please and thank you.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You too bro!

Yes, because i'm sure there's alot of primary school students and/or kindengarden students at anti-gay rallies and even here on ATS.

Okayyyyy there buddy!!!!

Human anatomy does not decide adoption rights. People do. And unfortunately, the majority of people seem to take it upon themselves to judge innocent, loving individuals, just like you are doing right now.

How DARE you group every gay person together and tell them they cannot do something because they like something you do not. If that's not hate, I don't know what is.

Also, you have failed to answer my question about gays being unfit parents. Please show me why you feel as if they are, otherwise you're just continuing to provide us with evidence of your complete and total ignorance of the demographic you are so avid to condemn.

Your points are all invalid, hateful and opinionated.

You should really get over yourself, and stop discriminating against everyone around you.

PS- you've really made me feel pretty sick with your BS hate-speech. I don't know why you consider yourself to be non-judgmental (your sig) whilst continuing to condemn entire demographics of humanity.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I was INDEED thinking when i wrote my last reply. I was thinking about what kind of criticism a child may have to endure. I never said that any particular couple should not be allowed to adopt children, and I was merely empathizing with the plight of one who may receive criticism due to something so small as having gay parents. Settle down for a second and read between the lines, please and thank you.

So when you were "thinking", did you think about how a kid might be made fun of for having no mommy, and no daddy?

I'd rather have two loving parents than no parents at all. Wouldn't you?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You too bro!

Okayyyyy there buddy!!!!

Human anatomy does not decide adoption rights. People do. And unfortunately, the majority of people seem to take it upon themselves to judge innocent, loving individuals, just like you are doing right now.

How DARE you group every gay person together and tell them they cannot do something because they like something you do not. If that's not hate, I don't know what is.

Also, you have failed to answer my question about gays being unfit parents. Please show me why you feel as if they are, otherwise you're just continuing to provide us with evidence of your complete and total ignorance of the demographic you are so avid to condemn.

Your points are all invalid, hateful and opinionated.

You should really get over yourself, and stop discriminating against everyone around you.

PS- you've really made me feel pretty sick with your BS hate-speech. I don't know why you consider yourself to be non-judgmental (your sig) whilst continuing to condemn entire demographics of humanity.

Again, I ask, just because someone doesn't approve or like something doesn't make them hateful. I mean, are you serious? Stop calling everyone that doesn't agree with you hateful. I don't like BHO, so am I racist? How about, I don't like gangs, so am I racist (towards whites, blacks, asians, etc..)? How about, I don't like certain types of Italian food, so am I prejudice? This is the kind of thing you open yourself up to when you tell someone they are being hateful for not liking something you do.

That would make you anti-tolerant, would it not? See how easy labels can be assigned?
I'm not trying to call you out, just trying to get you to think before you begin calling someone "hateful".

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Roadblockx]

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

We're having a discussion here, not a pi**ing contest. I was empathizing based on ONE particular scenario which Modern put forth. It's unfortunate that you feel the need to get all high and mighty over gay rights, as we are getting further and further away from the topic at hand. I don't know who crapped in your cheerios, but perhaps you should take it up with them.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86
Pay for the abortion, or pay for the benefits of the unwanted, disenfranchised kid, and then your taxes can pay to keep him in jail for most of his adult life.

That's an extremely biased point of view about kids, and adults whose parents either died, or abandoned their kids... and this statement IS WRONG... There are lots of orphans who are much better people as kids, and even as adults than many people who have grown up with their parents....

This is about paying to KILL unborn children who have done nothing to deserve being killed.

And if you, or anyone else is going to start claiming that fetuses are not alive, etc, etc, then why don't you cut off a body part of yours if "it is not that important"?

That last part not directed at you specifically but anyone who wants to claim a fetus is not a lifeform.

Many, if not most Liberals, Greens, and Democrats who agree with abortion want to give better rights to a plant than to an unborn child....

Talk about priorities being messed up...

[edit on 5-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
Again, I ask, just because someone doesn't approve or like something doesn't make them hateful. I mean, are you serious? Stop calling everyone that doesn't agree with you hateful. I don't like BHO, so am I racist? How about, I don't like gangs, so am I racist (towards whites, blacks, asians, etc..)? How about, I don't like certain types of Italian food, so am I prejudice? This is the kind of thing you open yourself up to when you tell someone they are being hateful for not liking something you do.

That would make you anti-tolerant, would it not? See how easy labels can be assigned?
I'm not trying to call you out, just trying to get you to think before you begin calling someone "hateful".

Saying you hate a group of people is way different than limiting the rights of the said group of people based on unprovable opinions.

Please, think a little bit deeper before posting.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Thank you. Back to the topic. If the gov plan didn't include abortion but PAID for adoption expenses, what criteria should be placed on the adopting person/people? Salary? Lifestyle? Etc....

Please try answering this without insulting or belittling anyone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join