It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Orders Three Jets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by soldiermom

I guess it would have been prudent for me to actually read the OP. yeah, congress can ride their bikes to their 90 some odd days of ACTUAL "Work". god forbid they try and help support any other mode transportation that could be beneficial to EVERYONE,

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
OH YEAH!

This makes sense!

I'm broke, the government is broke, they order 3 jets for $200 million, I drive around in an $1,800, 18 year old vehicle, I'm not buying a new car because I, like the government, am broke!

Now, who's being more financially responsible?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

They could learn a lesson from you. The problem is, they don't want to. We've given them carte blanche to do whatever they wish including spending us into infinity because we keep electing them. I'll have to say that my two senators from Oklahoma have tried their best to keep all this from happening along with a few others, but unfortunately, they're outnumbered. I hope 2010 turns things around.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well, looks like Congress ACTUALLY listened and HEARD "the people" for once!

Air Congress Hits Turbulence

House leaders hope that dropping plans to spend $550 million on elite Gulfstream jets to fly members around the globe will dissipate public ire. I'm not so sure.

"Not so sure" is right!

It took a public outcry, (which I'm surprised they even listened to), to get them to not buy these planes, for $550 million, while the country is essentially bankrupt!

They should be ashamed of themselves for even thinking about buying them in the first place!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I'm.....speechless. I just simply cannot find a way to have faith in the fact that they didn't purchase these jets because of a public outcry though. Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't that be nice?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join