It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New DNC ad targets American's 1st amendment rights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

What did Bush have to do with the Dixie Chicks? You keep throwing out these red herrings, when I can throw out actual examples. You got nothing, just admit it. Bush was always very supportive of his critics. It was one of his weaknesses that his opponents exploited.

BTW, look at these 'spontaneous' ACORN rallies.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

So, where is the media on these rallies? Why aren't they trying to demonize these people?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Yes, even though I lean substantially to the left, this reminds me of the days of the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam war protests when demonstrators were accused of being paid political operatives, bused around the country to stage phony events.

The same charges are being leveled at the mostly-Republican right now. I don't know what to make of the charges or how real the "phony" town-hall events actually are.

I do think it infringes on freedom of speech, though, when speakers are just shouted down without giving them a chance to voice their side of the issue. Freedom of speech includes everybody's right to be heard.

I didn't like these tactics when my anti-Vietnam colleagues used them and I don't like them now.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Do they all stand for the same thing? NO

You're right...many of them stand for different corporate entities. Everything else Mpriebe said is absolutely true.

And btw...what does it matter on what they stand for...IF THEY DON"T STAND BY IT?!?!?!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join