It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New DNC ad targets American's 1st amendment rights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Ok, this is starting to really piss me off. Can you imagine the uproar if Republicans suggested Democrats were some kind of domestic terrorist trying to destroy the country? This is BEYOND THE PALE. The American MSM would never put up with this sort of behavior from the Republicans. They are instead, pushing this ad's message through they're demonizing of people who don't agree with Obama.

Please, spread this video and explain to people how utterly disgusting (and dangerous) this is. If this sort of thing continues, you can guarantee on Civil War 2.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What a bunch of crap!!! Good find, S&F.
I find it humorous in a very dark way that the ad actually touts the "wins" over Republicans, particularly the terrible spending bills. It's the same ol' same ol' though, just a bunch of rhetoric that many will blindly buy into....until AFTER Obama's term is over, when it becomes painfully obvious that he is screwing the country up just as bad as Bush did.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
They did. I don't know how many times I heard righties asking, "Why do you hate America!" "They want to destroy the United States". Hell I am still hearing it. You really shouldn't upset yourself over lies that your own side is making to distract you from the fact that things just might get better if the warmongers are put out. I hear lies all day long here about Obama and Dems, all day long. So there.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wow... That's just sickening. So now being a Republican and participating in a town hall meeting or a protest makes you a member of a mob? And here I was thinking that letting your representatives know what you think about proposed bills was a good thing.

As a registered Democrat I find that ad appalling. Tempts me to change my voter registration honestly, because I don't want to be associated with that kind of small-minded nonsense.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
They did. I don't know how many times I heard righties asking, "Why do you hate America!" "They want to destroy the United States".

When did the MSM support and push this idea? Do you know the difference between the powerful Main Stream Media and posters on an internet forum?

I remember the media attacking anyone who suggested Democrats weren't true Americans. Now the media is the one spreading that idea, along with the help of the DNC. There was never an alliance between the GOP & CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC to smear Americans or threaten their 1st amendment rights.

Even if what you suggested is true, how does that make this right?

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Huh?
Honestly, both sides of the fence are just as much to blame for what this country has come to. Nobody's hands are clean here, and to STILL buy into the party line BS after all that has come to pass is ridiculous. Obama is just another puppet in a long line of puppets, let's be real.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! The Rebublicans let Sotomayer through, they let the patriot Act through, yes they bitch and appear to complain and be against it all, but in the end they fold like a bunch of scared rats.

There is maybe one, maybe two honest people in Washington.
Judges, Governors, Congressmen and women, Senetors, all violating our Constitution by ignoring the whole Obama BC issue of eligibility.

They are committing treason, and last I looked, we are all still sitting on our behinds letting them.

When the blade falls it will be to late to pull out your head.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritwomyn

I'm at a loss as to why you replied to ME personally with "ENOUGH!!!" etc., when i was basically saying what you have just elaborated on a bit. I agree, there are only a handful of honest politicians left in Congress and it seems like they are doing all that they can to stop the madness.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Great thread... S & F.

Well what else would you expect from a bunch of whiny, infantile people such as the Liberals. This is the commercial version of a little girl pulling her brothers hair and then when he hits her she screams...MOOOOOOOMMMMMYYYYYY!!!! All the while pretending that she has done nothing wrong.

[edit on 8/5/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

What is truly infantile is anybody believing for a second that either side is any better than the other. As far as i'm concerned, both parties can rot in hell, as they have done little if anything positive for us that I can remember. The whole system is shot, it's corruption and greed to the max....citizens be damned! If you think for a second that any of these politicians(with a few exceptions) have your best interest in mind, you are sadly mistaken my friend.

Both parties are guilty of engaging in dirty tricks.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

This "they are all the same" BS is just a way to cop out and not stand for anything.

Are they all corrupt? YES
Are they all greedy? YES
Do they all lie out their suit wearing asses? YES

Do they all stand for the same thing? NO

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
lol! What a bunch of ankle grabbers.
DNC=Evil.
I love when people get mad at me for getting mad over our govts stupidity.
If you are a democrat, and you agree with this video, I feel sad for you.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Apparently, this informant program might not even be legal. Its also not subject to the Freedom of Information Act.

www.whitehouse.gov...

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].

www.redstate.com...

According to 5 U.S.C. § 552a, United States agencies, including the Executive Office of the President shall, “maintain no record describing how any individual exercises rights guaranteed by the First Amendment unless expressly authorized by statute or by the individual about whom the record is maintained or unless pertinent to and within the scope of an authorized law enforcement activity.”
J

Jake Tapper of ABC pointed out that "the title of the White House article was from Jon Adam's Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials.”

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Great find! Angery mob, lol. Some lady standing up and demanding answers about the birth certificate equates to an angry mob, laughable.

Weren't the protest marches during the Vietnam war angery mobs too? Oh thats right they were peaceful protestors.

When progressive nuts burn the American flag at their peaceful protests aren't they angry mobs too? No, they are just expressing their 1st amendment rights.

When anyone who isn't part of the left gets vocal...they're angry mobs.

Watch out everyone...soon this administration will get legislation passed that will redefine what is "acceptable speech" and what is "hate speech"

Oh wait...they already did that too.

God bless America

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

I could careless whether you think it's a cop-out or not. Just because these two parties don't stand for the same thing idealistically doesn't mean that either one is RIGHT, or has done right by us for that matter. We've been screwed at every turn by BOTH parties, so why would anyone in their right mind still buy into anything that these parties have to say?

You acknowledge that our representatives are greedy and corrupt, and yet you still listen to anything they have to say? The whole system needs to be re-vamped if we are ever going to save this country. THAT is what i believe.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

While I do agree we need to all be more responsible in deciding who we vote for and we need to become more active to make sure we arent electing a bunch of con-artists, there is nothing else we can do. We have a nearly perfect political structure, but still it is being abused. Mostly it is our fault because we elected these idiots. So until we start holding each other accountable thus enabling us to hold our politicians accountable nothing much will improve.

Regardless there are still basic differences between parties. Though we need more parties with more differences in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Actually the Republicans did, indeed, spend 8 years calling any left leaning Americans traitors. I was really afraid at the time, because I was just a critical of Bush and the Neo-Con Right as I am of Obama and the Neo-Con Left.

It's just more of the same in the pass-the-baton fascist dictatorship we're living in.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The difference is that there was a huge media there to counter that sort of talk and they did at every turn. Now those same media are the ones perpetuating it. The Republicans also never once target a group of Americans. They targeted other politicians. See the difference?

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Instead of labeling protesters, Obama and company should listen to them. He is merely angering and dividing people more.

He and the Dems need to hear these people out. Why is it that Obama and gang is willing to listen to the world, friend or foe, but prefers to label their own?

Just doesn't make sense. Reps are just as bad. Instead of listening and taking care of the problems before us, our elected officials prefer to battle each other over power.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

I disagree to a point. Many individuals were ruined due to their opposition to Bush policies like the Iraq War. Remember the term "Dixie Chicked"? I do. It's no different to me what we are seeing today, it is only a predictable consequence of predictable circumstances. Bush laid the ground work, Obama is just building on top of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join