It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New toy your young daughter can breastfeed ....sad

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

The PROBLEM is ... (hold on--you may not have ever heard this before!) THEY are trying to brainwash the daughters to going back to being pregnant, barefoot, in the kitchen, cleaning and being grateful for the opportunity to do it all day ... and out of the workplace.

Since it's not being sold here, yet, it's being aimed at OTHER countries where the women have NOT yet established themselves as mostly independent, intelligent, capable of multi-tasking, etc. THIS DOES NOT COINCIDE WITH WHAT MOST CHURCHES WANT MEN & WOMEN TO BELIEVE! Hence, their only way of getting the boys and the girls SEPARATED again, with separate goals and separate roles, is to RE-EDUCATE THEM!!!

It's sneaky, it's subtle, it's sinister. The churches don't WANT the population to go down so that there is a fair share of food and water; they want the population of chldren to GO UP! It adds to the burdens of the world to feed us all, puts women back in "our place" and creates a subliminal attitude against women being independent, and having independent thoughts, running for Offices, getting Higher Education, and the whole range of attributes we've always had, but the churches are against, because they insist that women should be sub-servant to men. PLUS, the more religious families there are, the more money the churches make off of us. The more people who need to be prayed for, the more money in the churches' coffers...

They want to subtly send us all back to the Dark Ages. DON'T FALL FOR IT. If women actually want to stay home & have children, that's fine ... but they shouldn't be programmed from early childhood to think that's what we're all meant to do.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
All I can say is that it's no wonder there's such a booming psychotherapy industry over there in the USA!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I can see where this is going, next year they will be coming out with Tampon Tammy or Menstruation Mary!

Dear god my gut is killing laughing at that, dude, you hurt me bad

Breastfeeding is embarrassing and disgusting here's proof -

[edit on 5-8-2009 by moocowman]

pmsl

bitty bitty

Gotta luv Little Britian!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'd rather parents give their daughters dolls that would scream randomly and uncontrollably with no way to remove batteries or muffle the sound.

That would teach a more worthwhile lesson than "look how much fun babies are!!"

There is such a doll- it's called Baby think it over

www.solutions-site.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I thought that the crash test dummies was sick. What's up with these people? This is beyond the joke! I hope their company folds up because of it. They don't dererve to be toymakers! They are truely #ed up in the head!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Ok, I just want to make one thing clear. Pedophiles wouldn't like this. She puts on MORE clothes to play with this toy so I don't see where that even came from! It is just a ridiculous statement that is unwarranted and unrelated...

And all girls have dolls like this, except normally you just feed it from a bottle.
And this appears to be from a Spanish or Portuguese nation from the text, which are mostly poorer countries (mostly in south america/central america) where little girls have many babies, quite often due to total lack of birth control.

I really don't see this as any different from my doll as a child that I had to feed and change, except that this won't beg their parents for "replacement" items (powder to make the liquid in the bottle) as they won't be needed. Seems cost-effective.

Not that I think girls should have that detailed a baby toy, but almost all little girls want a kid, it's either natural or societal, I am guessing natural since nature wants us to repopulate, etc.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CynCritter

I considered this and you make some valid points but little girls do want to imitate mommy. I would like to see more career oriented toys being offered to little girls as well.

To be honest I feel women have suffered manipulation at the hands of their doctors & society for a few generations. I asked one of my younger more progressive aunts why so many of my female relatives mislead me about their choice to breastfeed or not. She told me the doctors at that time were busy promoting formula/bottle feeding. The doctors it seemed sabotaged some mothers who were considering breastfeeding. It was implied that a percentage of mothers fail at nursing for many reasons anyway so why put yourself and baby through that in the first place. Instead start your baby off right with a balanced formula ensuring stable nutrition from the start. They were selling the formulas as something superior to breast milk.

Breastfeeding was seen as something poor depression era women did staying barefoot and pregnant as you say. My aunt felt it was two-fold the promotion of corporate bottles/formula and the push for women to join the work force. Women didn't want to be seen as poor & backward in the land of plenty. The bottle offered the kind of freedom women needed to work like a man, no pumping at work or milk stained shirts. It seems we went from one extreme to the other without considering the needs of women & children.

My aunt had regrets. She wanted to breastfeed but had been set up for failure by her doctor, reinforced by family. She went with the party line. I know for myself the whole time I breastfed my female family members were intent on seeing me fail. It seemed they needed me to fail. My babies gained weight and grew strong. I never went through the horrors of breast infections that they all assured me I would suffer through. Breastfeeding my first child should have been seen as good & natural instead it was a scary time with everything but support from society & family. This was my family and I wasn't listening to their advice. When my second child came they knew better than to say a word. I had proven myself.... what a crock.

As women we can't deny what we are. It's a slippery slope when society chooses to reinvent the female animal. I was always a tom boy keeping up with the best of them but when it came to children and nurturing I'm all female. Why can't we be both? Why can't women with small children have more flexible work days? Instead we are forced into a 40 hr or more work week. Some women have incredible guilt pangs in doing this but we are given few alternate choices. Imo this guilt leads to overcompensation in other areas such as discipline. We were sold quality of time over quantity of time. Women who had less time with their kids often didn't feel right about disciplining them.

I think it's apparent in generations of children since that manipulating mother nature does not always achieve the desired result. How about letting women decide what is best? Setting up a good supportive society is what's needed. One that supports all aspects of the multifaceted modern woman and her children. I don't want to be turned into a mutated version of man nor do I want to be subservient, barefoot & pregnant.

Imo most natural societies have found a good balance. Women living naturally have better female support allowing for more guilt free interaction. We as women have been conditioned to do the opposite. When I stayed home to nurse my children I caught so much flack from other women....use the bottle, get a sitter and get over it. I couldn't do it. When I did return to work I was hopelessly sad about leaving my children. I treasured that time at home nursing and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Bringing woman into a more modern time must be done with the greatest of care and consideration. The reasons behind doing so must be done purely for the good of women & children not to promote corporations or to increase the tax base. I think support & change needs to come from within the female populace itself. Women supporting women would be ideal. Not impersonal day care workers but a family of women who care for and about each other.

I would like to see a more natural based society which can successfully incorporate modern advances. Is that really so hard or is it just not as profitable?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
reply to post by Dr Love

there is probably a good reason those manufacturers decided to include bottle feeding than breast feeding...

A stab in the dark .... Nestle lobbying contributions to toy manufacturers??

Another guess .... they realise their biggest market, the good ol USA, is completely hung up on sexuality, and for the most part a bunch of ultra conservative prudes.

I'm still on page 3 but I notice you still haven't answered the many requests for you to clarify if you feel the same about the other adult oriented lessons, such as changing diapers and bottle feeding.

I'll take a 3rd guess and suggest that you can't really answer the questions, because you'll never be able to admit to yourself that you're sexually hung up on breasts.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

reply to post by gYvMessanger

What the hell ? What if her brother decides to imitate, or even have a go at getting a drink himself? Dear god what if they did it in the theater ?

I'm surprised the feminist aren't up in arms about this stereotyping girls as baby makers.

I can understand setting the example of breast feeding being natural,but surely it is the mother that should be setting the example not the child.

I am confused but I have an excuse, I am a man.

"stereotyping girls as baby makers."

Still snorting coffee out of my nose and attempting to get a breath.

Maybe we should be equal opportunity here?

No thanks, sounds a tad painful-----at both ends of the process.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Little girls shouldn't be thinking about breast feeding, let alone playing with dolls that get them interested in babies as they pertain to physical attachment with their own bodies. The emotional/sexual develpmental issues this "toy" (read: conditioning tool) will create, can lead to all kinds of misleading/mixed signals of what society expects of them at too young of an age.

You mean, just like toy cars will make 8 year old boys cause chain-reaction crashes on the freeway?

What's wrong with girls thinking about breast feeding? Suppose they see mommy doing it to little brother?

It's a completley irresponsible product that will have negative societal impacts (increased teen pregnancies) as these girls develop desires to have real babies of their own, not realizing they can't just throw their real baby in the closet when they are done playing with it.

Children aren't that dumb, and parents shouldn't be either.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

I don't get it either, breastfeeding symbolizes mother love and instinct to me, nothing sexual about it at all. It's only sexual if you think sexual. And that's not the products fault.

I actually think dolls are sweet and innocent. I don't know why adults have to make everything so negative and sexual....

I mean learning to love and take care of a baby is better than wanting to be a gangsta wannabe or the next slutty popstar etc

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Children aren't that dumb, and parents shouldn't be either.

One thing adults do a lot is underestimate children.

I remember feeling this a lot as a child. Children can be very wise and more clever than people remember.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

reply to post by EnlightenUp

I can see where this is going, next year they will be coming out with Tampon Tammy or Menstruation Mary!

Dear god my gut is killing laughing at that, dude, you hurt me bad

Breastfeeding is embarrassing and disgusting here's proof -

[edit on 5-8-2009 by moocowman]

pmsl

bitty bitty

Gotta luv Little Britian!

That is just dumb. I hate British humor. You obviously are very young and do not have children ( sorry to make assumptions) because if you did have a child you would want it to have mothers milk instead of a bottle full of genetically modified chemicals. You only get one chance when you are a parent...what choices you make for that child matter. When you grow up and think about the responsibility parents have to their children, then come back and tell me you would be Embarrassed for you child to suckle from its mothers breast. Breasts are made for babies -not men.

Ever wonder why men have nipple but no mammary gland...it is because they were too embarrassed to nurse their babies!!!! The evolved out of one of the most beautiful and loving experiences a child and parent can experience. Breastfeeding is the safest, most nutritious and cheapest way to feed your baby...also have a zillion health benefits for the mother.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
little girls should NOT be doing this! They should be using formula and bottles for their toy dolls as mandated by big formula companies. How else would they learn that formula is the perfect blend of science and love? Especially Gold label formula. Leave it to Americans to turn everything sexual.. oh noes!1 a little girl is learning that breast feeding is a good thing!1! this is horrible!!11!1 sigh..

P.S. I have a 6yr old daughter and she does this with her dolls anyway since she was breastfed until 3yrs old. Oh the horror!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

I'll take a 3rd guess and suggest that you can't really answer the questions, because you'll never be able to admit to yourself that you're sexually hung up on breasts.

Your 3rd guess is wrong. You didnt read far enough. And lets see... does my wife have a 'sexual hang up' on breasts as well?

or is it that anyone that has a different opinion than your
gets judged with your high mighty righteousness??

Heres a thought there bud, you buy your daughter the doll, and I wont. Is that ok with you? Lets see how many of those vote with their wallets and buy the doll that helps a 4 year old practice breast feeding? Ill bet there will be far more daddys that dont buy their 3 or 4 year old the doll than do...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
My thoughts?
They mostly center around you, OP and they aren't kind.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
NEWSFLASH

Female human breasts are for breast feeding, not for filling with silicone and wrapping around your Flirty Girl Fitness pole! For the love of Pete.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Littletruthseeker
NEWSFLASH

Female human breasts are for breast feeding, not for filling with silicone and wrapping around your Flirty Girl Fitness pole! For the love of Pete.

I take this as evidence that civilization is coming to an end.

We've grown so corrupt as a society that we drag our children into the gutter with us.

We are Rome before the fall. We are most definitely on the decline.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
OMG Nipples! Hide yo' wives, hide yo' kids...

Using the same logic as those who think this is perverted, then my 2 year old will grow up to be a raging perv because he saw me breastfeed his little brother. Once he even pulled his brother's head away from me and I explained to him that the baby wasn't hurting me (much) but that I was feeding him, after that it was okay with him.

It seems weird that people can't differenciate between a nurturing act and a sexual one. Men urinate through their penises AND ejaculate through them, following this line of thought men should get hard ons every time they're at the urinal since they have their penis in hand...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think having this doll should be up to the parents....

That being said, ... If they want realism... Make a doll that poops a pile bigger than the doll at random and have it start crying at 3am on any given night.

Then we'll see just how much fun we're having.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join