It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Stockpiles 40,000 Rockets Near Israeli Border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

What an odd response?

Nothing odd about my comments. You, however, are immersed in backhanded commentary and misdirections of intentions. Then you introduce msn sanctified trigger words in a list in mid paragraph like "insurgent, terrorist, mercenary" but it does not go anywhere. I suppose it is about flavouring discourse without saying anything.

As for Hisbullah, I am really indifferent about them but in the context of what they are doing to protect their country from Israel, they are doing what is good for themselves and their country men. There activities have no bearing on Palestinians, but I remember that when Israel was crucifying the people of Gaza, they were the only ones who contemplated opening a war front to relieve the pressure on the Palestinian civilians as the UN droned on about the conflict.

Thank you, I think? You seem to have agreed with me all the while calling me a Zionist

I haven't agreed with you in anyway.

[edit on 063131p://pm3143 by masonwatcher]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Israel put in place a "blockade" only after being attacked both by rockets and suicide bombers over the years. I have no problem with Israel doing whatever they feel necessary to defend their people/country. Israel wants to be left alone as all countries do I would think but they are surrounded by people that want them to be wiped off the map. This problem will "never" end and there will be a "flare up" every few years until the end of time. Mideast Peace is not going to happen especially if Iran is allowed to continue down the same path.

Let's just get the war started with Iran and get it over with as quickly as possible. I am getting tired of Hezbollah and Iran.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Sense says...

I think the whole matter is about land theft and occupation. What you said is about the justifications Israel uses for its actions.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Sense says...
Let's just get the war started with Iran and get it over with as quickly as possible. I am getting tired of Hezbollah and Iran.

Looks like you pose more of a threat than Hezbollah from what you just said.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You might want to look into the slogan of deny ignorance. Israel is just defending itself? Let's get a war started with Iran, and get it over with?

I'm actually jaw dropped at your war mongering attitude.

Israel's idea of defending itself is by 'preemptive strikes'.......not very defensive, now is it.

Start a war with Iran??? OMG, ding ding ding, we've got a winner. Hey, you'll get your chance; don't worry.

It's not going to be quick, and it's not going to just get over. It'll include all SCO/NAM countries.

Also, If all peoples realized the games played by the elites, and people like Albert Pyke laying out the ground work over a hundred years ago, I'm sure most people would say they've had enough.

The elites plan is to pit us against each other, and have us kill each other.........Remember: "Deny Ignorance", and think PEACE

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Actually, preemptive strikes for the purpose of defense are as old as mankind. The proper term is an offensive defense.

Every master of warfare who was successful in battle all agree on one thing: attack. Even in defense, attack.

An offensive defense was what Israel successfully used in 1967 after watching scores of divisions from Syria and Egypt crowd the borders in preparation of attack.

They had ordered the UN troops out and the dumbasses telegraphed their intent fore weeks, including their radio statements that Israel would run with blood.

So the idea of an attack for defensive purposes is a sound military tactic used throughout the millennia.

Israel didn't invent it, but they certainly have used it to their success.

If their intelligence verifies this cache and supply of rockets, then they would be complete idiots to let Hizballah open the party.

However, with so many Israel haters and so many Jew haters in the world, they'll probably elect to absorb the initial attacks to justify their follow up counter attacks.

This next time Hizballah won't get off as easy as they did the last time around.

Israel learned some really hard lessons, and they NEVER repeat a mistake.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah they have 40000 rockets on Israels border and then when they use them and Israel kicks the living hell out of them, everyone on here will be blaming Israel for being so evil. What a crock!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I really am jaw dropped. I don't care how old any strategy of war is; it's how, and why it's used is the issue.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that Albert Pyke as spokeperson(more, or less) laid the ground work out for this over a hundred years ago????

Your grouping anyone who's against the next war into Jew, and Israeli 'hater's'; I guess that is your perception. However, considering the fact that Albert Pyke laid this same scenerio out over a hundred years ago, as a means to have us destroy ourselves, then don't you see a severe issue?

Possibly, like the people in charge across the board are the ones causing the problems?

Ah, one more thing...........Donno how many times I gotta say this, a war with Iran is a war with Russia, China, and all SCO/NAM countries...........there will be no hoo-raa victory. Just a lot of blood shed, and power broker's winning at the end.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If Israel starts a war with Iran, the US won't help. The US troops over there only help shield Iran from Israel's stated motive to start a war. Israel would practically have to declare war on the US also in order to strike Iran.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

I think the whole matter is about land theft and occupation. What you said is about the justifications Israel uses for its actions.

There was no land theft you know that. This is just an excuse to condone there actions.Palistinians were a recent invention ive gone over the history before with you. This isnt about land its about religeon beliefs cultural diffrences and quite frankly hatred built up on both sides by a few individuals to complete there goals. of maintaining there control!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

You seem to get jaw-dropped a lot. Doesn't take much, does it?

And by the way, defensive offense is a hell of a lot older than 100 years, and your Prince Albert had nothing to do with it.

Read Vegetius, Sun Tzu, Napolean, Caesar, Suvarov, Li Quan, Jia Lin, Nathan Bedford Forrest, Euripedes, Cao Cao, Chung-ho-Chi, Alexander, H yangxi, Xenophone, Meng Shi, Mei Yaochen, Karl von Clausewitz, and once you read through them, I'll give you another score who all agree on the matter.

And yes, it seems the UN is full of Israel haters or Jew haters, which is the reason Israel is frequently willing to absorb initial attacks - just so they can say they didn't start it.

To them, Israel can't do anything right.

Israel gets attacked, and suddenly world-wide, it's Israel's fault.

Israel kicks their ass in turn, and it's suddenly genocide.

Rockets are fired at Israeli civilian populations, and that's just resistance.

Israel kills civilians, and it's mass genocide.

And just to get this out - I don't care how many times you repeat the same thing over and over again - a war with Iran is NOT an automatic war with China and Russia.

Russia loves selling Iran their crap, so they're not going to war over Iran, thought they certainly will SELL and help rebuild Iran. A nuclear Iran concerns the Russians too.

China has so many IOU's from the US, they're certainly not going to war with us over Iran. Same deal. You seriously think China is going to cut their own throats?

You gotta be kidding.

They may go to war with the US some day, but not for many years to come. Too much invested in Capitalism right now.

Hell, even Israel's Muslim neighbors and traditional enemies would love to see Iran (the hated Persians) taken down a notch or two.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by dooper]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

An offensive defense was what Israel successfully used in 1967 after watching scores of divisions from Syria and Egypt crowd the borders in preparation of attack.

So the idea of an attack for defensive purposes is a sound military tactic used throughout the millennia.

So by that rationale , Iran could act pre-emptively , citing Israeli military preparations and incessant sabre rattling.

Dangerous ground .....

More than 100 F-16 and F-15 war jets took part in the manoeuvres over the eastern Mediterranean earlier this month, unidentified U. S. officials are said to have told the New York Times.

It claimed the aircraft flew more than 900 miles, roughly the distance from Israel to Iran's Natanz nuclear enrichment facility Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

source

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Since the tactic is thousands of years old, since it's been proven effective by many leaders, many generals, many countries, and many armies, I doubt there's a patent on it.

So my guess would be that ANY country could use the tactic.

The attack on Pearl Harbor was an offensive defense. Japan hoped to sink our navy and soon thereafter, sue for peace. After all, if we had lost our navy, we should have been more receptive to peace.

Their mistake was that their attack was a surprise attack that pissed off the wrong people.

Iran is Persian. If not for buying and copying Western weapons systems, they'd still be using wicker shields and composite bows.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Yes they could peemptively attack isreal but there is a problem. Theres another rule of war that would come into play •Defend, then attack: Gain possession of a superior weapon or tactical system, induce the enemy to launch a fruitless attack, then go on the offensive. Employed repeatedly against the Goths by the Eastern Roman general Belisarius to reclaim vast stretches of the Roman Empire.

Would Isreal absorb the damage of course would they then strike back with force Iran has never seen before of course they would.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Yea, that's been tried before and Israel handed the arab nations their ass on a platter. Good luck with that

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Ummm we have video footage of hundreds and hundreds (or was it thousands and thousands) of dead kurds, killed by some type of chemical weapon used by the Iraqi military. I'm not justifying the war with Iraq or saying that we weren't lied to about weapons of mass destruction. I'm just saying that we have proof that chemical weapons (which are weapons of mass destruction) used by the Iraqi military on the kurdish people.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Wait, what do chemical weapons in Iraq have to do with Israel and the Palestinians? I'm sure you know that we sold Iraq some of those chemical weapons anyhow.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. It's disconcerting to me that so many of you seem to side with Israel when it is becoming common knowledge that Israel has absolutely beaten the HELL out of the Palestinians. Both sides have undoubtedly caused a lot of bloodshed, but to equate rocket attacks that kill a person or two--with supply blockades, bombings, and automatic gunfire, and hundreds to THOUSANDS of casualties.....it's downright asinine.
Israel is undoubtedly the aggressor here. they control the sea, air, power/electrical, food, and medical supplies in and around Gaza.
And for those who keep screaming "Hezbollah!!", you need to check yourself. Many Palestinians do not agree with nor condone any of the rocket attacks that have been and will likely continue to take place.

And personally, if Israelis were controlling my existence and smashing my family to bits, i'd want to throw a few rockets their way.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by mpriebe81]

[edit on 6-8-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Awesome!

Let the rocket games begin!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
40,000 rockets?
yeah right!

Look at the security surrounding them, look at the Israeli crackdowns.

40'000 rockets is a lot of rockets.... im calling bs!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You make a great point, especially considering that Gazan smuggling tunnels were reportedly bombed into oblivion not that long ago.
If they have ANY rockets, it's probably a couple of crates.....and just the two bic lighters to get those bad boys up in the air :p

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join