It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Stockpiles 40,000 Rockets Near Israeli Border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Times Online UK Story

Three years after Israel fought a bloody war in Lebanon against Hezbollah, there are fears that hostilities could erupt again — this time with the militant group better armed than ever.

According to Israeli, United Nations and Hezbollah officials, the Shia Muslim militia is stronger than it was in 2006 when it took on the Israeli army in a war that killed 1,191 Lebanese and 43 Israeli civilians.

Hezbollah has up to 40,000 rockets and is training its forces to use ground-to-ground missiles capable of hitting Tel Aviv, and anti-aircraft missiles that could challenge Israel’s dominance of the skies over Lebanon.

Brigadier-General Alon Friedman, the deputy head of the Israeli Northern Command, told The Times from his headquarters overlooking the Israeli-Lebanese border that the peace of the past three years could “explode at any minute”.

NOTE - Didn't we have a middle east issues forum? I can't find it.
Or am I just having a spaced out day today?

Lovely. 40,000 rockets stockpiled at the border. I'm sure it's for 'peaceful' purposes, right? Afterall, no country in it's right mind would want to allow a terrorist organization to stockpile massive amounts of weapons on it's border with a nuclear country. (RIGHT MIND being the operative words here )

Israel kicked Hezbollah butt last time. But Hezbollah is right back at it again.
Israel - a nuclear nation - has shown remarkable restraint.
Someday they'll explode instead of showing restraint.

You can whack the bee hive with a stick just so many times before the bees come swarming out to sting the hell out of the little moron with the stick.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I would hardly call anything Israel does as "Restraint". Nope, they have an agenda - just like the jihadis. I just hope that this go around - they completely and entirely destroy one another. That should put and end to this crap once and for all!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here it is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is called "middle East Issues", it is in the "current events discussion forum.

just saying...

[edit on 8/5/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I believe that they have 40,000 rockets about as much as I believed that Saddam had nukes and chemicals.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Let 'em duke it out without any interference .... yep.
Get it done with.
It'll raise the colletive IQ of the world and the world can move on.

reply to post by mrmonsoon

So in other words I'm having a spaced out day.

Thanks mrmonsoon.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Israel kicked Hezbollah butt last time.

Did they really? If they "kicked Hezbollah butt", then why did the organisation emerge from the conflict stronger than ever? Curious thinking you have, FF. israel failed in it's mission in lebanon and no, they have never shown restraint.

The UK not bombing the crap out of Ireland for 30 years of IRA attacks is restraint... Israel doesn't even come close.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If they were blockading important food and medicine, you'd raise a stink too. Well, normal people would. Americans should shrug their shoulders and give another trillion to their masters at goldman. When Israel stops blockading the Palestinians, and the Palestinians no longer have to eat grass, then maybe the rockets would stop.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Considering what they are capable of doing, yes they did.

They have had nuclear weapons for many yars, and have had them while several neighrs tried to gang up on Isreal....yet no nukes fired or used.

Thats restraint.

They are capable, yet have not killed every living thing in the rockets launch abilities distance.

These are great restraint to use angainst the terroist groups hamas and Hezbollia, which, of course, hide themselves and wepons behind civillians.

[edit on 8/5/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by radio_for_peace
When Israel stops blockading the Palestinians, and the Palestinians no longer have to eat grass, then maybe the rockets would stop.

Ya' got it backwards.

The so-called Palestinians were rocketing and bombing the Israeli civilians long before Israel put any blockade into effect. Not to mention the fact that there are legal channels for aid to get through. Also, the so-called Palestinians are too busy using illegal tunnels to smuggle in weapons to be worried about the alleged starving of their brethren.

No one has starved in the Gaza. No one.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
That border is not a large area. 40,000 rockets make a very easy and volatile target. Israel has a top notch air force and US technology.

In other words if this were true, we will be hearing about a large explosion along the border any second??

They probably have 40 rockets! Must be a typo!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
As usual, the anti-jewish crowd fails to tell the truth.

The gazan's were making sucide bombing in civilan coffeeshops and such.

As soon as they were prevented from entering Isreal, the sucide bombings stopped...funny how that works, eh?

they caused their own problems but refused to stop the cause of the closures.

If they did not require closed borders and check pointws to stop their terrorist actions, then and only then can they not be treated like terrorists that they are.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I hope the zionist's get ripped apart, they are a young and foolish nation who believe that as long as they have the wests support, nothing can harm them..

what they don't realise is that theya re surrounded by enemies.. every single arab nation surrounding them wants to wipe them out..all it takes is one cause to unite the arabs..

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
In other words if this were true, we will be hearing about a large explosion along the border any second??

Probably. From the news source -

Times Online UK Story

Brigadier-General Alon Friedman, the deputy head of the Israeli Northern Command, told The Times from his headquarters overlooking the Israeli-Lebanese border that the peace of the past three years could “explode at any minute”.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
what they don't realise is that theya re surrounded by enemies..

Israel is very much aware of it. Afterall ... rockets and bombs and suicide bombers and bullets rain down on them every day from the so-called Palestinians and their supporters.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

You know the anti-jewish brigade have arrived when "zionist" is fired about, you guys love it...

Just face it for once that maybe Israel is not the big bad guy in this and in fact the muslim extremists around them are the crazy ones.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Remember Flyer's fan, "Deny Ignorance". there's a reason the majority of the post's here don't agree with you. Your fighting a disinformation campaign designed to nuture war, and death, while the rest have an idea of truth.

Seems like your fighting a moved point that daily grows toward the arena of absolute ignorance

Oh, and yes, NO star, and flag....hey, but a bump

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If everyone in my neighborhood hated me, and constantly threatened and threw rocks at me daily, I would burn the neighborhood down, and I wouldn't care if I went with it!

If I heard they had 40,000 rocks right next door, I would do something immediately!!

If some "Big Brother" moved me into that neighborhood, and I had no options for moving out, I would ignore Big Brother's counseling on how to act within the neighborhood, but I would take any of Big Brother's money or weapons that he offered!!

[edit on 5-8-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

My recollection is that Hisbullah had 5000 lightly armed militia men employed modern battle field tactics against an invading Israeli army of 40,000 with armour, artillery and air support.

The behind the lines combat and shifting strikes caused units of Israeli soldiers stampede and cause log jams. It was a big shock for IDF soldiers long accustomed to pushing around Palestinian civilians.

I suspect that in the next Israeli invasion in the Lebanon to steal the Latini River, Israel will adopt a scorched earth policy using thermobarics and bunker buster bombs. Most like Israeli ground forces will leap frog Lebanese defenders and lock them in place with two IDF fronts to the north and South of the Latini River and then attempt to eradicate Hisb.

On this occasion Israel will not bomb the rest of the Lebanon but maintain the possibility. This to prevent the Lebanese population wanting to fight the invasion under the threat of wide ranging bombings of civilian centres. If this occurs, Israel will accuse the Lebanese of widening the war.

Chemical bombs and depleted uranium will be avoided around the Latini River because it is prime arable land.

[edit on 013131p://pm3130 by masonwatcher]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Off topic personal remarks.
But hey .. I'm sure you had fun, right?

reply to post by getreadyalready

If you read the story it looks like the Israeli general was saying that they intend to do something about it. The only 'something' I can think of is an airstrike or other hit like that. At some point it'll happen, I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It might be a real good idea for Israel to stock up on the MOAB's, and when the rockets start to fire, they'll have enough MOAB's to overpressure entire grids.

A mix of thermobaric explosive and other high-yield, high temperature fillers could be alternated for maximum effect.

Nothing to take the starch out of your shorts like a blast radius of some 200-300 meters!

Makes a man rethink his vocation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join