It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attn: all veterans ... about war injuries .. Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
received annon via Email... paul rever network. -- ATTN: ALL VETERANS

www.snopes.com...
this is what snopes says...

stand by I will see what they say.... *It's True but the spin worked* It's edited propoganda true but ??? ... BP

HERE IS OBAMA'S RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO LET THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES.........WHAT AN EMPTY HEADED PERSON HE MUST BE......SEND THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO SHOW THEM JUST WHAT HE THINKS OF OUR MILITARY WHO FIGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY AND GET HURT AND KILLED PROTECTING OUR FREEDOM!!!

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty.

The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal. "Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained..
"Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.....”

"I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country," Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

END

[edit on 5-8-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Show me a link to the interview where he said all of that.

I don't remember him saying any of that.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hey there. Interesting to read, and not the least bit surprising. However, can I have a link before I spread this around the world?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Oh yes...I have got to see this link

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So he never did say those words that are supposed to be quotes from Obama. People just thought that was how he felt.

So this thread can go in the Hoax bin.

edited for fat fingers.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by jd140]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Why did you edit a few paragraphs out of your post?

Edit it all you want, it still isn't true.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
That is complete rubbish.
Look, I understand that Obama is a fool. This has become glaringly obvious. However, he is not such a fool that he would say anything even remotely that abrasive. No way.

People would be at the front door of the WhiteHouse within the hour if he dared say anything like that... and his handlers would NEVER allow it either.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I could not agree with you more!
BornPatriot
spreading Propaganda is a bad idea. I got this email today to in my ako and you know what I did? Deleted it because I looked in to the facts.

Q: Did Obama accuse veterans of "selfishness" and whining? Would he have forced them to "pay for their war injuries"?

A: This chain e-mail contains fabricated quotes and misrepresents a budget idea that the White House scrapped.
Fact check.org

new topics

top topics

join