It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the business side of Gilliland Ranch?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I keep hearing about Gilliland Ranch and how people see tiny satallite like objects high in the sky... and how everyone camps out there and has a spirtual hippie pow wows... well i'm incredibly curious as to what the financial side of all this is for James Gilliland? Does he charger per visit? Does he sell gifts? Does he charge the media? How does this man make money? I know there are lots of organiziations that are capitolizing on bigfoot hunts (bfro..among others). and the AlienInn in Racheal. not that there is anything wrong with making a profit if you can sometimes product results!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am sure if you will ask this in the already existing thread here someone would be happy to answer. I personally don't know, but I am sure many do.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
From my own personal experience at the ranch and meeting James, he never asked me for a dime to go up there and witness for myself. I DID however OFFER to pay a small fee for camping overnight on his grounds, which I think is only respectful. But he ASKED for no such donation.

As far as seeing "nothing more than tiny satellites", I saw more than that. There were bright flashes that looked like silent explosions in the sky, and a couple of pulsating objects, as well as one that had an orange glow to it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I too have been there, we booked a room in this little building on the property. Over the fone they mentioned a mandatory donation of which was nominal for 4 people. When we got there they asked us for nothing, but I handed them some cash when we left. Thats the most interesting thing I think, that they are clearly not making a lot of money off this place. I think they are making enough to get by, but there's no merchandising, no parking fees, nothing. Not even very many rules to follow, and if you happen to break the few that they have, well, they don't even care.

An interesting place this Gilliland ranch.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

As far as seeing "nothing more than tiny satellites", I saw more than that. There were bright flashes that looked like silent explosions in the sky, and a couple of pulsating objects, as well as one that had an orange glow to it.

stare long enough at the sky anywhere in america and you will see unusual objects and "explosions"/meteorlogical flashes.. if you watch long enough night after night. If you want to see something up close and personal and really make a believer of yourself I suggest another Ranch in Utah where you wont be sitting with a bunch of burnt out hippies watching satallites and burning up space debris. Interesting how you never really read about close encounters at the G Ranch by 3rd party observers (who are there night after night always watching some far off satallite like object wizzing through the sky). Likewise you never hear of any hikers on Mt. Adams having a closeup view of one of those spaceships which must be zipping by mere feet from them...

[edit on 5-8-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Bro, puh-lease, before you start PRESUMING to "know" what I saw, and dismss away people's experiences there, at least do a little homework on the AREA. Your comments here show that you have NOT.

This phenomena and strangeness of activity is by no means limited to the RANCH.

Mt. Adams in general has been the focus of high strangeness going back AGES, among the local Yakema Indian tribes. They have encountered not only strange objects in the sky, but also beings around the mountain there.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by hiii_98

Bro, puh-lease, before you start PRESUMING to "know" what I saw, and dismss away people's experiences there, at least do a little homework on the AREA. Your comments here show that you have NOT.

This phenomena and strangeness of activity is by no means limited to the RANCH.

Mt. Adams in general has been the focus of high strangeness going back AGES, among the local Yakema Indian tribes. They have encountered not only strange objects in the sky, but also beings around the mountain there.

yes there are quite a few books on a phenomona known as "earth lights". I suggest you buy a book or do some browsing online for this very natural occurance. Furthermore this has been occuring before cars or airplanes so thank you for noticing its long history. The location to fault lines and a mountain further add to this conclusion.

they are also known as Earth Lights · Will-o'-the-Wisp · Earthquake Lights · ect..

what interests me is when these lights land in front of you and interact, and or a being is witnessed controlling them. I've yet to read of an account where a independant 3rd party observer notice a triangular ufo or metallic disk as being the source of one of these far off atmospheric/earth phenomona. Or even better an untainted source claiming direct alien/human contact other than the stories of James and hippie co-conspirators.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
WRONG. I have seen objects shoot out of these flashes, so I know it is not "earth lights" in many of the cases I have observed.

It makes no difference to me whether you want to believe or not about what goes on up there, but don't try to presume that I am unversed on what I am witnessing, as I have been at this for a LONG time my friend.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I have been at this for a LONG time my friend.

and I havnt?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Beats me? But you don't see me here trying to dismiss your experiences, do you? And aren't you the guy who claims to have been contacted directly by ET in the past? I didn't try to explain that away from you, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, so try showing the same courtesy to my experiences, which you were not there to witness, first hand. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I'm merely trying to open people's minds to other places where you can experience such things first hand. Gilliands has never impressed me (and no i have not been there in person so I realize it is somewhat unfair for me to judge). However there is an monumental amount of attention spent of Gillians Ranch on ATS when there are places available in the US right now that are far more fruitful in paranormal first hand experiences.... yet far less discussed by ATSers and the site's owners...

also i do appreciate your experiences, i'm just not a fan of this topic, and due to the vast distance of the evidence witnessed at the ranch it will never be photographically convincing of anything to the outside world. I prefer attempting to collect evidence yielded by much closer contact to convince others of the truth.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Are you talking about the skinwalker ranch? If so, I would LOVE to investigate there, but I believe it is private property and sealed off to visitors?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I have been at this for a LONG time my friend.

well then maybe it's time to get some glasses DD.

Maybe I'll give Gilliland Ranch another chance one day, but the most unusual things i saw up there were the people....

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Don't YOU start in now.

Seriously bro, maybe give it another shot. You may have been there on an off-night. I definitely saw some unusual stuff the night I was there.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

there are 3 hotspot ranches other than G's ranch where you are far more likely to have a close encounter.

1. Sherman Ranch utahlink
2. Evans Ranch Coloradolink
3. Bradshaw Ranch Arizona link

u2 me if you wish to discuss visiting any one of these. I believe only the Bradshaw is legally accesible.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

I'd break the law for aliens.

whens a good time to go?

You guys in?

top topics

join