It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ROCK BOTTOM (Life in a homeless shelter)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Originally posted by whiteraven[/i

Maybe ATS can somehow organize a gift package for you with members chipping in a 20 or two.

WR

I will throw in 100 bucks to start it off.

i may sound like an ass here, but due to past problems, i'm not so willing to go here.
what i am willing to do is send food, clothing and supplies for the children, bus tickets etc......
tossing around cash is not always the answer.
sorry for being a bummer.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
At this very moment I am shocked.

After reading this thread with tears rolling from my eyes I can't actually write further at this time.

My heart and Soul are hurting to much right now.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I will throw in $40...but how...any ideas on how to get the money to the person and can we do this on ATS??

I gotta go to work so I will return later to see.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If AD or someone geographically close will set up and post an address to send to, whoever wants to kick in money can send to there. I'll keep an eye on this thread so I can send mine. Best of luck AD, we're here for ya.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

You never know when life will throw you a curve ball and you will end up like this.
I try to stay positive, especially around my kids. They need to see me smile. They need to know that things will be OK.

Reading this hurt my eyes... But I can only offer these words of wisdom...

Sometimes those curve balls that life throws at us can be hit for a home run. I've had my share of curve balls thrown at me, and I've swung hard at everyone of them.

With out some form of a spiritual relationship with God, I would of never been able to swing at those pitches. Living by the philosophy: that God will work in my life, and no matter how difficult it may feel, He knows what is best for me, and he will put me in certain situations that will be perfect for my spiritual growth, has gotten me through the hard times.

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I have to let pride fall by the wayside.

I don't believe that... You may feel this way now, but I think you are starting to get a sense of what pride actually is.

Pride is not your house, your bank account, your clothes or your car... Pride is about being humble. You are learning one of the greatest gifts God can ever give a man: HUMBLENESS.

I take pride in the fact that God has humbled me, and I hope you can do the same. It hurts at first, but there will come a time when Humbleness is greatest the feeling in the world. If you take a look at the majority of today's wealthy people, their pride is invested in their wallets. They take the glory in their success instead of giving that glory to God, they fail to realize the Lord giveth and the Lord can taketh it away in the blink of an eye.

And while the Lord has put where there is no money or home, The Lord left you with a priceless blessing: Your Children. You are the wealthiest man in the country right now in my eyes. I know people that would happily trade in all their valuables to spend five minutes with the child they've lost.

I hope my words can somehow comfort you at night while you sleep, because I want you to take pride in the fact that you can still enjoy watching the sun set with your kids, and now that the money, cars, house and other distractions are gone... Enjoying that sunset can now be appreciated the way it was meant to be.

Rock Bottom?

As long as you and your children are in good health... You haven't gotten close to rock bottom. During trials and tribulations like this, it's important to count your blessings... and always remember that this experience could be a major blessing in disguise.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I just wanted to say I feel for you and your children. What a terrible experience you must be going through, but take heart in the fact that people here on ATS actually care and are willing to help you. If I was still in the states and not the U.K. I would offer you a place to stay.

I am so thrilled that there are still people out there who are offering their homes and cash to help out, it really makes me have hope in this world and humanity in such bleak times.

All we hear about lately is material things, and buying the latest T.V. or car. All the young ones today seem to want to live like movie stars, and will trample on whoever they can to achieve this, and yet a forum like ATS can bring hope! God bless all you ATS'ers and your loving spirits!

There is still hope, we don't have to look to the government/presidents to promise it, we can do it ourselves!

CX

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Originally posted by whiteraven[/i

Maybe ATS can somehow organize a gift package for you with members chipping in a 20 or two.

WR

I will throw in 100 bucks to start it off.

i may sound like an ass here, but due to past problems, i'm not so willing to go here.
what i am willing to do is send food, clothing and supplies for the children, bus tickets etc......
tossing around cash is not always the answer.
sorry for being a bummer.

I don't think you sound like an ass.

I have offered what little financial assistance i can, but as an afterthought i am worried how it would be received at the shelter? I don't know how shelters work. I'd hate for AD to start getting sackfulls of envelopes containing cash, and discover we'd made things more difficult for the family.

Last time i was in London, there was a little old lady sat under a pile of blankets near Victoria station, i gave her a tenner but gave it back, saying thanks but she'd only get mugged for it. I got her some nice sandwiches and a cuppa instead.

I have asked AD if theres anything else i could send from across the pond, either for him or the kids. Sometimes in these situations money is not the answer to everything.

I'd like to add that i hope AD is not shy about asking for anything that may help. Men are notoriously proud and find it difficult to ask for help.

At the end of the day, all a person can do is ask, a member will either be able to help or not.

CX.

[edit on 5/8/09 by CX]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My wife and I were Homeless just a year ago, and even scarier, we ARE 1200 miles from the nearest friend or relative, We walked 10 miles a day in 100 degree heat looking for work. We have no children granted but we keep putting on foot in front of the other.

DO NOT DESPAIR.

Providence (God?) has something in store for you if you just don't give up, my wife and I had worked at "temp" jobs for three years prior to becoming homeless; I walked into a job ( literally ) a month later, full time with benefits.

Yes. life looks Bleak now, but it will improve, and when you DO get back on your own, take it slow, we have been working a year now and STILL have no car, ( nor do we really want one ) we ride bicycles to work and are the envy of our co-workers, we are in better shape then before this happened to us.

DON"T give up. Keep putting one foot in front of the other...............

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I dont know you or your situation, but have you tried going to a church for help?

I know many who donate food and clothing and they can offer really low rent places to live. They may even help you find a job (if your able).

I know what it is like to loose everyting by "rolling the dice" but you cant give up. Your kids depend on you. Focus and youse your witts to get yourself out of this situation. Any resources someone offers, don't be too prideful and take them. I know it can be hard...

Good luck and godspeed...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ive been all around the world living here and there...in the houses of friends and family from afar....the bare minimum...I have nothing but this labtop...and a backpack with a few shirts and pants and socks....and of course the Most important of all I have my trusty towel....it has this giant print of a parrot...bright and vivid...with one giant word on it...LOVE. Ive had it forever. From the apartments of Of The East Coast of the Usa...to the Jungles and country side of Cambodia. the human spirit is such a powerful force..to continue...to survive.

never lose Hope...as long as people help each other...it will all be Ok.

so in short...never stop helping each other...and above all...

Never Despair.

Always Love.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

yes, you have the idea. in no way do i mean to discredit or demean the op, but think about it, does anyone know him/her personally? my gut feeling is that this is genuine, but in general, you give a guy with a ,will work for food, sign in the walmart parking lot money, and it goes for alcohol and drugs. what i usually offer is 10-20 bucks in food. you'd be amazed by the number that straight up refuses. right now i wish i had a job to offer, that is the best way out. some times these 'donations' of cash are made in a self gratifying way, and are often a tease because many don't follow through. if this person need a tank of gas or a bit of cash, he/she can go to almost any church for a voucher. been there, done that. what we want to do here is to help this person in the long run, not just give a quick fix. please pm me your approximate location, i have many ideas and resources up my sleeve. if i knew where you are, i could help at a distance, job through a friend, place to stay, help for the kids etc......

edit to add, if cash is raised and sent without truly kwonwing the situation, it is a good reason for the lazy to repeat a post like this and work off the kindness of others.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by rubbertramp]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hi, Star, and flag of course. I feel for your situation greatly. There are many people goin down skid row. It's harder in the States than many other countries where it has been traditionally harder to make ends meat.

I have to say this: Not blaming the recession, but blaming yourself for a bad poker hand???? What a load of *snip*. Between reading your words, and feeling heart ache at your pain, I had a large amount of anger, and thought what a stupid excellent *snip* Christian mentality you have.

*snip* it's your fault?? The Govt., and the Power Broker's in control of it offered enormous amounts of capital in order to pull the rug out from people. You know what???? They KNEW the stupid Sheeple would blame themselves; rather than the majic tricks the PTB were doing.

No details here, but let me just say, in many of the brokerage houses across the globe, they knew, and adimately helped plan out the fall which you, and other's are experiencing. YES, I know this first hand from my own ears from the horse's mouth. They knew especially in the States it would go over like clockwork; because of the Christian mentality.

Sure, my heart goes out for you, but until you, and other's stand the *snip* Up, I've got nothing to offer you other than as you said, "It's my fault!!!"

admin edit: DO NOT attempt to circumvent the foul language censors.
[edit on 5-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

[edit on 5-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I don't want to put a damper on the wonderful expressions of decency and caring being showed here in this thread but...

We simply can't allow the posting of any addresses or solicitations for donations in public.

I also want it clear that AD has not asked anyone for anything, so anyone who is thinking about ranting over this being a scam, or anything other than a person who is going through extremely tough times sharing her plight with her online community, needs to think again. (it's terrible I have to type that but it's sure to happen if I don't)

The Above Network, LLC or AboveTopSecret.com can not get into the "shelter or charity" business.

We, as a company, can't collect our members money and distribute it to anyone.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Good job Springer

Not that I am against people asking or giving charity (and this indeed is not he case in this thread)...very noble...theres just no way of discerning between someone faking it to get $$ and someone as seemiongly sincere as the OP...

Again, good luck. I hope things turn out well...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I completely understand.
I get what kind of can of worms this could turn into for you guys and respect that you guys have a business to run.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

To add a note to Springer's post here, as well as what I originally said, I would not accept money, food, or anything from anyone.

I sure hope no one thought I was asking, because I wasn't.

I am a problem-solver, troubleshooter, and all around smart man, I'm enjoying figuring out what I equate as a puzzle for myself, I wasn't griping, but being supportive of AD, with her kids living in a shelter.

That's all.

With this rough depression in America, I'm sure there are countless ATS'er who are out there struggling, right beside every other American citizen.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

It may sound trite, but that's why it'll work out for you.

Best of luck to you. Wish I could do more for you.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
**Hugs** to anyone suffering in any way. My extended benefits just ran out and I am unsure whether or not I will be approved for another extension. I think we will be seeing more and more people in dificult situation as time goes by. The reccesion has hurt so many people. Wishing everyone courage, strength, love and light through this difficult time. _ Lorri

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Congratulations! You've officially pulled me out of my shell. I am a frequent lurker more or less paranoid and jaded with how this world has presented itself to me. I wanted to write to you to help encourage you. I cannot honestly fully grasp how you may be feeling. Nevertheless, let me say that my mom was homeless on and off for about a year after her divorce. Right before that time I had just moved clear across the country on my own out to test my naive understandings of the world. A year after my move my mom and dad split up. He basically left her high and dry. Since she had been a stay at home mom for most of the time, clinically depressed and diagnosed with fibromialgia she was limited for jobs and in dire straits. I tried to help financially as much as I could with juggling a new life, a new daughter, and dead end jobs and just as the other posters suggested, I persevered. At the time I felt I really couldn't do it. Finally after a few months of saving I earned enough money to help my mom move to my place.
What on earth could anyone say to make it all better? I am very humbled by your post.
Love; it is real and much stronger then hopelessness
I hope us humans learn someday.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
o gosh your one of my old friends here,o man im so sorry for you,and i thought i had it bad ): i wish you all the luck in the world and all the good stuff

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join