It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grieving mother fined £86 by crematorium for taking too long to say goodbye to dead baby boy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well here is an other fine example of the saying : Time = Money....

Grieving mother fined £86 by crematorium for taking too long to say goodbye to dead baby boy

Makes you think, doesn't it??

What would you have done......??

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Strikes me it was some little jobsworth who can't see outside the box of 'rules'. At least she got the money refunded, but it should never have happened. If, as is stated, the next service wasn't due to start for 50 minutes what harm did it do to overrun, in this and every other case? It's sad really because if people cannot be compassionate at a funeral then when can they? And when you are grieving, that sort of nonsense is something you can do without. The funeral charges themselves are completely exorbitant and you could buy a car for some of them..but thats's another topic entirely.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I am sorry but I get only one thought......

Sick heartless monsters....................

They should be run out of business, imo.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Maybe they should have put up a sign saying :

Saying goodbye to loved one - £8.60 pm/pd (per minute / per deceased)

That would have elucidated the whole thing and nobody would get surprises afterward.....

But what strikes me is that somebody determined that this woman stayed 10min. longer and took the effort of reporting this.....

business as usual, i guess

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

The funeral homes screw you in the cost of their morbid task...

The funeral homes screw you in the cost of their morbid equipment...

The funeral homes screw you in the cost of their time even when there is no conflict...

This is nothing new, because if they have a fee set up, it means it's only just happened again.

This is probably just the first person to bring it to anyone's attention other than other grieving family members.

I would kick the funeral directors butt for even contemplating that.

No if's, and's, or but's would stop me from kicking his or her butt either.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I dread to think how I may have responded to such insensitive treatment in such circumstances.

Unfortunately these pathetic little jobsworths seem endemic in UK administrative positions.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Just found out (courtesy of ATS) that it is not law to be embalmed!

Funeral home led us to believe it was the law that it had to be done. My grandfather was very against it, and my mother is still upset years later that she had to have it done to him!

Now I find out that they lied, and he had other options!

Little things like this are what is boiling the pot!!

It won't take a Nuke strike on DC to set this revolution in motion. It will take just one too many grieving mother or daughter!!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Unfortunately these pathetic little jobsworths seem endemic in UK administrative positions.

Unfortunately this does not seem to restrict to the UK. These bureaucratic morons are running rampant all over the freaking place....

".......An administrator in a bureaucratic world is a man who can feel big by merging his non-entity in an abstraction. A real person in touch with real things inspires terror in him."

Peace

new topics

top topics

join