It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont tread on Me - Flags

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Yea, it raised my eyebrows too... thats how come Iremembered it...
masons named this land... on the day of founding I believe.
because you go back before 1774 or so you see references too
New England, with New York and Boston at its core.

The Founding is one weird Conspiracy... its human but there is something else going on behind the scenes ... just like it is today...

[edit on 5-8-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
My history is a little fuzzy, but I am certain that a man named Martin Waldseemüller was the first to make a map with the New World called America. He made his map in the first decade of the 1500s. You can research "Universalis Cosmographia" for all the details. America technically refers to all the land comprising all of North, Central, and South America. Technically, I am a citizen of the United States of America. Mexicans, Canadians, Brazillians, Colombians, etc..., etc... are also technically Americans.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot

I believe if my memory serves me correctly that information is contained in...... susssssppppennnnsse .... The Secret Destiny of America

I call B.S. on that one. The first use of the word "America" was in "Cosmographiae Introductio" written in April 25, 1507. The authors, Martin Waldseemuller, a noted geographer, and Mathias Ringmann, quoted from the "Quatre Navigations d' Americ Vespuce," which were the travel journals of the explorer Amerigo Vespucci. They incorrectly attributed the discovery of the New World to Vespucci instead of Columbus and named the New World "America" which is a variation of the Italian name Amerigo.

Amerigo is the Italian variant of the Old German "Heinrich" which means "Home Ruler".

No snakes behind the name America.

However, I'm all for the Gadsen Flag even if the snake shown is representative of a whimsical farce of the Rampant Dragon that is used by the British Royalty.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I dont doubt it.. not one bit... but documents refer to America as New England from the british ruled period... I dont see America referenced now New England is everywhere referring to America... thats all I was saying... but after the War ... You dont see New England referenced as the land but as the Northeastern part of America... Ok...

Just watch the video... if you can its hard but this gentalmen is enlightend
the exact quote is on Part II at 47 min ... mark... thanks I hadnt seen this in years and wow... I forgot a lot... and you are correct... now check PERU'
AMERICU..

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

You've never heard of America being referenced as the "Land of Snakes" before because it is not referenced as the The Land of Snakes.

America means the country of America. That is what it means.

It was initially named after Amerigo Vespucci who hung out with Columbus, and was partially responsible for the discovery of the new world.

If you wonder then, what is the meaning of "Amerigo"...it means
industrious.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
At first the colonies were fragmented they had to join together to become one. Once that was accomplished then it became.
"Dont Tread on Me!"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9016624641e5.gif[/atsimg]

Join or Die

The original publication by the Gazette is the earliest known pictorial representation of colonial union produced by a British colonist in America.[2] It is a woodcut showing a snake severed into eighths, with each segment labeled with the initial of a British American colony or region.

US flags

[edit on 5-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Its in his reseach I didnt create it, and i dont think he did either... he is enlightend.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

America is used to refer to the United States of America. However, all of the New World is America.

I apologize for getting this thread so far off track. I idea about flying th Gadsen flag in the OP is a very good one.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I don't think you've gotten the thread offtrack. It's was mentioned in the OP, and it's just not, at least a readily used term to describe America or the Americas. Of course, that is subject to change. Unfortunately. I don't like it personally due to the implications and image it portrays.

Just sayin.

[edit on 8/5/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

America is used to refer to the United States of America. However, all of the New World is America.

I apologize for getting this thread so far off track. I idea about flying th Gadsen flag in the OP is a very good one.

I say we can pursue the off-track for a moment, because it is relavent.

What "America" means is relative to the time, the place, and the people!

AMERICA is a shining example for the world! It is the "City on a Hill" of Manifest Destiny! It is FREEDOM. It is PLENTY. It is Industrious, and Creative, and for 200 years it has been the envy of the World!

The Gadsden Flag is a terrific representation of the America that is loved by her People. It bypasses the tainted flag that has come to symbolize a corrupt government, and it can serve as a Uniter in a common Purpose to protect what America really means to us, and to the common people of the world!

I choose Ben Franklin's explanation for why a rattlesnake is the appropriate emblem (see pg 1). The people of this country choose to bide our time as long as possible, we keep our deadly weapons out of site, we give ample warnings of our presence, we never strike first, but when we are cornered we will strike with a deadly and tenacious blow, and we will not quit until we are victorious!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yes the new world AKA America means North, Central and South America around the world.

It only seems to be US citizens who call ourselves "American"

That's why we are called "The United States of America"

[edit on 5-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It was also the first flag we ever used Slayer , Semper Fi
.....................................................................................................................................
Line 2-

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So I guess I will just wallow in this. lol.

Yes, North America, South America, Latin America, Central America.

Nice little study in 8th grade world history.

We are the only ones of the above who refer to ourselves as "Americans".
Period. The others say "Latin American, South American", and so on.

If you are anywhere in the world and say you are from "America" it is assumed it the U.S. otherwise you would have explained it further as above.

The current day meaning of the word America is America. It has no other meaning. That was my only point.

It's interesting when you are making a point and somebody will zero in on an insignificant detail............ Just sayin.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
well I guess you didn't know I edited and added it to the above thread.
seemed appropriate...

The Secret Destiny of America... goes into great detail the Word America its meaning the Land of the Snakes... part II .... 47 minute mark..

enjoy because if you went one step further you would have seen it.. tisk tisk

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well what ever the meaning it does give me some relief, I have been getting several spamish emails recently with "Dont tread On Me" in the headline, I opened one a few weeks ago and closed it right away uninterested as it seemed like, well some Military type thing.

I thought that Dont Tread on Me was from the Army? If so I took it as a simple warning not to cross the lines of what should be said verses what needs to be said.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join