It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected U.S. drone kills Pakistan Taliban chief's wife

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Suspected U.S. drone kills Pakistan Taliban chief's wife

www.reuters.com

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - The wife of Pakistani Taliban chief Baitullah Mehsud was among three people killed on Wednesday in a missile strike by a suspected U.S. drone in the South Waziristan tribal region, relatives told Reuters.

According to a relative of the dead wife, Mehsud was not present when the missiles struck a house belonging to his father-in-law in Makeen, an almost inaccessible village in the heart of Mehsud lands on the Afghan border.

"Baitullah is safe and alive," Iqbal Mehsud, a cousin of the dead woman, told Reuters by telephone.

The United States has placed a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
While the military cannot find these guys the strategy seems to have shifted to one where everyone they ever knew will be killed.

I don't really see the point where these people have started a war that they don't even want to fight and the people who are dying are their family and friends.

I wonder if Islam taught them that this is the price of power. I cannot believe they accepted that offer.

www.reuters.com

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Often the "towel-ban" surround themselves with innocents knowing that when they are eliminated from terrorism, many innocents will go also.
(Now that’s sick, even for them, as well as ineffective.)

I suspect, intelligence said he was at the home when it was targeted.
(Bad intelligence???)

Of course, for all we know, he was really killed and this is a smoke screen to prevent the rest of their leaders from realizing they will all be killed.

"IF" and I mean if, only his wife in a home with no terrorist, no terrorist training camps/weapons/bombs manufacturing..........
Then it was wrong. (This assumes she was not a member of the terrorists, a reasonable assumption since she married a terrorist.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

If she cooked him a bowl of rice and served him a cup of tea, she is a terrorist. From what I've been led to believe concerning the Policy concerning terrorists. If she didn't do this, then she wasn't a very good wife and would be killed. from what I have been led to believe concerning Islam.

I suppose she was in between a rock and hard thing no matter what she did.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

If she cooked him a bowl of rice and served him a cup of tea, she is a terrorist.

Of course she is!!
She is guilty by association.. Don't treat them any different or feel any worse for them than any killers here!!

If you were the wife of a known terrorist/murderer/killer in the U.S but everyday you knew of this you kept your mouth shut and went upon your day as if nothing was wrong.. then, you are guilty.

Im sure the woman didn't have much choice, but it's the price you pay.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
People have become brainwashed t the point that they are defending murder simply because of labels. The military only needs to say Tabliban or Al Qaeda and people will defend the killing of innocents, even children. This is repugnant beyond belief. The tactics used to fight this undeclared war by the terrorist US military should be condemned by all people.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floating thru Reality
People have become brainwashed t the point that they are defending murder simply because of labels. The military only needs to say Tabliban or Al Qaeda and people will defend the killing of innocents, even children. This is repugnant beyond belief. The tactics used to fight this undeclared war by the terrorist US military should be condemned by all people.

You are very wrong in your assessment. Yes the US military has done unfortunate things and made many mistakes, but the taliban is a real organization and one that if given the opportunity would nuke a US city. You are right in that labels dont mean much taliban, al quada, al aqsa martyrs etc etc they are all terrorists and would give their first born to see US suffering.

The difference is that the US does have those weapons but we dont use them we try to be humane as possible but this is a war even though it is a non conventional war. There are so many civilian deaths because these islamic fundies purposley surround themselves with the civilians so that if they go they take many innocents with them as a PR strategy.

Now thats sick.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

Originally posted by Floating thru Reality

You are very wrong in your assessment. Yes the US military has done unfortunate things and made many mistakes, but the taliban is a real organization and one that if given the opportunity would nuke a US city. You are right in that labels dont mean much taliban, al quada, al aqsa martyrs etc etc they are all terrorists and would give their first born to see US suffering.

The difference is that the US does have those weapons but we dont use them we try to be humane as possible but this is a war even though it is a non conventional war. There are so many civilian deaths because these islamic fundies purposley surround themselves with the civilians so that if they go they take many innocents with them as a PR strategy.

Now thats sick.

Yes the US military has done unfortunate things and made many mistakes, but the taliban is a real organization and one that if given the opportunity would nuke a US city.

The only group that has ever used nuclear weapons on civilian cities is the US military. Now they are claiming that the Taliban wants to do what they themselves did, and yet you believe their words with no evidence. They use this excuse to continue to be the aggressor and kill innnocent people. This is evil and sick. People of conscience need to stand against this kind of evil and stop excusing it.

You are right in that labels dont mean much taliban, al quada, al aqsa martyrs etc etc they are all terrorists and would give their first born to see US suffering.

This is more conditioning restated with no evidence. TPTB said this over and over until everyone accepted it without any evidence to back it up. They are the enemies of humanity and every wordl they utter should be scrutinized.

The difference is that the US does have those weapons but we dont use them we try to be humane as possible but this is a war even though it is a non conventional war.

This is the exact opposite of reality. The USA is the only one in the history of the world to use nuclear weapons against civilians. Your claim that the USA is trying to minimize civilian casualties doesn't line of with the facts. The civilian deaths in the last two wars as a percentage of the total is higher than any war in history.

There are so many civilian deaths because these islamic fundies purposley surround themselves with the civilians so that if they go they take many innocents with them as a PR strategy.

The USA choses to attack them when they are at funerals, weddings, and in their homes with their families. To blame the innocent victims for this is reprehensible.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Floating thru Reality

Look what I know is this-

In the US we have the bill of rights and though they got trampled on by the last administration and so far to a lesser extent by this one it still is very largely intact.

In the US we have the opportunity to make of ourselves what we wish, where you can go from being a hamburger flipper to a restaurant owner, to learn what we want, and be with who we want.

In the US we are safe for the most part from shakedowns and lashings/whipings at the hands of our police (unless your black but thats a whole other thread) or how about stoning's for infidelity and much worse which I dont need to get into.

In the US we are not banned from drinking alcahol or socializing with oppisate sex

In the US we have much much more advanced medicine, technology and lifestyles.

People from all over the world come here for opportunities and freedom.

What can you say about the taliban or these others who you think to defend?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

They pulled it a while back with a Libyan by killing his family members. He surrendered soon later.

But this isn't Libya. This is Pakistan, where such acts are viewed differently.

It will only make more terrorists.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

While the military cannot find these guys the strategy seems to have shifted to one where everyone they ever knew will be killed.

I don't really see the point where these people have started a war that they don't even want to fight and the people who are dying are their family and friends.

I wonder if Islam taught them that this is the price of power. I cannot believe they accepted that offer.

www.reuters.com

Those that live by the sword, shall die by the sword (and the people they love too).

Seriously... if they want to oppress women, then having their wife killed should not be to big of a problem.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well....I guess she married the wrong guy. She is just as guilty as he is.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The Taliban would actually use the nuke if they got it. That is why we are trying to keep them from getting it.

When we used the nuke, we were the only one that had it and there wasn't that many. In todays world if someone uses the nuke then the country that is being attacked will use it and so on and so on until the world is either destroyed or crippled.

Differant times in weaponary. The kindergartner arguement of he did it first doesn't hold water.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Isn't amazing that the assets we used fighting Russia, whom were our allies, have become our enemies.

How does a Country such as the U.S. spend millions of dollars bringing in weapons into the area to train the Taliban, end up with these same folks as our arch enemy.

I know history seems to repeat itself, Castro in Cuba. An individual we assisted into power, whom then chased off the gambling efforts in Cuba, i.e. mob.

Noriega, whom was a claimed CIA asset and working with the Narco banking, and drug traffic operations. Some of which the U.S. might have had a hand in.

Ho Chi Min, in Vietnam. I believe he was educated in the U.S. and was also one of our assets for a while.

We had a similar situation in China during WW2. We assisted keeping China from Japan attacks.

Does anyone else see a pattern. If this is the case then any friend of the U.S., or installed Dictator could be our next major enemy, even if they only have our weapons, and live in dirt homes.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

This is rather ironic, since during the Presidential campaign, Obama condemned the Bush administration for "bombing women and children" from the air.He specifically addressed the drone missions. He said he would stop it.
Gee, what does he call this?

Here is what I call it-Obamaspeak.
Just one more lie he told America during the campaign. Pack it up with all the other mismatches of Obama's actions versus what he said during the campaign. He lies like a rug.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

Look what I know is this-

In the US we have the bill of rights and though they got trampled on by the last administration and so far to a lesser extent by this one it still is very largely intact.

The Bill of Rights has become eviscerated to the point that it's an almost meaningless document. There isn't an article that isn't under severe attack and the only thing that remains is the hollow shell of what was once a free and open society. The legal framework has been put into place to turn America into a technocratic slave state. The only thing needed for this to happen is an event that can be attributed to an external threat. Think 911 on a bigger scale.

In the US we have the opportunity to make of ourselves what we wish, where you can go from being a hamburger flipper to a restaurant owner, to learn what we want, and be with who we want.

This was true in the past but is no longer true for most people. Those graduating from college are finding less and less opportunity and the direction we are going in is the wrong one at an accelerating rate.

In the US we are safe for the most part from shakedowns and lashings/whipings at the hands of our police (unless your black but thats a whole other thread) or how about stoning's for infidelity and much worse which I dont need to get into.

In the US we are not banned from drinking alcahol or socializing with oppisate sex

You don't seem to be aware of the electrocutions and intimidations by tazer all over this country. You don't seem to be aware of the millions who have been imprisoned and suffer at the hands of psychopathic guards and violent fellow prisoners for nonviolent consenual crimes. Just because these things are true for you doesn't mean that is the experience of everyone else in this country.

In the US we have much much more advanced medicine, technology and lifestyles.

People from all over the world come here for opportunities and freedom.

What can you say about the taliban or these others who you think to defend?

This argument is dishonest. The USA isn't fighting the war in Afghanistan to free the people from oppression. These things were going on when we were funding and arming them during the seventies. Instead of calling them evil Taliban and bombing them we were calling them freedom fighters. Let's stop kidding ourselves about this and see reality for what it is instead of through the filter of western propaganda.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The Taliban need to man-up and stop hiding behind the skirts of their women.
The Taliban need to man-up and stop hiding behind their children as well.

(I hope I just insulted them a real good one!)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffesq

Isn't amazing that the assets we used fighting Russia, whom were our allies, have become our enemies.

This is called karma.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The Taliban need to man-up and stop hiding behind the skirts of their women.
The Taliban need to man-up and stop hiding behind their children as well.

(I hope I just insulted them a real good one!)

I will say the same thing about you when a country invades America and bombs you while you are at a wedding, funeral, or in you own home. Are you so heartless that you don't see that they and their families are being murdered in their own country? Where are these people supposed to go when they aren't trying to rid their country of the invader? Try to see them as human beings instead of an enemy that needs to be exterminated.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

This is called karma.

Actually, it's called "What goes around, comes around". The CIA pulls actions like this, and then can't understand why our enemies do the same thing. The stupidity of so-called "intelligence agencies" never ceases to amaze me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join