It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wants You To Turn In Your Friends, Nei...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Obama Wants You To Turn In Your Friends, Neighbor, etc...
www.whitehouse.gov...

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].

Hmm... I wonder what they have planned?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
sure, I will be more than happy to rat on the criminals... ha ha ...
just subscribe to some lobbying magazine and since you are not under oath to god... LIE... LIE... LIE....
make there data collection worthless, = oh, if you guys didnt know...
you had better locate about 50 people and keep regular contact with them.... when they come and they will... one by one... we need them to go after one... and get thousands... lets overload there plans as it were.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos
Obama Wants You To Turn In Your Friends, Neighbor, etc...
www.whitehouse.gov...

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].

Hmm... I wonder what they have planned?

I am quite surprised with this one to be honest.

Hypothetical scenario, if a politician were to introduce a policy that said citizens should recieve a tax increase but some citizens disagree with this. Isnt that what freedom of speech is about. Casual conversation?

This seems very gystapo'ish to me, if you dont agree its a lie and needs flagged?

Heck I am even quite worried about posting this even although I am not mentioning the topic much.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think this encouraged attitude of 'turn over on one-sided assumption' has been stirring around, poping it's head up hear-and-there ever since 2001.

With that being said, it is still unsettling (to say the least) to hear about things like this. Especially combined with calling protestors of the current government 'zealots', 'theorists' and 'nuts'.

...But again, change the years and the network (ie: Bush and Fox) and that same cheerleading was going on for the 'other side'.

God damnit.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I am guessing that the true intent of the story is to put people on notice that there is yet another mechanism for getting your "enemies" on a government watch list.

Even if "fishy" emails (ewg) aren't ever sent to the email addy, I bet people will be inclined to not talk about it at all, unless they are highly-visible personalities -- people who might be noticed if they were trifled with.

A positive by-product of this might be that people will be less likely to just parrot web and blog opinions and actually research the bill themselves.

I have, and I don't pretend to understand all the ramifications of it, but from what I THINK I read into it, there are several areas of the bill that seem adverse or just wrong to me.

I won't be talking about those things via an email though, just here.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Please continue this discussion in the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closing.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join