It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman opens fire in fitness center, 4 dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Gunman opens fire in fitness center, 4 dead

www.cnn.com

A gunman walked into an LA Fitness gym outside Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, turned off the lights and fired off 50 rounds, killing three women before killing himself Tuesday evening, police said.

The man didn't speak but was carrying a gym bag with a note inside it. At least 10 other people were injured in the barrage of bullets that sent people in the gym ducking for cover,

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This attack is yet another shoot out in US. There is no safety for common people like you and me

I dont think this was a terrorist attack, but the article says that the gunman was on a mission, it could be a terrorist attack

It reminds me of the Mumbai attack and this type of attack could happen anywhere in the world

We have to wait to see if the police identify this man and as to why he killed these people and killed himself

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
He was after his ex-girlfriend.

Yet more proof relationships should be banned.

How many more estranged spouses/lovers have to go nuts? Wont somebody think of the children?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I was watching this on the news last nite as soon as they started reporting it. I live close to this area too.

This is the second "National News" headline since the police shooting in pittsburgh when they called the kid a conspiracy theorist.

I fear that TPTB will generate more instances like this to further take away out rights as gun-owners.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I fear that TPTB will generate more instances like this to further take away out rights as gun-owners.

I think I see what you mean, you see a conspiracy here. But taking away the gun rights might help fuel a illegal trade in arms and that is even more dangerous to the society, hope the govt realizes that

I think one idea would be to make anyone who wants to buy a gun get a certificate from a doctor saying that this guy has no mental problems and is not under any kind of psychiatric medication

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I've been on other political forums and once again the liberals are froathing at the mouth about the NRA, rednecks, and trailer trash. Strange being there isn't any facts except he was a member of that gym.

Unfortunally if we're going to lable before facts, it's really starting to look like it was one of their own once again. The MSM is yet to ram any details about the shooter down our throats, which is a tall tail sign that this wasn't a "right wing" boogieman(or whatever hateful lable the left is using this week). If he was a Christian fundi you can bet the bank that it would be all over the morning national "news" lambasting the guy.

I'd also have to agree that these type of tragedies tend to convienently happen just when politics in DC start to get heated. Just yesterday this and Clinton in NK. Thats all that's been on the MSM. Where's the townhall meetings and reports of the widespread opposion on the healthcare "reform"?

RIP victims.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join