It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan and the deception of whitewashed tombs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
While surfing online, I stmbled upon this article that I found quite thought provoking.

Satan and the deception of whitewashed tombs
www.indymedia.org.uk... (World report link)

This is the site where I initially found the article.
www.ecomotion.org.uk...

Here is the entire lengthy article - first five postings including this one:

Satan and the deception of whitewashed tombs.

The bible tells people that there is deception in many churches.
In Matthew 23:27,28; Jesus says; "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.”

Unfortunately, the words in Matthew 23:27,28 are also applicable to many people in government, political, corporate, financial, economic health, education and social sectors of society. Some of these people possibly go to church.

The Lord says in Isaiah 29:13: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honour me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.”

In Jude 1:4 we read, “For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only sovereign and Lord.”

“I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. Even from your own number some will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.” Acts 20:29,30

“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;” 1 Timothy 4:1-2

It is apparent that many religious leaders and followers have chosen to deviate from the word of God in favour of what is acceptable to the multitude.

“But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.” 2 Peter 2:1-2

In Mathew 7:21-23, Jesus says, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only those who do the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!”

The bible also tells us that there should be no hierarchy among people who follow Jesus Christ. There is only one God and the only way to God is through Christ. Those who proclaim themselves to be religious leaders, such as the Pope, Archbishops, Bishops, Priests, Vicars, Rabbi’s, Imam’s etc, will be humbled.

Jesus says this of religious leaders in Matthew 23:8-12, "But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called 'teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Messiah. The greatest among you will be your servant. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” There is no human mediator between people and God. “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by GFCAX]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Millions of church-goers also worship idols. They worship images and statues of the Virgin Mary and various other saints; they honour relics and man-made objects of worship in churches. In many churches around the world you will see idols, pictures, statues and images of Christ, the Saints, and the Virgin Mary. All of these graven images, paintings, icons, representations, and crucifixes are idolatrous and are abominations to God. All those who justify the use of idolatry are guilty of iniquity.

The bible also tells us in 1 Corinthians 10:14-22; “Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf. Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar? Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons. Are we trying to arouse the Lord's jealousy? Are we stronger than he?”

We are also told in the bible that people cannot gain entry into the kingdom of heaven and have eternal life through their own good works. Many people who go to church don’t actually believe or have faith in Jesus Christ and have read little, if any of the bible. But by going to church regularly, and/or helping out at the church, and/or doing good work in the community, and/or giving to charity etc, many believe that these good works will be enough to gain entry into the Kingdom of Heaven and give them eternal life. This is a concept of Legalism, which can be thought of as a works-based religion. Legalism is alleged against any view that it is not faith in God's grace, but obedience to law, doing good works, and personal merit that are the pre-eminent principle of redemption. In Matthew 23, Jesus condemns the legalism of the Pharisees and Scribes because they loved the praises of men for what was seen as their strict adherence to the Ten Commandments and other religious rules and regulations.

Ephesians 2:8-10, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Through having faith in Jesus Christ, the good works that you are intended to do will be allocated to you by God. Faith is the keynote here —going it alone with God. Ephesians 2:8-10 is saying out with going through the motions, and in with self-sacrifice; out with pretence, self-manufactured morality and pandering to the group, and in with personal accountability to God. "Let the world, even the religious world, huddle together and try to imbue each other with the sparks of their own fires." Isaiah 50:11.

Some may not be aware that the old order of the church came to an end in 70 A.D., some 40 years after Jesus was crucified. This was because the splendour and magnificence of temples and churches had become more important to people than the worship of God. The religious hierarchy were also abusing their position and getting perks by allowing temples and churches to be used as places to buy and sell goods and collect taxes.The destruction of the temple in 70 A.D. brought in the new order of the living church and fulfilled the prophecies of Jesus Christ and Ezekiel.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The living church means that a church is not a building; a church is a group of people who have gathered in the name of Jesus Christ. A Church can be formed indoors or outdoors when two or more people meet to give thanks and praise to Jesus Christ.

Jesus says this in Matthew 18:20, “For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Also note that in Romans 16:1-5 Paul writes, “Greet also the church that meets at their house.” In this instance, the church being referred to is a group of people that meet in the name of Jesus Christ, at the home of Priscilla and Aquila.

In Luke 21:5-6, Jesus prophesised the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem which would bring to an end, not only the old order of Churches as buildings, but also an end to the priesthood who are referred to in the Gospel of Matthew as whitewashed tombs. “Some of his disciples were remarking about how the temple was adorned with beautiful stones and with gifts dedicated to God. But Jesus said, "As for what you see here, the time will come when not one stone will be left on another; every one of them will be thrown down."

This prophesy of Jesus Christ was fulfilled when the Roman army burned down Herod's Temple in Jerusalem. It happened on the 10th day of Loos in the Hebrew calendar (August 29th, 70 A.D.), the exact same day the Babylonians had burned down Solomon's temple 657 years earlier. The identical dates spoke loudly of divine correlation. The destruction of Herod's temple by Titus and Vespasian was foretold in detail by passages in the Book of Ezekiel. The correlating dates for both events coupled with Ezekiel's almost verbatim account of the loss of the second temple tie both destructions to the same prophecy.

The bible informs us that we are born of sin. Sin is within all people before they leave their mothers’ womb. This is because Adam and Eve sinned and all people on earth are descended of Adam and Eve. The penalty for sin is death, which is why humans die (Romans 6:23) and only by having sincere faith in Jesus Christ can a person be cleansed of their sin and have eternal life.

The bible also tells us that the purpose of the Ten Commandments were to bring people to have faith in Jesus Christ. In addition to providing a moral code for how people should govern their lives, the Ten Commandments are also to make people aware of their inadequacies and to show, how far removed their standards are from the high standards and righteousness of God.

God knows that no person can ever keep the Ten Commandments. In fact, everyone breaks commandments every year of their life, if they are willing to admit it. Once one commandment has been broken, all Ten Commandments have been broken because all of the commandments hinge on commandments one and two.

The following verses from Galatians 3:10-11 tell us, “All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.” Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because "the righteous will live by faith.”

In Galatians 3:21-28 we read, “Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe. Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. So the law was put in charge of us until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law. (contined on next post).

[edit on 5-8-2009 by GFCAX]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
(continued) So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

If the Ten Commandments are impossible for us to keep, why did God give them to us? If we look closely, we can see that the commandments are based on a simple, positive foundation of love. The Ten Commandments teach us how to first love God, and then love our neighbour (fellow human). When God is first in our lives, the rest comes naturally.

Jesus Christ explains the commandments in John 15:10-14 “If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command.”

In Matthew 19:16-22, we can read about Jesus, the rich man, the Ten Commandments and the Kingdom of heaven.
“Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"
Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."
"Which ones?" he inquired.
Jesus replied, “You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honour your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbour as yourself.'"
"All these I have kept," the young man said. "What do I still lack?"
Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.”

The rich man may have observed the ten commandments, but he hadn't obeyed them. The rich man coveted possessions such as money. Jesus Christ also gave the rich man the choice between his earthly possessions and God. The Rich man chose his possession which he loved more than God. And this broke the first of the Ten Commandments. His great wealth was on earth, but life on earth is short. Following and having faith in Christ would have given the rich man eternal life.

So what is the penalty for not adhering to the word of God and not having faith in Jesus Christ?

Jeremiah 1:11-16 tells us, “Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree. Then said the LORD unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it. And the word of the LORD came unto me the second time, saying, What seest thou? And I said, I see a seething pot; and the face thereof is toward the north. Then the LORD said unto me, Out of the north an evil shall break forth upon all the inhabitants of the land.”

“I am about to summon all the peoples of the northern kingdoms," declares the LORD. "Their kings will come and set up their thrones in the entrance of the gates of Jerusalem; they will come against all her surrounding walls and against all the towns of Judah. I will pronounce my judgments on my people because of their wickedness in forsaking me, in burning incense to other gods and in worshiping what their hands have made.”

“Be appalled at this, you heavens, and shudder with great horror," declares the LORD. "My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.” Jeremiah 2:12-13. God is the spring of living water and many churches are broken cisterns that cannot hold water.

“The wise will be put to shame; they will be dismayed and trapped. Since they have rejected the word of the LORD, what kind of wisdom do they have?” Jeremiah 8:9.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The bible tells us that at end time there will be four stages of the church. The only true church is Philadelphia, i.e. those people around the world who adhere to the word of God as revealed in the scriptures and who have genuine faith in Jesus Christ.

"To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.” Revelation 3:7-8.

The other three churches are:
a). Thyatira, Revelation 2:18-24 - The beginning of the Papacy.

b). Sardis; Revelation 3:1-4

c) Laodiceans, Revelation 3:14-19, - This is modern day where many churches are being formed that do not follow the true word of God and many church goers do not sincerely believe and have faith in Jesus Christ.

There is no mention in the bible of the church on earth after Revelation chapter three. The concept of the rapture of the church is referred to in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15:50-54, although the word rapture does not appear in the bible. The rapture of the true church is when all those people (living and dead) who Christ has chosen to save are taken into heaven to have eternal life. Revelation 21 also tells of the bride (those who have been saved) being reconciled with God.

In Revelation 19:11-21 we are told about the rider on the white horse, which is the ‘Second Coming’ of Christ, the judgement. We are told through scripture that his eyes will be like blazing fire (furious), his robe drips with blood, and that he will strike down the nations and deal with the beast and the false prophet who performed signs on behalf of the beast. The second coming of Christ is not about Christ going from place to place performing miracles and healing the sick. The second coming is about Christ slaying all those non-believers who did not have faith in Christ and who did not adhere to the word of God as revealed in the scriptures.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16

Further reading.

The Bible Letter Bible, King James Version (KJV) or New KJV recommended.

Always Be Ready

Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

[article by] Jacob Golgotha.

top topics

join