It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helping Others...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
"Don't only help yourself in life, but try to help those truly in need, because you never know when you'll need the same support."
- Rachel Protzman

Today's Meditation:

I don't know where I'll be in three years. I don't know if I'll be wealthy, if I'll be poor, if I'll be sick, if I'll be healthy, if I'll be dead, even. It's very easy to think that things are going to continue as they are indefinitely, that my current situation is going to be just the same or even better three years from now. And if I think that way, it's more difficult for me to sympathize and empathize with people who are going through very hard times, and it's more difficult for me to see that they may truly need my help.

There are many sayings that basically means "what goes around comes around." In other words, how we treat others comes back to us in similar treatment. If someone in need of help comes to me today and I reject that person, guess what's going to happen to me when I need help myself? Only I determine what I send out into the world, which means that only I determine what comes back to me in the long term.

I may not be needy now, but I have been. And it truly doesn't matter if no one helped me in my times of need; I can take that role model and reject it, knowing how beneficial it would have been to me to have been helped. So if someone comes to me in need, I just need to think about the times that I've been needy to know how they're feeling, and to know how good it felt (or would have felt) to have someone else help me, even in very small ways.

When I help others, I help everyone, myself included.
Perhaps especially myself, for I may be setting into motion something that may come back to help me days or weeks or years from now, in ways that I can't even imagine today.

"In helping others, we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us."
- Flora Edwards

naturalperson777

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Neo-V™]

join