It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Disclosure and Mass-recognised contact may never come!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

It's just the "as one" idea reminds me too much of a Borg culture -- all expressions of the individual are removed and a collective 'being' speaks for all. Yes, I know, Borg is just a sci-fi make-believe reference, but the concept is what I'm referring to. The idea that we merge into "one" just doesn't appeal to me.

Personally don't want that. I'd rather be unplugged, to use the sci-fi cliché. I'd like to be 'me' and be my own person. But I think this is off-topic now....

But I do completely understand the 'one' concept from a goal or social bettering, point of view.

And likewise, I certainly don't think any ET race would be interesting in enslaving us or eating us. I think those are just very primitive xenophobic anxieties and worries. I would hope that any race that has the ability to travel to and from the vast distances of space, would have mastered technology such that they don't need menial 'slaves' to do housework or mining
(again, let's hope!)

So, will disclosure come? I'm think it will. Maybe not in my lifetime, sadly. But I don't think the govts and TPTB can sit on the truth forever.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Whether you think its a 'Borg' culture or not is inconsequential. They may not know the meaning of this??!!
I know I have generalized within my OP; but I had no other way to approach it. Anything that we propose is at the moment 'Pie in the sky'- until we have something tangiable to work with.

I proposed that if a 'certain' Alien race ( I believe from the accounts that I've read, there are many), were to come - they would only be observing. this is because our species is pre-occupied with in-fighting.
A simplistic view, I agree. But how can we present as a whole, being so divided in so many ideals??

I don't think we should all be cyborgs etc (robotic); that was never my suggestion: I like individualism also.
Yet I am throwing it out there, that this may be a reason why we have not, and will not have total politically recognised disclosure now or anytime soon.
We are simply observed by ET's to see when we are ripe (maybe to keep tabs on when we are really ready)- by whatever standards? Who knows.
I am waiting, like you.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
We know where to look but we are not allowed in.
The Robert Oppenheimer Library basement at Los Alamos.
Imagine going in there and seeing all the unearthly devices and writings.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Hi TeslaandLyne,
please forgive my ignorance, but I've never heard of the R. Oppenhiemer Library!
Please tell me more.
I think any cache of undisclosed information on this subject would indeed be a bounty!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
How can you not assume that any alien race visiting this planet does not have a history of in fighting or war? I see from both points of view but any alien race may have evil intentions. But yes, they may also have good intentions.

Personally, I think if there were any with evil intentions it would have been made known by now (i.e. before our weapons advancement). I think most of it is observation, such as like us observing Lions, chimpanzees, etc...

To be honest though why would any alien race consider us stupid? Just because we don't have their advancement? Technology? We're still primitive beings when it comes to 'galactic' travel and the technology they may have, as we haven't advanced that far - which isn't deemed as stupidity in my book. The advancements we've made in the last 100 years compared to the last 1000 years is vast and amazing.

Just think. If there were no wars or secretiveness we could pull all our intelligent minds together and the possibilities would be endless in my opinion.

Finally, just wait until we're visiting primitive races and observing them.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Hi TeslaandLyne,
please forgive my ignorance, but I've never heard of the R. Oppenhiemer Library!
Please tell me more.
I think any cache of undisclosed information on this subject would indeed be a bounty!

Some think that Tesla met with ETs and thus why his name and works
are hidden from us as the UFO might also be his invention.
The Oppenheimer Library houses all the Tesla material taken in 1943
except for those given back to his countries museum.
The library was open under President Carter but is now closed even
to the highest security.

How many ways did Tesla generate electricity for cars and airships
(er UFOs) and are still intact and worked on for use.
Before 1912 Tesla may have tested a model and found it stable
in wind and storm. Thus his statement to that effect. See Tesla's
UFO in my signature, a pdf document link in my signature.
Thus what does that mean. The ether is more stable than the air.
Thus Tesla made an ether ship that many readers and researchers
of Tesla may consider the ship that is the UFO of today.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You don't even know yourselfs, how the hell could you know alien civilizations?

Some points you raise are completly wrong. On a superficial basis we look individualists and egocentrics. But that's far from true. We also have a feeling of being part of a group... It may be your family, city, country, continent or planet (if that cenario appeared).

All the time you hear people saying they are proud to be X. To feel that way we must have some wish to belong to a group and a common identity. For that point you can assume that you have a lot in common with the rest of that group...

...in the end, you can trace all of that into a species. If you invade a country, people from rival cities would get together and fight you with all they had. Believe me, if the "human race" issue would rise up, it wouldn't matter your religion, skin colour or social status.

Although human race is on a continuous fighting and war, we also wish to be together with those who we fight during the day. Besides that, when a bigger threat appears, the small ones become irrelevant. You have a lot of examples of that in the world history.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."...

IMO people need to stop underrating humanity. We can do amazing things if we put our minds to it, and that includes the holocaust and peace movements.

You claim that aliens are very wise, and spit on us because of "what we are"...

Well, what are we? Stupid? Ignorant? Primitive?

If they are that wise, you know what they would do? (I think this, and I'm not from an ultra-advanced alien civilization)

Understand us... Teach us... Enlight us... Anything that a wise entity would wish to do is to make things better for anyone, and that includes us.

When you are driving, and you see a dog on the road, bleeding and crying, provably you would take him to the vet, or even take care of him, etc etc.

This atitude comes from the stupid-ignorant-conflictuous-warlover-humans.

What do you think a wise and peacefull alien would do when they saw our species in danger?

Remember all those important humans that walked on this Earth. The smartest ones, the more enlighted ones..

Einstein and Ghandi, for example.

All those above average people were wise and give us advice to protect and help everyone, no matter what. Those guys were the closest thing you could get from an advanced and intelligent race, and they wanted peace, not war.

How come a far evolved race want that, or simply ignore us?

The more advanced you get, the more peacefull you get, because you don't need conflicts to solve things... You can talk, trade, etc..

Honestly, I don't believe they are agressive on any way.

Too many times we imagine aliens like projections of ourselfs. That's the main mistake.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

By the way, "Disclosure" from GOVERNMENTs depends on what happens to those GOVERNMENTs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join