It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark forces at work in the Crypto world: The "Lost Evidence".

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

That's great, thanks Raven. And my apologies. I completely missed your post earlier in the thread where you linked to the Strange Magazine.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

No worries.

You know, I really can't find ANY other references to different images of DeLoy's ape. As far as I can tell there's just one.

So that's odd.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Fascinating thread. Good reading.
Sort of related but not.
I had one of those Unexplained Mystery books or something like that
and in it, I saw this old picture from the 1940's of a ufo that looked just like the Phoenix Lights ufo and I have looked and looked and cannot find that picture. So that is how I am on topic. LOL
Plus I needed to post to have thread on MY ATS.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Haha, no problem. I'll look in the book that I have and see if I can find it.

But to be honest I don't know what the Phoenix Lights one would look like... so I will do my best.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I've experienced the general phenomena if you want to call it that where something I can clearly remember, can't be found any longer. Its like it totally disappeared off the face of the earth.

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Time Travel

Naturally when we approach the time travel theory we hit a barrage of paradoxes.

If a person stopped footage from becoming public by time travelling, then people simply won't remember the footage existing. You cannot remove something from a time-line and not remove the memory of it, right?

I think memories transcend time -- I believe our mind has access to the entire "movie reel" of our life and its permutations however our focus is always on what is being displayed on the movie screen at any given moment.

I think the implication of that is that the past can be altered to extent just like our futures can but that is a whole new topic isn't it?

In regards to this topic -- if someone has the technology to actually wipe the slate clean and somehow erase the physical evidence of these events, why would they even bother to do so? Is it really worth the time, trouble, and possible expense of keeping a 1800's photo of a bird off the net or the fuzzy photo of something that might be a big frog out of the hands of a couple of people? Too much work if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Thanks for your kind comments and interesting enquiry. I don't have the articles to hand right now, but I can tell you that they are all reproduced in full within the detailed Ameranthropoides loysi chapter in my recent book Extraordinary Animals Revisited (2007), so if you have access to that, this will provide you with all of the information that you need, as well as more recent info obtained since those articles were originally published in the 1990s. Hope this helps.

All the best,

Karl
Dr Karl Shuker

Well, Mr. Shuker emailed me back. To say I'm pleasantly surprised is an understatement. The man has earned an amount of respect from me that not many do. The fact he took the time to answer the question of just some regular joe, personally, is a testament to his down-to-earth-ness. Sure, you could say it's just a plug for his book, but if it has the info we need(and then some) so what?

Does anyone have this book and can find the necessary info? I plan on purchasing a copy, but thought maybe someone could beat me to the punch.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RoboKy

I don't have the book, but I may end up purchasing it in the next few months.

Very very cool that he emailed you back! Donald Johanson and Dorie Greenspan are two people who I've corresponded with in the past. I love when influential people email me back, it's a great feeling.

www.amazon.com...

Link, for those interested.

Also, it appears that the Wikipedia article on Ameranthropoides loysi uses Karl's book as a source.

[edit on 8/9/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Sometime ago I saw a satellite picture broadcast on bbc2 of a structure they found underneath the ice at the South Pole. So intrigued I was by the picture I searched for hours on the net. I even found the transcript of the programme but found no reference of the picture. Some people believed what I was seeing was part of the Atlantis tv promotion. But it was not, im sure of that, and the picture has never surfaced. I to posted a thread asking if any members had seen it back in 2004. did they find altlantis at the south pole?. Forgive me my little pop at Byrd i was quite green on ATS back then.

Also once when searching for more info on the worms of mars I realized I had a very interesting picture of the mars tubes, on the landscape surrounding the tubes you could see more of the worms scattered about the surface in colour!. I had studied this picture many times without realizing what I was looking at. When I did realize I searched my computer for all the pics I have of the mars tubes but could not find this one picture. I also searched the net for the picture which turned up lots of mars tube pictures but not this one. I was baffled, possibly it got deleted mistakenly I don’t know.

Glass Tubes on Mars, Martian Indigenous Life

One of the theory’s I had was that "they" could remotely delete from your computer the pictures "they" didn’t want you to have. But how? Maybe the pictures were encrypted in some way. But it was just theory. Serendipity is a funny thing cause after reading your thread I saw this in the news.

This website will self-destruct...

Not sure if it has any relevance but all the same very interesting. Could they have done this with pictures on the net?

Imagine this, sometime a serious crime was committed and the only piece of evidence they new that could solve the crime was a particular car. Not knowing what colour or year only the make and model they systematically buy every one in the country (assuming the crime was so important as I understand the financial implications). Again just theory although I had noticed the disappearance of a particular and very popular modern car in the uk. Ok the car was discontinued by the manufacturer but all the same its absence compared to similar makes and models did strike me as strange.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just on a side note the above edit was to insert "remotely delete” which strangely did not appear when i pasted it into the original post. Yet it was present in the note file and the word document on my computer. I hate having an edit in a post, more ats strangeness.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by kode]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Is this the Thunderbird nailed to barn pic?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
When i was younger i had this book...
Faeries

Here is the thing, not long ago i found a copy of this book again and immediately went to purchase it until i noticed something that made me put it back. The one i had when i was younger had roughly 6-8 pictures that the authors of the book had taken while doing research in Ireland that showed real faeries. The new one didn't.

It's hard to describe them all but i know they were black and white, and were very much the kind of pictures you would take for the cover/interior of a book with so much folklore from places like Ireland and Great Britain.

I haven't seen another copy of the book and a google search didn't bring up anything useful aside from a lot of the books illustrations.

Anyone else recall this or have the pictures?
edit on 11-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Was it perhaps the Cottingley Fairies - which is a known hoax.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
God no....the book itself is fascinating and legitimately worth whatever price you would pay to buy it. Filled with fantastic artwork, history and folklore.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Thorneblood
When i was younger i had this book...
Faeries

Here is the thing, not long ago i found a copy of this book again and immediately went to purchase it until i noticed something that made me put it back. The one i had when i was younger had roughly 6-8 pictures that the authors of the book had taken while doing research in Ireland that showed real faeries. The new one didn't.

It's hard to describe them all but i know they were black and white, and were very much the kind of pictures you would take for the cover/interior of a book with so much folklore from places like Ireland and Great Britain.

I haven't seen another copy of the book and a google search didn't bring up anything useful aside from a lot of the books illustrations.

Anyone else recall this or have the pictures?

My mother has that book! The old one, not a new edition--I remember it from when I was a kid. I dont know if she would still have it, but I can ask my sister to find out... in fact my sister might even have it since she took a whole heap of those books.

EDIT: Just emailed my sister asking for it--will scan the pics pages when I get it.
edit on 22-9-2013 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Hehehe

My sister has our copy of the book as well, i called her not long after i made this post and asked her to scan the pictures or send it to me.

Then i learned something that simply amazed me, and disappointed me at the same time.

The author's wife was quite skilled with puppetry, and when i say quite skilled i mean it. She made Yoda!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

You mean to say that Yoda isn't real?? That he's just a puppet

I should have looked at the post date before bumping the thread--I just read your post and thought "I know that book", clicked the link and yep.

I'll probably get an email tomorrow asking what sort of weird internet discussion I needed it for.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

If you can find em go ahead, i am not saying that the pics are fake but the fact that the wife of the author was skilled enough to make one of the most legendary characters of all time does put a damper on it

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
i am bumping/bookmarking this thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Gemwolf

S & F
Confabulation and False Memories

Seems plausible.

Although I have to admit. I think I saw the Lost Thunderbird one online a LOOOONG time ago back in the NETs early days.

These aint it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46eba15ac38c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0896836af68a.jpg[/atsimg]

Strangely, I remember (?) seeing the photo as well. Something I remember about it being of South American origin as well.

But maybe I'm just imagining it?!?!?

Funny thing memories, you can remember the most inane things but then forget about important things in a second.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

False memories is a very powerful thing and something scientists just have begun to understand. It's an interesting field.

A study was made where people were shown a fake Disneyland add featuring Bugs Bunny. Several people, after seeing this add, remembered seeing Bugs Bunny at Disneyland as children. several of them said they even shook his hand. The interesting thing is that Bugs Bunny isn't a Disney toon, and never were in either Disneyland, or in any add for the place at all. Yet it was this simple to plant false memories in their heads.

People can alter their own memories very easily. It's the same thing with the famous fake New York city tornado picture. Even the newspapers ran it. The image itself is completely fake, but still people insist of having real memories of it happening.

Altering the human mind can be very easy, and often people just do it to themselves.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join