It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark forces at work in the Crypto world: The "Lost Evidence".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Look up a few posts. Is is the same thing that I typed out? That's what was in my book, sounds like the same thing.

No picture on page 45 either?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

Look up a few posts. Is is the same thing that I typed out? That's what was in my book, sounds like the same thing.

No picture on page 45 either?

LOL...I guess I should read more thoroughly. I was just looking through my box of old books. I guess my parents must have been members of the reader's digest book club, because I seem to have a bunch of their books. Some interesting books to say the least...I forgot I had these and haven't looked at them in 25 years. Time to go back and peruse them for sure!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If you have one specific for "Mythical Beasts" or something like that, please check it out for us and see if the picture is in there.
You never know.
But your book was the same as mine, with no picture? And the thing about Frogs and Coal on page 45?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

If you have one specific for "Mythical Beasts" or something like that, please check it out for us and see if the picture is in there.
You never know.
But your book was the same as mine, with no picture? And the thing about Frogs and Coal on page 45?

Exact same book....frogs and coal, yes... No picture
I'll check on the "Mythical Beasts"...I remember it, but my brother may have that book (we split the books)...but he only lives a few miles away, so I will ask him (as well as check mine).

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Thank you SO much!
Chances of finding the picture are very low, I guess, but if you have the time to check, that's just awesome of you.

Yeah I figure I might as well check out the book fair. Who knows, I'm sure no one else around here is actively looking for the photo, and maybe someone decided to give away some old books.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Very intriguing thread... I must say.

Fight Club's author Chuck Palahniuk wrote a book that deals with time paradoxes. It's called Rant.

I actually just finished it a couple days back. Really good book, should be a movie if you ask me. A little intense for those that have a tighter comfort zone, though.

Check it out.

Rant

Picture time travel as nothing more than knocking your half-read book to the floor and losing your place. You pick up the book and open the pages to a scene too early or late, but never exactly where you’d been reading.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

No book entitled mythical Creatures, BUT I have a book entitled Strange Stories, Amazing Facts, which has a chapter "Legendary Lands and Beasts"

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I have that one. Already checked it

No luck for me. But you check, too, you may have a different edition.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The Pterodactyl pics are from an old Fox TV show called Freaky Links.
Look at the bottom of the page here:
www.lorencoleman.com...

BUT I swear I remember seeing the "unfindable" thunderbird pic too!
I could have sworn it was in one of my brothers old "Argosy" magazines.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sabreblade

manybooks.net...

Like that? I mean.. I doubt it's right there, but still.

It's been around for 96 years. You wouldn't happen to remember the date of the issue, do you?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yea, I remember Freaky Links and the Lone Gunmen. They where supposed to be the replacements for the X files but the studio higher echelon didn't let them go past one season. Heck I remember when the X files first started, there ratings sucked also. It took a second season for them to get a good following. Anyway I think people are trying to find Cryptids or creatures from millions of years, but they are few in number. Some don't want them found because of what their finding would say. Let say that they found a Giant Arachnid (they where around back at least 2 million years ago, and when I mean giant 5 feet wide) or a Plesosaur or whatever. It would play havoc to the 6,000 year old planet earth crowd. Because it would point to a biosphere that was lost some millions of years ago before the advent of humans. Hell some people still can't get it through their heads that that megafauna "died off" just 10,000 years ago. And I still can't believe that it was all human related because it seem to happen all over the planet.

We want our society to believe that their are no monster except the ones we say are monsters. I don't know if any of you saw this but a few months ago on the websites and you may be able to find it on youtube, they had remote video about a 1/2 mile down of a giant squid. The camera was down there to check on damaged cables or something and it's camera spotted the squid hanging upside down with its arms slowly going by (just as scientists theorized large squids did in the deep, waiting for something to get close and then attack). Who knows what else we will find, but as humans keep encroaching into areas, we may be in for a shock that scientists couldn't have never imagined seen coming.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I drive a Thunderbird.
Does that count for anything, you can study my car all you want.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

i remember something similar i seen not too long ago on discovery channel/nat geo/history...one of those channels cause its all i watch, could have even been a monster quest, but in the episode was the story about the guy flying the sesna and seeing the huge bird, and im pretty sure it was Alaska as well.

oooh and i really like that theory about time travel, they may be able to go back and remove something from happening but how would that erase peoples memories??? very interesting!!!!

SnF

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wow now i know what lost is about,you've even got the hurley bird in there,
Don't forget the polar bear

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
**DOUBLE POST FOR SOME REASON, SEE BELOW**

[edit on 5-8-2009 by [davinci]]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think that many maybe close to the truth about why these images have disappeared. I don't believe that it is a conspiracy to hide the evidence of a particular story, I would say that it is more a general desire to hide anything that raises questions outside of the norm. I have always been fascinated by these standouts and have been following the alternative history advocates for years. The one thing that always stands out is coverups.

The most recent is the staggeringly ancient forest in Austrailia. Several years ago a hiker discovered in the remote outback that there was a Jurassic "forest" still happily growing in near total isolation.

findarticles.com...

I mention this story not because there is a coverup (yet) but because the information is extremely limited. I first heard of this when the discovery was made, then nothing for years. When it popped up again in the last couple of years it was only to say that the Aussie government had passed a law preventing the release of the location, then it disappeared again.

In the link there is a description of the tree, admission of leaves being brought back for study, even a disciption of a sprouted seed (implying that there has been subsequent trips for collection).

No pics though...and I have tried.

This discovery, as mentioned in the posted link as well, raises the natural question of what else is there still undiscovered? To go a step further, if a small forest can survive for millions of years past it's expiration date, then how much do we really know about our world?

The second question, in my opinion, is the reason why information on these types of stories disappears. If all this info was allowed to accumilate then after a century or two there would so much of it out there that people would start to seriously question what is going on. Deletion means that it lives on only the memories of a few wingnuts who can never prove the things they remember.

The last thing anyone in power wants is questions, mysteries are fine: they can polarize a mystery. Questions demand answers and the longer the answer is withheld the more forceful the questions become.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by [davinci]]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Great thread. In "The Encyclopedia of Cryptozoology"(which I own), there is a entry discussing de Loy's Ape and part of the article discusses a few cryptozoologists in the 50's or 60's(have to find the article, cant remember it exactly) remembering seeing another photo of it that was more conclusive in a "...book with a red cover". It was a shot from a different angle and showed that the ape's physiology was of no known species.

Once again we have a group of people fairly certain that there was such a book/photo, but no one can seem to find it anymore.

On a lighter note, this discussion reminds me of the table top RPG Changeling: The Dreaming(of the White Wolf fame). In it, they say that all of the most famous cryptids(and some lesser known ones) are all shapeshifting Fae(read: Fairy) that can alter their form at will and can actually remove memories of themselves from people who see them. Makes you wonder....lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RoboKy

That wouldn't happen to be this picture, right?

www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/570120a70bd9.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 8/5/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

No, that's the original photo, of course. Found the entry.

...a black and white photo of the animal(looking a lot like a big spider monkey), dead, propped between two native males who were standing. They appeared to be adult but possibly of short stature; I recall no scale in the picture or reference in the text to the height of the humans. It was a chapter specifically dealing with this animal, in a book about unusual animal discoveries. I seem to recall it being hardbound with a dark cover, and not a large or thick book. It was small, the size perhaps of an average journal today. I recall neither the title nor the author of the book. I really am usually much more oranized about references than this, and feel embarassed that I did not keep better track of this reference and a copy. I can visualize the picture quite clearly, however, and there were two males on either side of the dead monkey.

This is Susan Ford, US Anthropology professor, discussing the supposed second photo with Karl Shuker in 1997 while he was researching the history of this story. It states in the entry that he had two additional sources that also remembered a second photo, but nothing more about these sources are mentioned. Have to do some more digging.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RoboKy

Okay. I will keep my eyes out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join