It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 21st - 700 Deaths, August 4th - 1,154 Deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Total number of world wide swine flu deaths

Big jump in the last few weeks I'd say

Cannot imagine Flu season.

Also could this just be an inflated number to encourage us to get the Swine Flu shot?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I would imagine this figure isn't the true figure, but which way to go on the actual figure is anyone's guess. Have they mis-attributed some deaths to the flu, or have the missed some out completely?

Either way, the actual fatality rate out of infected is bloody small. It's not worth getting your knickers in a twist over.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Very odd that jump in deaths. I mean they did STOP testing people several weeks ago! If they have stopped testing how can they know for sure who has died from it? It must be a form of estimation, they have been throwing that one around a bit; all over the place to be frank.
You can't truly know who has died from it if you aren't testing people folk's it is that simple.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

they test after death to see which flu they had.

The reason the numbers have increased is because they stopped testing people, because they arn't closing schools as they did to begin with as well as the local agricultural shows bringing large numbers of people together at this time of year gives the flu more chance to spread.
Initially it wasn't all that fatal so people become somewhat complacent and questioned why all the restrictions because of a somewhat mild form of flu.
Well now the flu is picking up momentum and will be hitting the northern hemisphere hard this flu season.

anyone who is succeptable will probably be beating down the door to get a vaccine, because currently people are still unsure whether or not to get the shot, but after the death toll starts to rise, people will want protection.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Considering that in the world, 6,390 people die every hour, this is still less than a tiny blip in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure we'll see an increase in mortality as flu seasons gets into full swing later on, but I don't think it's a serious threat still. Biggest concern is still some mutation which make it take a turn for the worse. That's my only real worry at this point.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Exactly. If this is a global figure, its nothing. Why is the governments around the world making sure that every citizen is injected with this vaccine?

Originally posted by munkey66
anyone who is succeptable will probably be beating down the door to get a vaccine, because currently people are still unsure whether or not to get the shot, but after the death toll starts to rise, people will want protection.

Funny, protection is why im not going to take this vaccine. I dont trust it.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Since number of infected spread exponentially - as in any epidemics, there is no reason to expect linear rise in death. There would be sadly a lot more dead all around the globe from this flu. Just as from any other flu by the way. Maybe a little more.
This is not major killer. Just major panic spreader.

new topics

top topics

join