It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only ONE unpardonable sin in the Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Locoman described it very well.

But I will take it one step further. With the the exception of when Christ was on the earth no non-christian is even capable of committing this sin. So this excludes billions.

And although it is for another thread there are many false Christians, they too are unable to commit this sin. I know that may sound strange but it is a fact.

It is reserved for a very special group of people, those that have come too the highest level of accurate knowledge of truth that was and is available on the earth during the time period that they lived in through the Holy Spirit itself.
Since this varies through history so would their knowledge.
They would then be baptized as an adult, or mature teenager.

Then not from human weakness but out of spite, anger and greed they not only reject this truth, they make a conscience decision to work against it, thus they become opponents of God's Holy Spirit blaspheming it. It is commonly know as Apostasy.

Satan was and still is the first Apostate.

Very few humans have been tagged with this sin, but obviously some have, some even know they have, and they are extremely bitter because of it, they are painfully aware now that their destiny is eternal death.
(Not Hell)
Hell is a Conspircacy Theory- Proved False, From The Bible (ATS)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I used to believe this section of Scripture was referring to suicide. I had to examine and change my ideals after a while. Me being close to the brink made me grow and hopefully understand a bit more.

I now believe that "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" is to waste one's life, to float along as a leaf on the stream, uncaring, unengaged, willfully doing nothing.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Many people believe that suicide is an unforgiveable sin because you are committing an act of murder which is against the Ten Commandments, and since the suspect and victim are the same, they can't ask for forgiveness but this is a false teaching. When you die, you are wiped clean of your sins (unless it's the sin against the Holy Spirit).

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You have to be in the "know" to be held accountable. The Holy Spirit had yet to be given, when Jesus was hung on the cross, so He asked the Father to forgive His killers because they didn't know what they were doing.

The same principle applies here for anyone whom God hasn't revealed himself to, through his Holy Spirit. In the eyes of God you are spiritually blind & deaf, spiritually asleep, knowing nothing, and lacking everything. Basically ignorant, which makes you not guilty. People in the know will be judged much harsher than you because much has been given and entrusted to them, so much more is expected.

God's Holy Spirit is sacred. It's the connecting force between the two realms (physical & spiritual) and it is the life force itself. The same Spirit that moved upon the waters at the beginning of creation, moves inside the believer - awakening the spirit with the gift of living water.

Anyone can know these truths if they would just open their minds and hearts to it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Suicide is a result of profound emotional and metal anguish, that reflects the sinful nature of our fallen state. If murder can be forgiven by God self-murder can also be too.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well I think we all need to be careful when interpreting the scriptures. In some extracts the Holy Spirit is Holy Ghost. So blaspheme the Holy Ghost and your in the unforgiven section.

The earliest book is the Gospel of Q and Book of Thomas. All of the other books were written after that.

There is plenty of information out there based from the analysis of the scriptures...seek and you shall find.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join