It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I've been turned off from Liberalism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I used to be a radical, far-left person. I supported the ALF, population control (though not through genocide, only through one-child policies etc), looked down on people for being conservative, etc.

For the most part, I was a liberal because of the environmental crisis (which I still think is THE #1 issue, equal perhaps with nuclear war and the NWO) and also because of social injustice and turn-off from the sheer vengefulness of the conservative parties.

Today, I don't fall anywhere on the left-right spectrum (not even in the middle, i'm off the plane). IMO, it's a phony spectrum, invented by the New World Order to divide people into two different camps. Divide and conquer basically.

But anyway, the reason I've been turned off from the Left are for one thing, because the Left is far more likely to support the New World Order and their population reduction genocide than the Right is, because the Left has become so propagandized to be misanthropic.

Also, the Left preaches equality, yet clearly seems to believe that people of European descent, Christians, people with money and males are inferior to people of "color" (meaning everyone except people of European descent), atheists, Muslims, the poor and women. If they were really for equality, they would simply empower these groups not only to be equal, but to forgive the past. Instead, the liberal elite (which ironically, is mostly white, rich men) encourages "oppressed" groups to stay poor and on the dole and want revenge on their "oppressor" groups.

Lastly, now that Obama is in power, I've seen the Left become as arrogant and pro-government as the Right were when Bush was in power, merely because they go their way.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Yeah man, I know where you're coming from. I have always been distraught at the thought of corporate oppression and social injustice. That hasn't changed. I started to see what a fraud the whole spectrum is, and how they're really the same. Yes, elites, no matter which brand they claim to be, hate true equality, and hate the masses of people, black or white. They actually believe they are superior and anyone that doesn't agree with them is intellectually inferior or even insane. These hypocrites don't believe in the first amendment. They are all arrogant when they get in power. The other side always demonizes the incumbent to keep up theatrical appearances, when in reality they are secretly good friends with each other. They really are corrupt.

The only spectrum that is real is tyranny vs. liberty.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Lastly, now that Obama is in power, I've seen the Left become as arrogant and pro-government as the Right were when Bush was in power, merely because they go their way.
[edit on 5-8-2009 by Donnie Darko]

That's what I agree with most. I too used to be far left. But the alternative isn't the Republicans either. They're as much corporate clowns as the Dems. I just like the Constitution. I have no faith in this corrupt 2-party system we have.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Once upon a time Liberalism meant individual liberty was a political goal. This included limiting government power amongst other things. Sadly, this is no longer the case, and being a "liberal" in most cases equates entirely the opposite.

I am a liberal in so far as that I believe in equal worth and freedom of speech and expression. I believe for instance that individual belief is as important as a collective belief. On this basis I tend to disagree on subjects such as the inclusion of the Church in politics with some of my fellows.

I have abandoned the terminology, but in theory I am still very close to being a liberal. In practice liberalism seems be a gray area.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Oscitate]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This is what happens to any rational mind when it compares the simple realities of Freedom vs Slavery, or Truth vs Lies.

You my friend have unchained yourself from mental slavery.

You are no longer trapped in the Matrix.

Major grats though. When you see through the lies of the establishment and their selfish goals, you are seeing reality as it truly is.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

When you see through the lies of the establishment and their selfish goals, you are seeing reality as it truly is.

Which is so much more disgustingly oppressive than you were led to believe. It is difficult (I would say impossible, but it I don't want to speak in absolutes) to believe in anything anymore.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

But isn't believing in nothing a paradox?

Nothing is a something, otherwise we would have no word for it.

So even if you believe in nothing, you still believe in something!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oscitate
Once upon a time Liberalism meant individual liberty was a political goal. This included limiting government power amongst other things. Sadly, this is no longer the case, and being a "liberal" in most cases equates entirely the opposite.

I am a liberal in so far as that I believe in equal worth and freedom of speech and expression. I believe for instance that individual belief is as important as a collective belief. On this basis I tend to disagree on subjects such as the inclusion of the Church in politics with some of my fellows.

I have abandoned the terminology, but in theory I am still very close to being a liberal. In practice liberalism seems be a gray area.

Yes, I find individualism to be just as important as collectivism. However I find today's society ridiculously individualistic, to the point that not only is it random and chaotic, but that Individualism has become a collective trend in itself. Look at goths: all "individual" in the exact same way.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Good.

Ideology is a set of blinders we adopt to avoid seeing things as they really are.

Don't identify yourself as a "conservative" or a "liberal", once you make a dogma a part of your identity, you get trapped into responding to issues based on ideology and not on principle or pragmatism.

I get lambasted as a "lefty" in foreign and economic policy debates, as a "rightwinger" in gun control & nuclear power discussions.

As far as I am concerned that must mean I am doing something right, as I am approaching issues on an individual basis, not an ideological one.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oscitate

Yes, what you said.

Perhaps someone older than I can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall the US being so divided as we are post 9-11. Certainly there have always been sides, but I remember it more as various shades of gray.

Realizing that things continue to change and shift, I seem to be going along for the ride, changing opinions and beliefs as issues arise and situations shift and change.

top topics

join