It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cast Out of Heaven

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

I was reading your post and when you said has yet to be verified...I thought I guess they don't know about the dead sea scrolls...altho I do not personally believe everything they say these scrolls contain, I do believe that it confirmed that the King James version(which coincidentally is the most hated) is the most authentic as according to bible scholars of many faiths, the King James version is the closest in English to the original writings...In case you don't remember the bible was written in Hebrew(aramaic) Greek and Latin...of course there will be confusion on how to interpret the language but the message stays the same..Please also keep this in mind...If the message is changed, there is some kind of agenda behind that change

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

God threw us out of eden for one reason, he did not want us to live forever...That's it...

He didn't throw us out because we had more knowledge then what he wanted us to have...this is a argument that noone will/ can/ should or even attempt to win because noone can win and noone can lose...it is a waste of time

He threw us out of Eden for the same reason he threw Lucipher out of Heaven...There is room for one God only...if you choose not to serve you will be punished....

That is the way of life...serve or be punished...

We all answer to someone, some more then others...think about that for a long time...see if I am wrong

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stephen3267
reply to post by fatdad

God threw us out of eden for one reason, he did not want us to live forever...That's it...

He didn't throw us out because we had more knowledge then what he wanted us to have...this is a argument that noone will/ can/ should or even attempt to win because noone can win and noone can lose...it is a waste of time

He threw us out of Eden for the same reason he threw Lucipher out of Heaven...There is room for one God only...if you choose not to serve you will be punished....

That is the way of life...serve or be punished...

We all answer to someone, some more then others...think about that for a long time...see if I am wrong

Im not afraid to say that i think you are wrong, in fact i even think i can prove it...

First of all i should point out that i believe the bible to be METAPHOR and not LITERAL, but either way if you actually read it the book does state that we ate from the tree of knowledge (from my own point of view this means we REALIZED ) and the only thing separating us from God was TIME or the tree of eternal life..

Ultimately i can discredit your argument by using its own logic , for instance when you say 'everyone must serve or be punished' surely by not serving you are punishing your master , if that is the case this means your master has now become your servant...

In closing i think the dynamic of Master- Servant is seriously misunderstood, it is simply cause and effect personified.. You wouldn't say weight is a servant to gravity.. yet gravity causes weight..

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

When I said serve or be punished I meant that if you choose not to follow the ways of God, he will punish you, by serving him, you are following him and no need to be punished...Noone punishes the good deeds we do only the bad ones

Personally I take the bible quite literally except for the times when it says "I saw as it were" or other descriptions such as the one I said...In those instances I take the bible metaphorically...this is not usually the case..

I will also point out that in no way does the bible say in the Genesis creation story that the tree of knowledge or the tree of life are not literal trees...I do believe they were literal trees that before we fell could see n touch with our hands and eyes...

When we chose to eat from the tree of knowledge we were telling God that we did not want to follow him and instead, decided to become gods ourselves.. Just like Lucipher did not want to serve and worship God..Instead he wanted to have God serve and worship him....

So like Lucipher before us, we were cast out of the garden of Eden as he was cast out of Heaven...

If I am right...then we deserved to get kicked out and so did he

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join