It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was a UA 757 even witnessed flying around Shanks?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Are there any Shanks witnesses that specifically say:

- they saw a 7X7 plane (i.e. 757, 767, 737, etc)
- they saw a large plane with United Airlines colors

What actual evidence is there that a United Boeing 757 was witnessed flying in the air?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I take it no one witnessed a UA 757 flying around Shanks? Odd.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

Why is that "odd"? And why do you imply that the plane was "flying around"? Doing loops? Barnstorming?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Well we are being told a large UA 757 was flying low through the skies of Shanksville, so you'd think SOMEONE would have described seeing a 7X7 plane with UA colors.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911
reply to post by hooper

Well we are being told a large UA 757 was flying low through the skies of Shanksville, so you'd think SOMEONE would have described seeing a 7X7 plane with UA colors.

Again, why? Not like they were flying over Boston or Philadelphia or something. The area you are describing isn't exactly heavily populated and exactly how long were they flying so low that someone would have noticed and been able to visually ascertain the color scheme as well as identify it as property of one airline or another.

Ironically, you find it hard to believe that one passenger jet flying over rural Pennsylvania would have many witnesses but I am willing to bet that you believe that dozens of agents could sneak into the World Trade Center and plant tons of explosives without anybody tunring their heads.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Hard to believe a large 757 can flyby so many without even one person being able to recognize at least the logo colors!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I dont know, maybe you should go interview the guy that was flying his Cessna and had to take action to avoid colliding with Flight 93 that day.

www.thepittsburghchannel.com...

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Swampfox46_1999]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted by ATH911
Are there any Shanks witnesses that specifically say:

- they saw a 7X7 plane (i.e. 757, 767, 737, etc)
- they saw a large plane with United Airlines colors

What actual evidence is there that a United Boeing 757 was witnessed flying in the air?

Well actually I think somebody did claim they saw it. But that was later several minutes after the official crash time of 10:03:11, and it was heading southeast over Indian Lake.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23a785f59412.jpg[/atsimg]

Gee I think that is when its transponder was reported turned on at 8,200 feet altitude and 11 miles southeast of the official crash site at the mining strip with the teensey hole in the ground. Yep; down there past that secondary debris pile eight miles away.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
There were 1 or 2 people that 'witnessed' the "plane". None of these witnesses ever described it as a commercial airliner.

The small crater that was allegedly found to be from flight 93 does not conform with physics.

It has been proven countless of times on this forum aswell as every other forum that a boeing 757 did not crash in Shanksville on 911.

Yes of course there are reports that one did, and there are also people who say one did but I ask you this. When you watch a movie is it real? When someone lies to you are they telling the truth?

[edit on 8-8-2009 by CaptainAmerica2012]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainAmerica2012

Wright was flying a Piper Arrow when he spotted a jet crossing behind him -- about three miles away. It was close enough for him and his photographer to see the United Airlines colors.

Lets see jet with United Airline colors.....

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Interesting article, and eyewitnesses' accounts.

Typical, though, of news reporters, getting the picture of a 'single-engine Piper' wrong. What I mean is, the IS a single-engine Piper, but not the one in the article, he claims he was flying an Arrow. The 'stock photo' they found to accompany the article appears to be a Piper Cherokee Six. The Arrow has retractable landing gear. The airplane in photo has wheel pants.

Is this an example of how sloppy reporting can leave incorrect impressions in people's minds, when it involves highly technical subjects?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by CaptainAmerica2012

Wright was flying a Piper Arrow when he spotted a jet crossing behind him -- about three miles away. It was close enough for him and his photographer to see the United Airlines colors.

Lets see jet with United Airline colors.....

I am sure there are many craft with those colours like Exec air which was seen in the area and I am positive there are many america airline crafts inflight in one time. Not really any evidence of anything.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There was a video interview with a lady that lived on the road that ran past the small crater site, about a 1/2 mile away, who described that she saw what looked like a UAV flying toward the crash site just before the noise and smoke...she was certain that she did not see or hear a united airlines jet...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainAmerica2012

I am sure there are many craft with those colours like Exec air which was seen in the area and I am positive there are many america airline crafts inflight in one time. Not really any evidence of anything.

I have to take issue with that statement, unless you find photographs to support it, you're blowing smoke there.

AND, if you're "positive" about other passenger jets down below 10,000 feet in the same vicinity as the two guys in the Piper, could you explain why? With no major airports nearby....

Oh, and BTW: The UAL scheme on flight UA93 is unlike any other USA airline's. Blue, orange and red stripes on the fuselage, red and blue 'UA' logo on the vertical fin. That airplane had not yet been repainted with the newer mostly darkblue/gray livery, as seen on UA175.***

EDIT: *** See my amendment, below please. The above is in error.

[edit on 8 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thats interesting WW, I had never heard that f93 had the old UA paint scheme. I'd say that would of made it highly identifiable, it was such a bright and beautiful paint scheme. Never did like the blue and gray much.

Flying so low those last few minutes and so fast(loud) you would think that everyone in that area would have ran outside to see what was going on.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillresearchn911

Putting an edit here: ***

I re-looked at the debris from Shanksville, instead of trusting my memory. What threw me was the red/orange stripes were still used in the newer paint scheme, in between the gray and dark blue, though they were narrower than the old. 'Airliners' site showed pics of the accident airplane as it was being delivered fromt he factory, 1996, and it had the "new" (at that time) scheme, NOT the older one, so I was wrong.

AS TO the CEO thing, I think it was Stephen Wolf, formerly of United, who liked the gray/blue scheme, and he left there, went to USAirways, did the similar scheme, then US merged with America West (HP) and Wolf was out, Doug Parker stayed with the combined company. THEY are changing scheme, too!!!

---------------
Original post, unchanged. Note clarification above.

Well, maybe. It is not a densely populated area. AND, sure there's a red and orange stripe (you can go to Airliners on the web, to see examples) but you's only see them from the side, and they aren't that wide. From below, it'll look pretty monochrome.

In the UA93 debris photos you see hints of the color.

Ya know, UAL changed its paint scheme just about the same time every new CEO came into power. We used to laugh at them (management). The orange/red/blue lasted for a long time. They went to the Dark blue/gray, but that CEO has now left (he's currently at USAir, forget his name. BUT, guess what? He gets to USAir, changes the paint scheme!! To----drumroll---gray/dark blue. Almost the flip of United's! With slight variations. Can't make this kind of stuff up....)

Anyway, UAL has another new scheme they're rolling out.

AND, they don't paint all at once, when schemes change. It's too expensive -- they wait for a time when the old paint looks bad enough, faded, ratty...THEN they paint, usually at a heavy maintenance interval too....

[edit on 8 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
I dont know, maybe you should go interview the guy that was flying his Cessna and had to take action to avoid colliding with Flight 93 that day.

www.thepittsburghchannel.com...

I must of missed it, but where does it say this guy recognized what type of plane it was?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

An excerpt from the article:

Then, an air-traffic controller asked him and his passenger to look out the window.

If you know about print journalism, you know how various interviewees comments are woven into the story, and NOT alwsays put into "quotes", except when it is used to add emphasis or 'punch' to the article.

ALSO, in print, as in all news media, space is an issue (time, same principle, for broadcasters).

"It was close enough....to see the....colors."

THIS doesn't sound like an opinion the reporter writing the story had, because THAT is not how reporters write stories!!! It sounds very much as if he, the reporter, was told in some way by somebody that the colors of United Airlines were observed.

Make sense????

ALSO, it was very clear, in the article, that the pilot of the Piper (NOT a 'Cessna', though common mistake for laypersons) observed the erratic maneuvers of the United jet. A pilot would notice such things!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Witness Accounts

Yes, people saw the plane.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

It was close enough for him and his photographer to see the United Airlines colors.

If you know about print journalism, you know how various interviewees comments are woven into the story, and NOT alwsays put into "quotes", except when it is used to add emphasis or 'punch' to the article.

Usually with a line like that, the reporter follows it up with a quote right afterward, so since the reporter DOESN'T, it leaves us to assume, but you know what they say about assuming.

ALSO, it was very clear, in the article, that the pilot of the Piper ...observed the erratic maneuvers of the United jet. A pilot would notice such things!!!!

A 757 doing "erratic maneuvers" at that altitude at that speed? Doesn't sound like any 757 I know.

Beside, that pilots accounts doesn't answer my OP because I asked for witnesses who described a 757 plane with UA colors flying through Shanksville. This pilot was in a town 50 miles away.

And why was that pilot still in the air with there was a flight ban initiated at 9:30am?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join