It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

District 9 - another movie readying us for disclosure? or just another sci-fi movie?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I haven't really been seeing any commercials for this movie on tv but I have seen the movie trailer.

This is actually the short film the movies based off of.

www.youtube.com...

What do y'all think of the movie? Is it just another media tool getting our brains used to the fact aliens could one day walk our planet in publics eye?

And what would you do if they "ran out of gas" and started migrating into your cities. Welcom them although they may be ugly or banish them to concentration camps.

I just wondered what people on ats thought of the movie.

Thanks, keep it wierd

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have a hard time believing it anything more than another sci-fi movie. Otherwise what about Star Trek, Star wars, Buck Rogers and a long list of others?

At that rate of disclosure, never going to happen in my life time. I've been alive more than 30 years and these kinds of movies have been present the entire time.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I like how the movies not based in the USA but in south africa. Makes it more interesting and original. How could a UFO land somewhere else besideds the USA?!?! Oh no. So cliche.

I'm hopeing this is a good one so far it looks pretty decent just not so much publicity

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dallas87

I think it would be simular to the situations portrayed in that old TV show "Alien Nation". Some would accept and befriend others would mistrust, begrudge and attack, and everything inbetween.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Heck, I'll see it.

Nonetheless....I worry because I don't Personally believe such media outlets are frough with "disclosure" or "warning" and every time i hear so I worry about my current beliefs.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't wanna turn this into a religuous thread but don't worry man, god created the universe and all that is in existance. These creatures are created by him too in his image. He can take any form it says it in the bible, which is a book that people should interpret in they're own ways. Don't change your beliefs man stay true to you pimpin.

I think this movie will fare pretty well. Yeah I'm 21 I've grown up on trek and starwars, but before trek and starwars there was like throwback twilight zone I mean I guess you could say the 20th and 21st centurys have been a lot about sci fi and it'll just keep getting interesting

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I saw the original 2005 short film. It's nothing more than a sci fi version of apartheid.

The writer lived in South Africa, where segregation occurred. He wants to pay homage to it, and in a world growing more destructive, perhaps bring us back to reality through the non-real.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Nice feedback gorman91, very interesting. We should therefore lookpast the "ugliness" so to speek and get along with our alien brothas

Yeah he grew up in Joburg, SAff

This might sound dumb but what is apartheid

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This movie kind of reminds me of the Charles Hall tale about the tall whites.

I wonder also,what is up with all the alien flicks coming out nowadays.Seems like its either that or "end of the world" type movies.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
As one of my ex Boy Friend would have put it, it is how humans would react toward an alien lifeform... then again, he was referring to Independence Day movie as to where instead of aliens were to come here to suck up on our natural resources, we would be likely the ones who were to do so after we depleted mother earth and move on to invade other worlds for their natural resources.

... Like roaches

For a Peter Jackson flick, I highly doubt that he is referring to an alien "prep"... Now if it would have been directed and written by J. Michael Straczynski who did Babylon5, I would then be afraid... MUHAAAAA

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
its just a movie enjoy it....

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I think is just a desensitizing method actually. They want us to get used to the fact that we can co exist with ET's.....

I'm in NYC and the marketing campaign they have for this flick is funny to me. On bus stops and on buses they have has this mini billboards like his
and it says if you see this alien report to district 9.
kind of creepy if you ask me

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Damn! District 9 looks menacing!

Could be market exploitation or could be subconsciously getting us into the disclosure mood. These kinds big budget movies demands lots of resources, yet they keep coming one after another. The Irony is that mainstream media is so hell bent on making a mockery of the subject, so the market targeting alone is kind of risky for business.
What they might not realize is that they’re scratching a real boo boo! The Ufo/alien phenomenon is REAL.

The funny thing is, any alien movie can turn out to be crap but people always remember the ET factor in it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It's just another movie and it looks like it will be a very good one at that. If they wanted to create a movie to prepare us for life with Alien neighbors this wouldn't be it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
What got my attention the first time I heard about that movie and visited the website was the URL: www.d-9.com. Looks like d-g. Swap it and you get g-d or G-d = God.

Because it makes the words G-d and L-RD unpronounceable. We can read the names and know Whom we mean, but cannot pronounce them. The misuse and abuse of any of G-d's Names is anathema [“accursed”] for a Jew. During the third century A.D., the Jewish people stopped saying this name in fear of contravening the commandment "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain" (Exd 20:7).
From LOOKING for the "o" in G-d!

May mean nothing - it just got my attention the second I entered the site.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Looks like Alien Nation with South African undertones

Alien Nation was all right at the time. Peter Jackson is one of my favourite directors, especially for his early film Bad Taste. If you want to believe Peter Jackson is preparing people for contact, then its best you don't watch that particular movie. If you're after a comedy/scifi then its worth a watch!

Deckard666, www.d-9.com I suppose you could add a 'S' to it and it can become DS9 or "Deep Space 9" which is about an outpost in space. Or you could remove the "ne" from 9 and you'd get D-Ni as in "deny", or you could add some more letters to it and get it to become "I've just had 9 mini-hot Dogs"

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What's funny to me is that these aliens can breath without they're suits and can even drink water and they like cat food hahaha

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dallas87

Apartheid was a time in S Africa where segregation and inequality of races was legal and a tool of destruction and control. Many people are famous for fighting it, an d it eventually was stopped.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i am excited about this movie. hopefully, it will not be a NWO hype fest like alot of new (or thought to be new) ideas/theories.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Its just the creator of the new HALO movie showing off what he can do in D9 before that comes out. Ive seen the storyline and believe me this is nothing more than A.I. meets Independence Day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join