Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I, a U.S. citizen, was arrested by a U.S. Border Patrol Agent today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's quite a suprise that the people who complain about the police state the most are the criminals.
I just don't understand why there are so many law abiding citizens who have never been arrested.
It's just not fair.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Dude, totally. Problem is we're all criminals in the police state. I'm quite sure you've broken a few harmless rules in your life, but since you're a raging hypocrite I'm sure you're gonna pretend you never have. As much as I love my guns, I actually hope they ban them soon, so YOU hypocritical, nosey, people who love guns and hate hippies are criminals too, and I hope they use a loophole to storm into your house to confiscate your weapons and arrest you. I REALLY hope that happens.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
It's quite a suprise that the people who complain about the police state the most are the criminals.
I just don't understand why there are so many law abiding citizens who have never been arrested.
It's just not fair.

This vid's for you....

www.youtube.com...

It is a prime example of the reality of these things, ie, the right to stop and do whatever to anyone - this is a minister's first hand account of the 'border patrol' helping to keep all those nasty criminals off the streets.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
reply to post by jd140

What you and several posters don't yet understand is that a criminal has rights too.

You do not give up your citizenship by committing a crime. The constitution is not void if you chose to commit a crime.

In our society the biggest danger is the persausiveness of the following two sentences.

If you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about.

It's for your own good and/or safety.

Thanks to the OP for confirming yet again what a dismal place America is fast becoming. I might add with the full consent and support of most Americans.

They did nothing that was illegal. The OP was the one who broke the law, detained,searched, ticketed and released.

Then he comes on ATS claiming that he was arrested, which he wasn't and that makes wonder what other tidbits he embellished.

He was treated the same way all criminals are treated. Then like a typical criminal he comes here and whines about how he was treated unfairly even though he was wrong.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Then he comes on ATS claiming that he was arrested, which he wasn't and that makes wonder what other tidbits he embellished.

Again, nimrod, i was arrested, and read my rights. And they did do something illegal. Setting up K9 checkpoints in the US is ILLEGAL for the police, the ONLY reason the border patrol can do it is because of a loophole to smell out ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS (one granted under Bush, of course). They are NOT supposed to be arresting US citizens, and are not given that authority ANYWHERE else but Yuma county. Are you REALLY that dense dude? Do you even READ or do you just post your drone garbage. I guess they want more stupid people in the military.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sounds to me like Americans have lost all their rights, time to take a stand cowards!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Again, nimrod, i was arrested, and read my rights. Are you REALLY that dense dude? Do you even READ or do you just post your drone garbage. I guess they want more stupid people in the military.

Nope not dense just think you are a liar.

You go to jail? Did you get fingerprinted? Did you post bail? Did you go before a judge?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Again, trying READING a little...

FROM THE ARTICLE I LINKED:

So many marijuana users have been caught that, last year, Yuma officials had to streamline the legal process. In a program unique to the Yuma Sector, Border Patrol agents were given the authority to write citations in low-quantity marijuana cases as though they were deputies working for the Yuma County Sheriff's Office.

The program even was anointed with a catchy federal handle: Operation Citation.

You are arrested, and given a court date. I will be going before a judge, although the attorney I called said I won't have to if I hire him. But you are read your rights, and placed under arrest, then you are released, ONLY because they can't handle the volume of CITIZENS being arrested by the BORDER PATROL, a hundred miles into the USA.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I don't sympathize for any criminal. That includes you, I still think you are lying.

Criminals have a bad habit of doing that. So you can stop whining to me about how you was done wrong after you was caught breaking the law.

edit to add- if thats the piece you wanted me to read then I must say you proved my point. You was given a citation which you can either pay or go to court like any other citation. I'm not going to read anymore to prove to myself you aren't lying so if you have a piece that says they arrest you then show it.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by jd140]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's to the point now where you have to ask yourself if taking a holiday is worth exposing yourself to the ignorant and abusive actions of authorities.

It's not the criminals that worry me so much anymore.

I'm going to star and falg you because this is an important bit of personal experience you have shared with ATS members and casual lurkers. I'm also going to star and falg you because of your pain, suffering, and aggrevation. Hopefully others will do the same so you can experience some joy in moving up the ATS ladder to the next level towards transcending the rest of the humanoids on the planet.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have not posted on this thread due to you acting like you were railroaded for having drugs in your car. Your lucky you didn't get the charged for taking those drugs across state lines. Next time be smart and just say no or atleast leave it at home when traveling from state to state. And if you say well I want to smoke on the way Your as dumb as your pathetic whining excuse is.

You remind of a person who sits in jail and watches cops on tv and says they would of never caught me like that. Guess what they did or you wouldn't be in jail making some statement like you are.

Just quit smoking and wise up.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Breeze
It is misleading to say you were arrested when you were only briefly detained for 5 minutes.

Again, I WAS arrested, read my rights, and given a ticket. I still have to appear in court way the hell in Yuma to pay it, and i WILL fight it.

If it's just a ticket, pay it and forget it. However, if you are branded with a criminal record, then it's worth fighting if you are rich.

I'm on your side, but if it amounts to a ticket with no criminal record, it's not worth the 20K to 200K it's going to cost you to fight it, appeal to higher courts, etc. Only the wealthy can afford to defend their constitutional rights. The average guy is a peeon in the courts. The average guy cannot afford to pay a lawyer to defend his rights properly. The average guy will bankrupt himself, give up before winning his case, and get the shaft both ways.

Don't let that happen to yourself. Pay the ticket, pack up, and move to California.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I don't sympathize for any criminal.

Like I said, you're probably a "criminal" too. If you tell me you've never broken the law, you will be the liar here.

I'm not going to read anymore to prove to myself you aren't lying so if you have a piece that says they arrest you then show it.

Rather than place the blame on his daughter, he paid $1,600 in fines, and was embarrassed recently when the arrest showed up in a background check while he was trying to rent a house. He was allowed to move in, but lamented of his new rap sheet: "It just sucks. Period."

Here ya go. Not that it will matter to you anyway, you've already made your bias clear, it just sucks that you are one of the people who are tasked with defending our constitution...you have no business there.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Don't let that happen to yourself. Pay the ticket, pack up, and move to California.

It just depends on the judge whether I get a record or not. I have NO previous arrests or anything other than traffic tickets, and i am weighing my best options, thanks for the advice. And yes, i will be bound for california, on that side the border patrol just takes whatever they may find.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

So I was following this thread but didn't have anything to say until now.

I just remembered, you know, you're probably really lucky. Aren't there some agents and cops near the border who have been caught seizing cars and property for no reason? I know it happened a few times in Texas, I wonder if it's more widespread.

I mean at least you still have your car, right?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I don't think he's upset that he got caught, I think he is upset about the violation of his right to be secure and free from unreasonable searches.
That is the bigger issue here, because it effects even the rightious and good people like yourself, not just us heathens.

Me thinks you are being too attackish with your post.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

It just depends on the judge whether I get a record or not. I have NO previous arrests or anything other than traffic tickets, and i am weighing my best options, thanks for the advice. And yes, i will be bound for california, on that side the border patrol just takes whatever they may find.

Then I hope you get a good judge.

But aren't tickets usually just paid at a local magistrates office with no court appearance?

Good luck with your move. Keep me posted please.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Star and flag. American's were once sovereign. It is no wonder people have lost that sovereignty when you read some of these responses. It seems to be beyond some peoples' comprehension the ideals that founded this nation. Very sad.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Last I heard, pot was illegal, except in states where it is authorized for medical use. Transporting it thus isn't legal either. You got busted, you lost your drugs, and got a ticket. You're pissed, I got that that, but it's your own darned fault! You are not in jail, suck it up.

Seriously this is nothing more than sour grapes the OP's part. Of which I have no doubt if he got past the check point they would have been laughing as to how they pulled one over on 'the man.'

Yes I am less than sympathetic to the OP's predicament.

The Boarder Patrol has a crappy job, imo. They are expected to :

1- Try and keep some sort of semblance of order when it comes to letting folks into the country.
2- Drug interdiction, which where I am living, is bloody dangerous considering the drug cartel in Juarez, Mexico are out of control.
3- Act as eyes for Home Land Security and are technically one arm protection to keep the terrorists out.
4- Have to deal on a regular basis with folks that are 'irritated' at delays.
5- Have to contend with folks like the OP who think laws are for other people.

Sorry, but really, you could not pay me to work Boarder Patrol given what they have to deal with.

Lastly, when you knowingly break the law, its on you if you get busted. Man-up, suck it up, get over it.

M.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Moshpet]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

If you've been caught at an Arizona Immigration Checkpoint…

Drug Dogs Aren't Always Right
Often, at border patrol checkpoints, police and U.S. border patrol agents will bring drug dogs around all the cars. If the dogs alert, it could lead to your arrest. At Cates, Hanson, Sargeant & Rakestraw, we've had past successes challenging the use of drug dogs to discover drugs.

While these dogs are used often at immigration checkpoints, they're not always right. Sometimes drug dogs are improperly trained. They may be overworked or triggered into alerting by their over-eager handlers. If a drug dog was used in your case, we'll look carefully to make sure that your rights weren't violated. And we'll make that evidence from an illegal search and seizure never enters the courtroom.

Even attorneys are not arguing the fact that drug dogs can be used or if the border patrol has a right to stop you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join