It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, a U.S. citizen, was arrested by a U.S. Border Patrol Agent today

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I question the governement on a daily basis. I just don't blame law enforcemnt for my own mistakes.

Should drugs be legal? Probably, but they are not now.

IMO they had every right to search your car after the dog hit on it. How do they know what you could have? Maybe you had pounds in your car, they had reasonable cause and are doing their jobs. I stand by my point that unless you grow or manafacture for your private use there is a direct correlation to violence in the southwest because you want to use. You are short sighted if you don't realize that.

This wouldn't have happen if you weren't breaking the law its as simple as that. You were very lucky.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

It was approved by the United States Supreme Court it is constitutional Harvib. I believe that's their job...making sure laws are within limits...

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Everwatcher33]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by nixie_nox

ONCE AGAIN...I was NOWHERE near the US/Mexican border. I never left the country, at all. Jesus, please read before posting...

And how does that change anything at all?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905

IMO they had every right to search your car after the dog hit on it. How do they know what you could have? Maybe you had pounds in your car, they had reasonable cause and are doing their jobs.

Exaclty. How do they know how much you have before they look?

The arrogance of the person that started this thread is astounding!

While trying to avoid the T & C, this thread is all about drug usage, and the stupidity of feeling free enough to travel on the roads with it, no matter what the amount is.

It doesn't matter what the amount is, if the drug is illegal OP, you were in the wrong, and got caught. You got what you deserved!

You might not like the fact that the border patrol got you, but I tend to think that if it had been the highway patrol, or any police force that would have nabbed you, this thread would still exist.

Quit your whining, and pay the fine and get over it.

As another person pointed out, you are not special.

If you don't like the fact that some drugs that you like are illegal in this country and you run the risk of fines and or jail time, why just move to California? You can move your rear to some country where it is isn't illegal, and don't come back!

I don't care for people who admit to using drugs, brag about it, and then want sympathy. You will get none from me.

edit for typo

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

reply to post by dragonridr

Dude, YOU'RE not getting it. We're NOT talking about Al Capone, and the prohibition. Which failed if you don't remember, the same as this BS prohibition will. What part of they are targeting small time users aren't you understanding? This is new, this never happened here before, and it's a violation of our rights under the constitution. Here since you won't read the article, THIS is the issue I have with this...

Using drug-sniffing dogs at checkpoints to catch small-time marijuana users probably seems like a smart idea to Americans who view drug use as morally unacceptable.

However, keeping in mind the Fourth Amendment's prohibition against unreasonable searches and seizures, judges have traditionally taken a dim view of such "suspicion-less" stops and searches of vehicles.

After first taking office in 1993, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, a former DEA agent, proposed staking out main roads in and out of Maricopa County with checkpoints. Then-County Attorney Rick Romley put the kibosh on Arpaio's idea, saying it was unconstitutional.
www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

This IS unconstitutional, REGARDLESS how you feel about the issue of prohibition.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by 27jd]

no YOU'RE not getting it. First you say they are only targeting "small time users"? How the hell do they know your a small time user until they search? If they don't search the tagged vehicles how the heck are they supposed to catch the BIG TIME SMUGGLERS?
Look your po'd and i can understand that. I get the same way when i get a seat belt ticket (talk about a money scheme) but the facts are you broke the law and you got caught.
Is it really unconstitutional? whats constitutes a reasonable search? If border agents are trying to stop illegal immigrants from smuggling drugs into our country via Mexico(where most drugs come through) and a drug dog tags an American instead id say thats cause for a REASONABLE search. The fact that anybody thinks they are targeting casual smokers is laughable. Like i said before how do they know until they check? Its not like the dog can tell them "he's got a dime let him pass" or "he's got 10 keys, lets nab him". you will NOT win a case so dont waste your money and the fact that you want to move to a state that is a hair away from looking like nazi germany adds even more questions to your decision making abilities.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
To the last few posters, I personally believe most of you to be complete hypocrites, as two of the posters who have judged me the most personally, just had a little side discussion about their tobacco habits. I guess as long as their corporate masters approve of thier far more dangerous, and disgusting habits, it's cool. I actually hope cancer eats away at both of your hypocritical bodies, and teaches you what happens when you blindly follow evil, greedy masters while judging everybody else. After all, you've all wished some pretty harsh things on me. Karma's a bitch.

Also, I am NOT at all interested in ANY of your selective judgement or sympathy. That was NOT the purpose of this thread, it was to point out a violation of our constitution, in which it says NOTHING about the BP being able to ignore. YOU ALL are the ones who have made the discussion about drugs. I have NO need for sympathy, i'm in no real trouble, i just have to pay a small fine. I'm very glad though that i started this thread, it has made it very clear to me that we are NOT a country united. Going forward though, i would support an assault weapon and ammo ban, for the SOLE purpose of getting the satisfaction of watching you rednecks be forced to hand over that which you feel you should have the right to possess as adults, or be criminals yourselves, then maybe this 4th amendment violation will hit a little closer to home. I know that is counter-productive to the cause of fighting an oppressive government, but it's become clear that you rednecks are ALL TALK. You wouldn't raise a weapon to your beloved government, ever. They wouldn't need to pry ANYTHING from your cold, dead hands. The moment it becomes illegal you will all scramble to turn them in, because you hate criminals so much, you would NEVER want to become one i'm sure. It's only a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

"Also, I am NOT at all interested in ANY of your selective judgement or sympathy. That was NOT the purpose of this thread, it was to point out a violation of our constitution, in which it says NOTHING about the BP being able to ignore. YOU ALL are the ones who have made the discussion about drugs."

Well whether you like it or not you put your life experience on a DISCUSSION board so not everybody is going to keep their judgments and/or sympathy(or lack thereof) to themselves. Also the 4th amendment and drugs go hand in hand so its kinda hard to discuss the first without the latter. It doesnt help that you yourself were pulled over for drug possession. You'll calm down eventually and realize YOU were in the wrong and that your liberties were not violated in anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thegreatone

Right, I know. It's physically impossible for some people not to relentlessly judge others who have done NOTHING to harm anybody. It's something that has been handed down from your redneck parents, that was handed down from theirs. I hope somehow though, that your backwards breed becomes extinct. I really do. Anyway, once again, we cannot discuss drugs here, or I would happily. This is about the government now being able to search EVERY car on the interstate, without the driver breaking any rules to warrant a dog being run around the car. It is a subject that i have personal experience with, but it's NOT about me, at all. You either agree with this violation of rights, or you don't. Doesn't change anything. When they do ban guns, the constitution won't matter then either, it will still be illegal and anybody who doesn't turn them in will be a lowlife criminal, just like me.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

To the last few posters, I personally believe most of you to be complete hypocrites, as two of the posters who have judged me the most personally, just had a little side discussion about their tobacco habits. I guess as long as their corporate masters approve of thier far more dangerous, and disgusting habits, it's cool. I actually hope cancer eats away at both of your hypocritical bodies, and teaches you what happens when you blindly follow evil, greedy masters while judging everybody else. After all, you've all wished some pretty harsh things on me. Karma's a bitch.

Cigarettes are not illegal. How mature are you wishing that people get cancer that eats their bodies? Smoke from illegal substances is just as dangerous as tobacco smoke. Speaking of judgemental, who are you to tell people they must agree with you. YOU were nabbed for illegal drugs, and decided to post a thread about it. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen! As for wishing you anything, I wish you would grow up, face the music, and get on with your life already!

Also, I am NOT at all interested in ANY of your selective judgement or sympathy. That was NOT the purpose of this thread, it was to point out a violation of our constitution, in which it says NOTHING about the BP being able to ignore.

NO, NO, NO!!!!!!! YOU made the discussion about drugs, by making this thread, because of YOUR idiot action of driving around with drugs in your car. If you hadn't been so idiotic, you wouldn't have had a thread in the first place! Get over yourself alread! The violation in question, is YOU driving around with drugs in your car!

YOU ALL are the ones who have made the discussion about drugs. I have NO need for sympathy, i'm in no real trouble, i just have to pay a small fine.

Oh, for the love of GOD, then pay the fine already!

I'm very glad though that i started this thread, it has made it very clear to me that we are NOT a country united.

You got that right buster. Some of us are anti-drug illegal drugs. As far as I am concerned, you don't have any rights to complain, being an admitted user. As far as I am concerned, a fine was not enough for you. I think your but should be in a tent city for a few days.

Going forward though, i would support an assault weapon and ammo ban, for the SOLE purpose of getting the satisfaction of watching you rednecks be forced to hand over that which you feel you should have the right to possess as adults, or be criminals yourselves, then maybe this 4th amendment violation will hit a little closer to home. I know that is counter-productive to the cause of fighting an oppressive government, but it's become clear that you rednecks are ALL TALK. You wouldn't raise a weapon to your beloved government, ever. They wouldn't need to pry ANYTHING from your cold, dead hands. The moment it becomes illegal you will all scramble to turn them in, because you hate criminals so much, you would NEVER want to become one i'm sure. It's only a matter of time.

Once again, what a childish thing to say, and it has NOTHING to do with your thread, or your mistake of driving around with drugs. Get over it already!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by thegreatone

Right, I know. It's physically impossible for some people not to relentlessly judge others who have done NOTHING to harm anybody. It's something that has been handed down from your redneck parents, that was handed down from theirs. I hope somehow though, that your backwards breed becomes extinct. I really do. Anyway, once again, we cannot discuss drugs here, or I would happily. This is about the government now being able to search EVERY car on the interstate, without the driver breaking any rules to warrant a dog being run around the car. It is a subject that i have personal experience with, but it's NOT about me, at all. You either agree with this violation of rights, or you don't. Doesn't change anything. When they do ban guns, the constitution won't matter then either, it will still be illegal and anybody who doesn't turn them in will be a lowlife criminal, just like me.

First of all im not a redneck, far from it, though i do live amongst them

secondly im not judging you, trust me i am the last one to do so especially for THIS type of instance

Third, where does it say they can search EVERY car on the interstate? They cant, without cause, and a drug dog behaving suspiciously IS CAUSE.
Lastly i dont agree this is a violation of rights at all.
Good luck with your court case and move to cali

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
How mature are you wishing that people get cancer that eats their bodies? Smoke from illegal substances is just as dangerous as tobacco smoke.

You have NO clue by which means i choose to relax, you're probably so incredibly ignorant you think smoking is the only way. Yes, smoke is a carcinogen, i'm WELL aware if it. And yes, I do wish that, I am not above hating my enemies, which is what you people who support the erosion of our human rights are.

Speaking of judgemental, who are you to tell people they must agree with you.

I never said people must agree with me. Show me where I posted that, i'm just sick of all the false do-gooders trying to lecture me like i'm their child. My thread is about the searching of every vehicle traveling the interstate, and how i feel that is against the constitution. That's it, i posted my personal story as an opening for a discussion about THAT, not my personal choices. Nothing has or will change about my personal life, so you're all wasting your time. Of course my vehicle will be clean from now on, my false idea that we live in a somewhat free country where the authorities can't just rifle through your things is far gone. So, for that I am greatful to the BP, for teaching me that for a small fee. Also, i must say in fairness to the BP agents themselves, they were cool to me on a human level. I just disagree with searching every car on the interstate, if you can't see that past your deep personal concern regarding my choice as an adult to relax how i see fit, then we have nothing more to discuss.

I'm very glad though that i started this thread, it has made it very clear to me that we are NOT a country united.

You got that right buster. Some of us are anti-drug illegal drugs. As far as I am concerned, you don't have any rights to complain, being an admitted user. As far as I am concerned, a fine was not enough for you. I think your but should be in a tent city for a few days.

K, another person who feels that once you break a law, you no longer have rights. Thanks for sharing.

Once again, what a childish thing to say, and it has NOTHING to do with your thread, or your mistake of driving around with drugs. Get over it already!

Whatever, I admit it will be personally satisfying to see you judgemental rednecks get a taste of your own medicine. I can't wait for that day.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatone
Third, where does it say they can search EVERY car on the interstate? They cant, without cause, and a drug dog behaving suspiciously IS CAUSE.

The dog is basically an x-ray machine. There is NO getting by them, if they run a dog around your car, they already searched it. And they run a dog by every car in the line. So, in effect, they search every car passing through. That's why it's considered unconstitutional for the police to set up KK9 checks, the BP was granted an exception to stop illegal immigration, but like the government ALWAYS does, it's abusing that power.

Lastly i dont agree this is a violation of rights at all.
Good luck with your court case and move to cali

That's really the only opinion of yours i'm interested in, thank you for posting it. And thanks for the well wishes...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You have NO clue by which means i choose to relax, you're probably so incredibly ignorant you think smoking is the only way. Yes, smoke is a carcinogen, i'm WELL aware if it. And yes, I do wish that, I am not above hating my enemies, which is what you people who support the erosion of our human rights are.

I could care less how you relax, as long as it isn't anything illegal. When you hit the road with illegal substances in your car, or are driving under the influence of illegal drugs, it is everyones business. What makes you different from a person driving with an open container, or drunk? None. You both deserve the same treatment. However, a drunk driver wouldn't have walked away with just a fine. Don't you suppose this check point nabs a few drunks, too? I am not your enemy. I feel the way I do after seeing what illegal substances do to people. The hurt a lot of people, and just because they have not affected your life in a negative way, doesn't mean they won't at some other point.

I never said people must agree with me. Show me where I posted that, i'm just sick of all the false do-gooders trying to lecture me like i'm their child.

Ha, you said it without saying it by wishing people who don't agree with you to die of cancer that eats their bodies! If you don't want to be treated like a child, then don't make childish comments.

My thread is about the searching of every vehicle traveling the interstate, and how i feel that is against the constitution. That's it, i posted my personal story as an opening for a discussion about THAT, not my personal choices.

Uh huh! Yeah, if you were so concerned about it why didn't you make a thread BEFORE you got caught driving around with illegal drugs in your car? Funny how you decided to care once it affected you!

Nothing has or will change about my personal life, so you're all wasting your time. Of course my vehicle will be clean from now on, my false idea that we live in a somewhat free country where the authorities can't just rifle through your things is far gone.

I could care less if you do or do not change your personal life, but be willing to pay the consequences if you don't, and learn not to complain about getting yourself into situations out of your own stupidity.

So, for that I am greatful to the BP, for teaching me that for a small fee. Also, i must say in fairness to the BP agents themselves, they were cool to me on a human level. I just disagree with searching every car on the interstate, if you can't see that past your deep personal concern regarding my choice as an adult to relax how i see fit, then we have nothing more to discuss.

They don't search every car on the interstate. Just the ones going through the check point. Over exaggeration has not helped your cause.

K, another person who feels that once you break a law, you no longer have rights. Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome.

Whatever, I admit it will be personally satisfying to see you judgemental rednecks get a taste of your own medicine. I can't wait for that day.

I don't own a gun, and am from the north Chicago suburbs. See, how we might not be the only judgemental people in your thread?

edit to fix quote

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Ha, you said it without saying it by wishing people who don't agree with you to die of cancer that eats their bodies! If you don't want to be treated like a child, then don't make childish comments.

Well, maybe you're right about that one, I agree it was a little harsh, let myself get carried away. Guess I got a little pissed because the only reason I started the thread was to discuss the implications of the checkpoint itself, not drugs. I don't need sympathy and i am fully aware that i am to blame for MY particular situation. That's not what I wanted the thread to be about, but oh well.

Uh huh! Yeah, if you were so concerned about it why didn't you make a thread BEFORE you got caught driving around with illegal drugs in your car? Funny how you decided to care once it affected you!

I was unaware of their new primary mission, they never used to run dogs around every car, only if you looked suspicious did they pull you to the side. If you read the thread, you'll learn more.

They don't search every car on the interstate. Just the ones going through the check point. Over exaggeration has not helped your cause.

Um, every car goes through the checkpoint.

I don't own a gun, and am from the north Chicago suburbs. See, how we might not be the only judgemental people in your thread?

Fine, then I hope they make ALL Chicago sports team paraphernalia illegal...

[edit on 6-8-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I truly am surprised at the words of a great deal of posters here. I've read the thread from the beginning and can see plain as day that the purpose of this thread was to discuss the legality and constitutionality of the searches performed at border control checkpoints not located at the border. The fact that the op was caught with something illegal is not important, what is important is that whether there was anything illegal in the op's possession or not, a search still occurred.

Those of you claiming the op is looking for some kind of sympathy for being arrested for the specific crime need to understand a few things:

1. The op learned a lesson and will not allow the possibility of arrest to repeat itself.

2. The op knows that the border patrol agents were doing their jobs. It is a part of the action of performing their jobs that has come to question here, specifically the searching of multiple cars.

3. The op suggests that due to what was witnessed before and after the arrest, the checkpoint in itself has created a very lucrative situation in the form of streamlining "due process" in terms of arresting people, citing them to appear in court, but not holding them in order to have room to continue making arrests. It doesn't matter what you consider the terms of being put under arrest. If an officer tells you you are under arrest, you are.

4. This thread is not about the op wanting any sympathy for being arrested for carrying an illegal substance. If it were, do you think any of the mods would allow it to take up 18 entire pages and continue growing? Get real and give it a rest. This thread would have been shut down for violating the T's and C's long before it ever got this long. Let the mods do their jobs. At this point its safe to say they do not see it as violating the T's and C's.

Although the constitution does uphold the existence of these checkpoints and the job performed by the border patrol agents, there was also a time when the constitution prohibited alcohol across the United States. Prohibition lasted fourteen years before it was repealed. Not only can a supreme court justice interpret the constitution differently then those who held the office before, but the prohibition beginning and ending is proof that views towards laws can change, as well as the constitution itself in the form of amendments.

The main topic here is losing your unalienable rights as a U.S. citizen, something a good number of posters here choose to ignore by waving the 'naughty' finger at the op and claiming shame on you. Pretty blatant off-topic posts if you ask me.

link   
27jd - There is no point arguing anymore. The thread cant go in the direction you want because the "hypocrites" knees keep on hitting them in the chin before they can actually "rationalize" the OP.

Myself I vowed to never travel again after having to stand in one of those vacuum-puff booths with cameras and sensors aimed all over your body.

It was in an airport in Miami, I had done no illegal activities and wasn't transporting anything illegal back to my country of origin (Canada). All I could think about while standing in this ridiculous machine was a quote from Ben Franklin; "When you give up freedom for security, you receive neither".

These sort of activities only breed suspicion and fear, which leads to violent activities (some committed in the name of preserving freedom, some committed by our own government in the name of promoting security).

Regardless, I tossed out my passport when i crossed the border and I haven't regretted it since.

You have my full support.. A. For smoking a plant thats safer than aspirin and not feeling guilty for it.. and B. For enduring an illegal search and seizure performed in the name of preserving security but with the full intention of robbing our freedoms.

If only the hypocrites understood, this is just their way of getting the foot in the door.. Its a slippery slope from here.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by UniversalTraveller]

link   
Sorry.. Double Post

[edit on 6-8-2009 by UniversalTraveller]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

Exactly. Thank you for helping to shine light on the true intention of my thread, as it seems others are seemingly trying to fog it up, despite my repeated clarifications.

reply to post by UniversalTraveller

I truly hope the american people take this country back, maybe then we'll be a nice country to visit again. We're not all nazis and nazi sympathizers down here...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Everwatcher33

It was approved by the United States Supreme Court it is constitutional Harvib. I believe that's their job...making sure laws are within limits...

Not true. It was approved by the Supreme Court however even the majority opinion admitted it was unconstitutional. Under Constitutional law that cannot be done. People should ask themselves why the supreme court can concede that something is unconstitutional yet not overturn.

(c) Under the circumstances of these checkpoint stops, which do not involve searches, the Government or public interest in making such stops outweighs the constitutionally protected interest of the private citizen. Pp. 428 U. S. 560-562.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by and14263
I will never blindly obide by a law which is in my view ethically wrong, just because i happen to have had no choice where I was born.

What happened to you was bad.
I am not shocked in the slightest people on here are making sweeping neanderthal judgements about what makes a man. Wow.

This thread has shown me quite a lot about controlling the underlings. No wonder the so called NWO can get away with anything it wants.

Guess what dont like the laws here move there is countries where its legal your an adult move! If you like it here to much then work to get the law changed if your not willing to do either of these two things than stop complaining.Oh wait you want someone else to do the work for you so you can just sit there doing nothing right! You always have choices no matter where you are born.

If you read my post you will see the choice I have made, this is clear from what I wrote. It is a shock that you misunderstand me so much that you believe I need to move countries because I don't like the laws.

I haven't made any comments about repercussions of my choices (which for your small cell collection means you whole reply is invalid), not one. I also didn't complain about anything.

What gave your small brain the idea I sit around doing nothing letting people do things for me? This snap judgement is a public display of your ignorance which will be kept on the internet forever.

Also, I know you have choices no matter where you are born... that's what my post displays.

You sir have shown yourself to be hugely ignorant and possibly stupid, only I cannot comment on that only having read a few of your words... to be honest it's your almightily embarassing use of grammar which leads me to believe you are in fact just another young pre pubescent teen who will probably grow into an intelligent being but for now is juggling thoughts of sex and aliens.

The worst thing about this? I've shown how stupid I can be wasting my time replying to a fourteen year old with no sense and concept of understanding coherent words/sentences.

If I click ignore do I never have to have your scrawlings on my screen again?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join