It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, a U.S. citizen, was arrested by a U.S. Border Patrol Agent today

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

The threat was directed to everybody. Thats why right before it I said "To everyone else".

So if you was arrested then you had a large quantity of drugs?

Going to court doesn't mean anything, I can go to court for a speeding ticket. The article states that if you are arrested then they take you to jail.

You are making excuses about your personal choices. Its a pity that you didn't get arrested and taken to jail. Obviously you aren't sorry for breaking the law. Your just upset about getting caught and are lashing out at those who caught you.

Since ATS is anti law enforcement you figured this would be a good place to get supporters. Instead of jumping on your bandwagon I caught your lie and have reduced you from trying to back up your claims to saying "I don't care what you say".

So did you have large amounts of drugs and was carted to jail, as that is the only way you would have been arrested?

Or are you lying?

edit to add- I never claimed to be a tough guy. I merely call it like I see it. You can call me whatever you want. My opinion still stands.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by jd140]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
So if you was arrested then you had a large quantity of drugs?

Nope. They only take you in for large amounts, otherwise you're arrested, read your rights, issued a citation, and sent on your way. If you read the article, you would have read that the reason they do that is to streamline the process, i WAS arrested. That's the last time I'm going to answer that ridiculous accusation that i'm lying. I've never lied on ATS before, i'm not here to hoax or exaggerate, nor have i EVER.

I caught your lie

No, you didn't.

The women said nothing, but the agents soon found about a half-ounce of pot and a small wooden pipe. The women were made to sit in a holding cell in one of the Border Patrol trailers.

"I was, like, 'Come on. I'm a grandma,'" says Mary. But the agents showed no reaction to her plea. Mary took the blame for the pot and paraphernalia because she says it was "critical" that her business partners have no arrest record.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Dude, you can try to fight it, but you probably won't win.

Marijuana is illegal because of money.....why do you think we can buy the seeds to grow weed, but can't grow it?

Because when you grow weed and get caught, you get a fine....seems logical....

It should be legal, and there is lots of facts that is for its legalization, but they just won't make it legal...it should even have been legal before cigarettes were...

They're just jealous of us being happy/high.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

So they streamlined your arrest? What was it a 1 hour confinement as opposed to 3 months?

You were detained. The only way you are released in that short of time is if you either make bail or they drop the charges.

Apparently my opinion does mean something to you. To bad that I am done pointing out that you are a liar and will not give you the pleasure of getting anymore points for my posts.

Be a man and pay your fine without crying about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

My opinion still stands.

You're right, it certainly does stand. It stands tall for all to see, this is the opinion of a U.S. soldier, everybody. The constitution does not apply to "criminals", in your opinion. Even though you've admitted to being a criminal yourself, it's okay as long as you sell yourself to the government. Your opinion stands, but it is not the opinion of a TRUE american, IMO. It should also stand as a warning to ALL Americans, IMO.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

So they streamlined your arrest? What was it a 1 hour confinement as opposed to 3 months?

No, it wasn't even an hour, I've had speeding tickets take longer. But they needed that space very quickly for the next search and arrest. You may not be a law expert, but when they read you your rights, and TELL YOU you're under arrest, I take that to mean I'm under arrest. I never said I was booked, but that's ONLY because they can't handle the volume, or i would have been.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Annee

The border control is not a illegal alien police force. I guess many people would probly think that but they are incharge of protecting the border from people or cargo and contraband.

Oh - I know that. I live on the border - I've known some agents.

I just didn't know they could legally use the title "Customs Agent".

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deep Thoughts
Dude, you can try to fight it, but you probably won't win.

Marijuana is illegal because of money.....why do you think we can buy the seeds to grow weed, but can't grow it?

Because when you grow weed and get caught, you get a fine....seems logical....

It should be legal, and there is lots of facts that is for its legalization, but they just won't make it legal...it should even have been legal before cigarettes were...

They're just jealous of us being happy/high.

Forgot to say, if you got caught with mushrooms, say you picked some mushrooms in the woods and wanted to do a quick search on them at your home to see if they're edible...used to work.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't think they can, used to work at a corner store right next to the Border Patrol here in El Paso. 50% of the customers were border patrol or customs. The main customs building is right behind that store (now renamed homeland security) but the folks were pretty adamant about the titles belonging to one another.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Wow, that was so extremely long winded to basically say the exact same thing you said last time. I understand you support the agency in their "mission". Good for you. Kindly screw yourself though, for trying to tell me how i should act. Moshpet should worry about Moshpet now. I will voice my protest, and at this point will continue to do so until I am ready to stop. I am not okay with the power they have, to basically search every car that passes the interstate. I have admitted my responsibility in my situation, but the situation should not have occurred, IMO. Just as you have the right to agree with them, i have the right to disagree.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by elohimszeusadam

And here we have a prefect example of why drugs are illegal, and rightly so…

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Let me start by saying, that the States budget is in the crapper. And they will go to any length to get out of the red. This was probobly a test run to see how many citations and fines could be given out. This will most likely be just like any DUI checkpoint, but with the expectation that these checkpoints will bring in more revenue...We are losing our constitutional rights, and pretty soon we will probobly have border control checkpoints at the end of your street. And they will find a multitude of reasons to hold, detain, and fine anyone they want, under the pretense of drug searches and seizures. Pretty soon we will all be living in the U.S.S.A, ... see you all later comrades.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Police can use dogs in traffic stops

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court ruled Monday that police may use drug-sniffing dogs during routine traffic stops, even when officers have no reason to suspect the vehicle is carrying narcotics.
By a 6-2 vote, the justices reversed an Illinois Supreme Court ruling that said the use of a dog wrongly converts a routine traffic stop into a drug investigation. The high court said a dog's sniff is not intrusive enough to amount to a search that violates the Fourth Amendment's ban on unreasonable searches. The majority said that a motorist does not have a legitimate expectation of privacy for contraband hidden in a trunk or other location that would be detected by a dog.

The high court said a dog's sniff is not intrusive enough to amount to a search that violates the Fourth Amendment's ban on unreasonable searches.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I don't know what to make of that post myself, but for all you know that poster was drunk or on some gnarly 'legal' psych drugs. Or that may all have been true and we could be laughing over some huge revelation. I just don't have the attention to read all of that, lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

While I have no desire to get into a protracted argument about this topic, and I do understand what you are trying to say, your basic premise is incorrect. Society makes the laws, and like it or not, the majority of people in the US disagree with not only illicit drug use, but also the problems that it brings along with it. As long as that is the case, then it will be illegal, and any law enforcement officer, regardless of their agency can enforce that law. Like it or not, boarder patrol is a law enforcement agency, and they can enforce drug violations. They are allowed to set up checkpoints within so many miles of the boarders, even though they are not directly on the boarder itself. Now if they set up a checkpoint like this in say… Kansas, then you might have a case, but you have no case as it currently stands. Not only is the current law not on your side, but even the older case law is against you.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That's after a routine traffic stop, meaning you broke a law to get pulled over. If you notice, the judges that ruled against listed exactly the reasons i feel this was wrong, and unconstitutional, from your source...

Dissenting Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and David Souter said the ruling could lead to dog-accompanied drug sweeps of cars that are parked along sidewalks or in parking lots, and they questioned whether it could give police more latitude to use dogs to look for drugs among travelers' belongings.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Well it doesn’t make any sense, it shows a deep-seated line of paranoid thinking, something of a detachment from reality, delusions of grandeur, and an assumption that we have any idea of who or what they are talking about. All signs of an altered state of mind in one form or another.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Society makes the laws, and like it or not, the majority of people in the US disagree with not only illicit drug use, but also the problems that it brings along with it.

That is incorrect, the majority DO NOT agree, but the fed doesn't care. Time and again, states hold elections and the people vote for decriminalization, and the feds step in and threaten to cut funding, the states fold like a deck of cards and the people's voice is ignored. That is fact. But that is getting us into a discussion we cannot get into here, which is why i wanted to keep it about the violation of the constitution that this checkpoint is.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yeah, but scanning it, it appears to have NOTHING whatsoever even remotely to do with this topic...very wierd.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
I will never blindly obide by a law which is in my view ethically wrong, just because i happen to have had no choice where I was born.

What happened to you was bad.
I am not shocked in the slightest people on here are making sweeping neanderthal judgements about what makes a man. Wow.

This thread has shown me quite a lot about controlling the underlings. No wonder the so called NWO can get away with anything it wants.

Guess what dont like the laws here move there is countries where its legal your an adult move! If you like it here to much then work to get the law changed if your not willing to do either of these two things than stop complaining.Oh wait you want someone else to do the work for you so you can just sit there doing nothing right! You always have choices no matter where you are born.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join