It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, a U.S. citizen, was arrested by a U.S. Border Patrol Agent today

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That is COMPLETELY different from what is happening in Yuma, it's not even close. You aren't interested in pondering the difference, obviously, because you're too busy blindly agreeing with our corrupt government. You've made your point that you feel i had it coming SEVERAL times already, got anything new to add?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
REGULAR LAW ENFORCEMENT CANNOT OPERATE K9 CHECKPOINTS BECAUSE IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL...

No need to shout.

Doesn't make any difference......THIS WASN'T "REGULAR LAW ENFORCEMENT".

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork
Point is.....aside from motorcycles, there aren't many vehicles that aren't capable of smuggling HUMAN traffic.

Or, my tiny 4 cylinder hatchback commuter car.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

De-regulatory legislation. Problem solved. The black market inflates prices. No more drug trafficking if the prices you could get are the same in your own Country. This solution is no secret. It is obvious and effective. However it would result in a significant loss of income for some... I wonder why it will never happen and instead we are told we must submit our selves to random and increasing detainments and questionings????

Brilliant! Let's blow up Canada too - - as more drugs are coming from the North then the South these days.

Not to mention - those accused of blowing up the Trade Towers came over the Canadian border.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Border patrol are doing there jobs and you think your special and above the law. Sorry your not.

He is an American citizen and should not have to be subjected to random detainments and questioning.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Doesn't make any difference......THIS WASN'T "REGULAR LAW ENFORCEMENT".

Right. Things are changing for the worse, accept them if you wish. That's your choice alone.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Let's blow up Canada too

Blow up Canada? What are you talking about. I think you misread my post or intended to respond to another poster who advised declaring war on Mexico. Re-read my post.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to post by Annee

Let's blow up Canada too

Blow up Canada? What are you talking about. I think you misread my post or intended to respond to another poster who advised declaring war on Mexico. Re-read my post.

Oops! Wrong poster.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by glevel

Originally posted by Annee

Lets Play - "You are in charge". Let's Play - "You solve the problem".

Since these drug dealing scum have and will again attack Americans I say treat them just like terrorists, go into Mexico, hunt them down and kill them before they kill more Americans, and if the Mexican Government has a problem , well then too bad. It is time we stop having our liberties eroded because of thugs that do not even live here.

Brilliant! Let's blow up Canada too - - as more drugs are coming from the North then the South these days.

Not to mention - those accused of blowing up the Trade Towers came over the Canadian border.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

You know.....if I had tried to slip something by a checkpoint a year after their methods and results were being publicized......(the article you cited makes mention of the small amounts and total lack of tolerance they show)....

....carrying what would ultimately turn out to be the most expensive bag of cannabis I've ever owned......I'd keep that one on the down low.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Give the needle a nudge....I think your record is skipping

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I will agree with me when you can point out the info that says canadians are coming across the border and killing our citizens, and when you can point to the article or source that says canadians are murdering our dea agents and our fbi agents...then I would say lets get them too, but that is not happening.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by glevel
reply to post by Annee

I will agree with me when you can point out the info that says canadians are coming across the border and killing our citizens, and when you can point to the article or source that says canadians are murdering our dea agents and our fbi agents...then I would say lets get them too, but that is not happening.

Believe what you want.

Wonder why our government wants us to focus on the Southern border.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Give the needle a nudge....I think your record is skipping

Actually - I think it was a brain fart.

But - Oh well!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cranberrydork

Wow, you must have some mutant power to be able to read every article in the world, right before going on vacation to make sure you won't be subject to an unreasonable search during. We don't all have that luxury, unfortunately, so me being only human and all, I must have somehow missed this article. But now I know, and I will certainly be making it known to all the people i can so i can do my part to harm their ill gotten revenue, and i will also be looking into class action suits and such. No need to keep it on the DL, can't help others that way.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I do not believe they want us to focus on it, they just use it as an excuse to enact more and more laws that do everything BUT focus on the border...if they got wind that a band of patriots were assembling a force and training for armed conflict down in mexico you can bet your sweet patooty that the border would be clamped shut like a vice and NOBODY would get through...but since all the hanky-panky that goes on only helps their cause they could care less.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I hate to disagree with you because I believe that you have a gripe, but I make it a duty to myself and my family to be as informed as I can on any and all situations that could even remotely affect us.You should as well...this was reported on AZcentral last year, and I believe the focal point of the article was that two women in their 60's were detained briefly by the border patrol for possesion of a small amount. Learn from this, become informed as much as you can...and leave your contraband at home...it could keep you from becoming a convicted felon someday.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
United States v. Martinez-Fuerte, 428 U.S. 543 (1976)

1. The Border Patrol's routine stopping of a vehicle at a permanent checkpoint located on a major highway away from the Mexican border for brief questioning of the vehicle's occupants is consistent with the Fourth Amendment, and the stops and questioning may be made at reasonably located checkpoints in the absence of any individualized suspicion that the particular vehicle contains illegal aliens. Pp. 428 U. S. 556-564.

(a) To require that such stops always be based on reasonable suspicion would be impractical because the flow of traffic tends to be too heavy to allow the particularized study of a given car necessary to identify it as a possible carrier of illegal aliens. Such a requirement also would largely eliminate any deterrent to the conduct of well disguised smuggling operations, even though smugglers are known to use these highways regularly. Pp. 428 U. S. 556-557.

(b) While the need to make routine checkpoint stops is great, the consequent intrusion on Fourth Amendment interests is quite limited, the interference with legitimate traffic being minimal and checkpoint operations involving less discretionary enforcement activity than roving patrol stops. Pp. 428 U. S. 557-560.

(c) Under the circumstances of these checkpoint stops, which do not involve searches, the Government or public interest in making such stops outweighs the constitutionally protected interest of the private citizen. Pp. 428 U. S. 560-562.

(d) With respect to the checkpoint involved in No 74-1560, it is constitutional to refer motorists selectively to a secondary inspection area for limited inquiry on the basis of criteria that would not sustain a roving patrol stop, since the intrusion is sufficiently minimal that no particularized reason need exist to justify it. Pp. 428 U. S. 563-564.

Seems most of these laws you say are new have been there since atleast 1976.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by glevel

I here ya man. The lesson learned from this experience has not escaped me, and of course I will never 'ride dirty' again. I always have good tags and my vehicle is always in good working order, so until now i admit i got a bit laxed. Never again, but the facts that make that checkpoint SO wrong, cannot be ignored. What also cannot be ignored, and this thread has illustrated it, that the government has very effectively conditioned some people to turn on their fellow countrymen, over minor infractions of the law they throw you in with terrorists and cartel murderers, especially the soldiers on this thread. That is what makes the future scary...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That applies to vehicles suspected of carrying illegal immigrants, it does NOT refer to searching citizens for minor offenses and having the authority to arrest and cite them...again, that seems to be clear and only specifically mentions illegal aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join