It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, a U.S. citizen, was arrested by a U.S. Border Patrol Agent today

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Oh please. I lived in Phoenix too. Yuma county can be considered near the border.

Oh please. You were railing against me coming through a US/Mexico border, which wasn't the case. Now "near" is good enough, huh?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There's Border Patrol vehicles everywhere...there are 3 in my apartment complex in Ahwatukee (Phoenix)
I'm starting to worry about it because it's very unusual..This is scary to find out they are doing arrests, as well.. I'm sorry, OP, you had to go through that.

The link is a picture of one of the vehicles parked in my area... There are several more. This is scary.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Why does everybody make that assumption? You closed minded, government lackeys must all be programed with the exact same BS.

Uh huh.

Let's look at it this way. BP was given an additional authority to arrest - which had previously only been under the jurisdiction of Police Officers.

This efficient and intelligent decision - - frees up Police Officers to do their job of protecting citizens. And allows Border Patrol to be more thorough in their job.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Marfa Sector – Border Patrol agents seized 2 pounds of marijuana valued at $1,648, a 1991 Ford van, three unloaded handguns, and arrested two USCs at the traffic checkpoint near Sierra Blanca, Texas. The subjects presented themselves for inspection and a search revealed the weapons and marijuana in the vehicle. Records checks on one subject revealed an extensive criminal history including convictions for falsifying checks, burglary, forgery with intent to defraud and resisting arrest.
Rio Grande Valley Sector – Border Patrol agents seized 32.40 pounds of Mexican Brown heroin valued at $2,592,000, 1.06 pounds of methamphetamine valued at $25,440, a 2007 Chevrolet Aveo, and arrested a USC at the traffic checkpoint near Falfurrias, Texas. The subject presented herself for inspection and a Border Patrol canine alerted to the vehicle. A subsequent search revealed the narcotics hidden in the dashboard
Laredo Sector – Border Patrol agents seized 1,279 pounds of marijuana valued at $1,018,560, a 2000 International tractor-trailer, and arrested a USC at the traffic checkpoint near Laredo, Texas. The subject presented himself for inspection and a Border Patrol canine alerted to the trailer. A search revealed 77 bundles of marijuana within the cargo.

....and

The act of presenting oneself in a court and thereby submitting to the court's jurisdiction, but only for a specific purpose and not for all the purposes for which a lawsuit is brought. A party makes a special appearance before a state court for the sole purpose of objecting to the court's jurisdiction over that party. If the party makes a general appearance to respond to the lawsuit, instead of a special appearance, then Common Law dictates that the party thereby waives any objection to the court's jurisdiction over her. A party may object to the court's jurisdiction for a number of reasons, such as when Service of Process was insufficient or defective, there is a variance between the complaint and the summons, or the lawsuit was brought in the wrong court. When a party wants to make a jurisdictional objection, she has the right to appear for the special purpose of making that objection, but according to common law, the party must clearly and specifically state to the court that she is specially appearing. Rule 12(b) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure has abolished the distinction between general and special appearances for federal courts. Therefore, parties can raise a jurisdictional objection along with other defenses in a responsive pleading in federal court. However, if a party wishes to make the jurisdictional objection initially without having to prepare a full responsive Pleading, the federal courts will permit that party to do so if he specially appears. Some states have followed the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and have eliminated for state court matters the distinction between general and special appearances. Many states still acknowledge the distinction, however, and some specifically provide for the distinction by statute.

Doesn't the wording imply that the search is consented even though they are forced to stop?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Okay, you've made your point that you agree with their actions. You are entitiled to your opinion, and it's just as valid as mine. I don't think it's okay, regardless of my personal experience. We can just agree to disagree I guess.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by physicalbeing

That's interesting, but maybe they live in your complex? Long commute, I assume they work in the south, probably as far north as casa grande. I think the valley is out of their hundred miles jurisdiction, but they seem to be full of surprises, so anything is possible, IMO.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Doesn't the wording imply that the search is consented even though they are forced to stop?

Consent means nothing in the Yuma situation. If the dog hits on your car, and you refuse, they hold you and call a real police officer who says they have probable cause due to the dog, and then you go to jail instead of just getting the ticket, as happened to the pastor on the youtube video posted a couple pages back, after they kicked his @ss and tazered him.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I believe the NWO has been the plan since the beginning of this country.

Yet you don't see this increased jurisdiction as the ability to stop, detain, and question American citizens. All under the guise of saving us from illegal immigration. There are more effective solutions to the illegal immigration problem.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Apparently annee welcomes the NWO, if she is aware of the plan, yet still supports their actions (as opposed to agreeing with a yucky, criminal drug user
). It's all in the plan, just go with it guys. It'll be okay....

[edit on 5-8-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to post by Annee

I believe the NWO has been the plan since the beginning of this country.

Yet you don't see this increased jurisdiction as the ability to stop, detain, and question American citizens. All under the guise of saving us from illegal immigration. There are more effective solutions to the illegal immigration problem.

I am on the border. I have seen first hand the escalation and aggressiveness along the border from drug dealers and their power leaders. Are you aware of the influx of Chinese nationals? Probably not.

Lets Play - "You are in charge". Let's Play - "You solve the problem".

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

reply to post by harvib

Apparently annee welcomes the NWO, if she is aware of the plan, yet still supports their actions (as opposed to agreeing with a yucky, criminal drug user
). It's all in the plan, just go with it guys. It'll be okay....

I don't see where any law enforcement has changed - - only changed hands - - and is now being enforced.

It is not unusual for laws to be on the books - but not be enforced because of lack of personnel. Well - now the Border Patrol has the personnel.

Personally - all I see is you whining because you got away with it for years - - but now because the Border Patrol got funded - - it has the personnel and was given an authority that was already legal - - but under a different law enforcement agency.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I am on the border. I have seen first hand the escalation and aggressiveness along the border from drug dealers and their power leaders. Are you aware of the influx of Chinese nationals? Probably not.

If the NWO didn't WANT them there, they wouldn't be there. The violence you are seeing is permitted and even spurred on by our government. If it wasn't for nosey, busy body, fat Linda's out there who can't stay out of other people's lives, big pharma and the tobacco and alcohol idustries wouldn't have such an easy time getting laws passed to ensure NOTHING more than their profits and the cartels wouldn't even exist, because an american business owner who pays taxes would be providing the recreational substance, but of course since it's so easy water a plant, they know they wouldn't get as much money as they do fining and seizing property. So the violence that scares you is ALSO part of the plan.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

If the NWO didn't WANT them there, they wouldn't be there. The violence you are seeing is permitted and even spurred on by our government.

That I can believe - - but that is a different subject.

The Border Patrol did their job - - that is what you are angry about.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

ONCE AGAIN, regular law enforcement CANNOT set up K9 checkpoints. It is NOT constitutional, and this "changing of the hands" provides a loophole to search EVERYBODY'S car who passes through. How is that NOT sinking in to your head? REGULAR LAW ENFORCEMENT CANNOT OPERATE K9 CHECKPOINTS BECAUSE IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL...REGULAR LAW ENFORCEMENT CANNOT OPERATE K9 CHECKPOINTS BECAUSE IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL...REGULAR LAW ENFORCEMENT CANNOT OPERATE K9 CHECKPOINTS BECAUSE IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Has it gotten in there yet?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

De-regulatory legislation. Problem solved. The black market inflates prices. No more drug trafficking if the prices you could get are the same in your own Country. This solution is no secret. It is obvious and effective. However it would result in a significant loss of income for some... I wonder why it will never happen and instead we are told we must submit our selves to random and increasing detainments and questionings????

[edit on 5-8-2009 by harvib]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

No, it's NOT a different subject. Holy crap, you believe the government is staging this war on drugs, but YOU STILL BELIEVE otherwise law abiding citizens should be searched without probable cause by these GOVERNMENT CRIMINALS solely so they can get MORE MONEY to keep the violence cycle going??? I'm at a loss...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread488630/pg10#pid6857472]post by Annee

Since these drug dealing scum have and will again attack Americans I say treat them just like terrorists, go into Mexico, hunt them down and kill them before they kill more Americans, and if the Mexican Government has a problem , well then too bad. It is time we stop having our liberties eroded because of thugs that do not even live here.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Border Patrol K-9 Detects Marijuana at Arizona Checkpoint

Tucson, Ariz. - The operational success of the Tucson sector’s traffic checkpoints is augmented by the use of U.S. Border Patrol canines that have the ability to detect what agents cannot see.

Agents from the Border Patrol’s Nogales Station working the immigration checkpoint on Interstate 19 referred a 1991 Chevrolet pick-up truck out of the primary lane of inspection to secondary for further examination. When agents approached the vehicle the driver sped away. The vehicle was later found abandoned near kilometer post 46 on the Interstate 19 median.

A subsequent alert by a Border Patrol canine and a search of the vehicle revealed a hidden compartment containing approximately 226 pounds of marijuana with an estimated value of $180,800.00.

Tucson Sector agents continue to interdict narcotics and stop illegal activity supported by checkpoints, proving the effectiveness of the Border Patrol’s “Defense in Depth Strategy”. In Fiscal Year 2008, Tucson Sector agents seized more than 51,000 pounds of marijuana worth an estimated $40 million, 264 pounds of coc aine worth an estimated $8 million and 64 ounces of heroin worth an estimated $320,000. These seizures occurred at the operational checkpoints within Tucson Sector.

Border patrol are doing there jobs and you think your special and above the law. Sorry your not.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

they aren't tasked with searching everybody's car, just vehicles that could be smuggling HUMAN traffic, and drugs SECONDARY to that,

What's the cutoff point for determining a vehicle that could or could not be smuggling humans? I guess a 40' panel truck would certainly qualify.....what about a 1/2 ton conversion van, you know....one of those with the smoked glass?....I bet that would qualify. Heck you could smuggle a couple of mules in a 4 dr sedan with tinted glass......

Point is.....aside from motorcycles, there aren't many vehicles that aren't capable of smuggling HUMAN traffic.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

No, it's NOT a different subject. Holy crap, you believe the government is staging this war on drugs, but YOU STILL BELIEVE otherwise law abiding citizens should be searched without probable cause by these GOVERNMENT CRIMINALS solely so they can get MORE MONEY to keep the violence cycle going??? I'm at a loss...

NO new laws were enacted - except maybe to extend the Border Patrol to 100 miles.

The only thing I see different - - is the increase in personnel.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join