It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, a U.S. citizen, was arrested by a U.S. Border Patrol Agent today

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
I think that's a result of our apathy towards violations of the Constitution. We're OK with it, when we think it's all about drugs or illegal immigrants. We don't understand that there's no way to identify a citizen or drug user, without stopping and searching them, or checking their papers, or whatever. That means US citizens, who are completely clean, will have to be stopped and checked, just to make sure they're not an illegal immigrant or a drug dealer.

I have repeatedly heard people say, "Oh, well, it's OK, it only applies to dope peddlers or illegals, it doesn't apply to *us*". Wrong. No one carries a sign identifying themselves as a dealer or an illegal. In order to find those, they have to check us. All of us.

There you go!

The increase of violence along the Mexican border on the Mexican side has increased significantly in the last few years. Border Patrol agents are being openly fired upon and some killed - - - which was not the "norm" a few years ago.

Yet - "we" want things to say the same - - with the attitude "its over there - it doesn't apply to me".

How exactly is someone supposed to differentiate between a US citizen and a Mexican citizen?

With increased violence and aggression - - - the natural response is going to be tighter security along the border. And I do mean ALONG THE BORDER - - such as I-8.

What I'm seeing is a "Cake and Eat it Too scenario".

Idealism is a nice word. Reality sucks some times.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by glevel
I have been through that checkpoint too...yes they do run a dog by every car, and have been doing it for awhile. What gets me going about this whole situation is that I am dark complected with dark hair and dark eyes, and my wife is originally from Mexico and speaks with a noticeable accent, yet the border patrol did not ask either of us if we were citizens or not...just if we had anything they should know about, and where we we heading and where we were coming from. How many illegal aliens get through this checkpoint? So the border patrol wants to focus on US citizens it seems, but at the same time they are telling Joe Arpaio, the sheriff of Maricopa county, that he must release illegal aliens if they have broken no laws except being in the USA illegally. But I suppose they cannot deport 25 million potential votes for something as silly as the law.

So - you are expecting Profiling?

What exactly do you think the ratio is between white citizens and dark citizens in Arizona?

It is very likely the BP had information on someone they were looking for this weekend. I've heard they do get tips on specific profiles to watch for.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
The Supreme Court says they can do it. Yuma makes a lot of money, the BP gets pats on the back for protecting us from ourselves, and the casual users get to pay a lot of money, unless of course, they see the sign warning of the checkpoint ahead and take appropriate action.

It never used to be that way at this checkpoint, they always waved everybody through and there were not dogs being run up and down the stopped traffic. So, now obviously I know and will not make the same mistake again, the least I could do though, is alert others to this new and unconstitutional practice as well as make my voice as an AZ taxpayer heard, and I will. The dog is basically seraching EVERYBODY'S car, they don't miss with those noses, and I personally believe it's wrong. The whole situation in Yuma is just the beginning of what's to come, and half these idiots will welcome it, and then cry about it when it eventually affects their lives.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by glevel

I guess it's been a couple years since i went to cali, so it was new to me. Wish I would have known, but you live and learn. The situation is just wrong though, and it's interesting that they weren't interested in your citizenship, I noticed that too. So, basically they don't care if youre an illegal immigrant, or driving under the influence, they ONLY care about writing the ticket and moving you along. They are clearly not there in Yuma to perform normal BP duties, or protect the safety of U.S. citizens. Just to make money.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

you do realize this is how smuggling operations work yo don't think they smuggle up roads directly connected to Mexico do you? They drive through the desert until they came to a major road that isn't connected to Mexico knowing it is less likely they will be stopped. You really need to stop doing drugs i think its beginning to have an effect on you!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Silly me, I forgot, profiling is only acceptable when Man-et Napolitano and her buddies do it...like their recent memo on terrorism and who to look out for, followed up by another memo and public plea to spy on one another...forgive me for even wondering why the law only applies to US citizens, but it is perfectly OK for illegals to break it...how silly of me.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
According to your original post it says you were arrested and taken to a trailer where you were given a ticket and sent on your way. Based on that information you were not "arrested", you were given a ticket for doing something illegal and sent on your way. Arrested is when you actually go to jail and have to post bail. Quit whining about your ticket, you got caught with drugs and got off lightly I would say.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
You really need to stop doing drugs i think its beginning to have an effect on you!

Obviously not as much as the many rounds of brainwashing YOU'VE been through, being government owned and all. Again, I don't expect any other response from those who have been conditioned, and ordered not to question the government.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

you are exactly right...they do not care about your status...they just want the revenue, and in my opinion Man-et Napolitano issued a memo to their dept. telling them not to look for illegal aliens...it seems like the path is being cleared to get Obama and his cronies another 25 million votes for 2012 since it is becoming apparent that his chances of re-election dwindle a little more each day.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by KSPigpen
The Supreme Court says they can do it. Yuma makes a lot of money, the BP gets pats on the back for protecting us from ourselves, and the casual users get to pay a lot of money, unless of course, they see the sign warning of the checkpoint ahead and take appropriate action.

It never used to be that way at this checkpoint, they always waved everybody through and there were not dogs being run up and down the stopped traffic. So, now obviously I know and will not make the same mistake again, the least I could do though, is alert others to this new and unconstitutional practice as well as make my voice as an AZ taxpayer heard, and I will. The dog is basically searching EVERYBODY'S car, they don't miss with those noses, and I personally believe it's wrong. The whole situation in Yuma is just the beginning of what's to come, and half these idiots will welcome it, and then cry about it when it eventually affects their lives.

So before if they just waived everybody through than they shouldn't have bothered having a checkpoint you do realize that makes no sense. I guess before we were paying them to stand by the side of the road and wave.I guess stopping people and making sure people aren't violating the law is much better at least now there earning there paycheck. Ill say it again pay the fine start paying attention to the local papers so you know where there at and be smart avoid it. Part i cant figure out is you knew they were there admitted it ,Then what do you do drive through a check point with drugs my god man thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard!

PS ill say again hopefully this experience will teach you something if only how to be smarter and not get caught but at least you learn something.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Sense says...

Holy crap, it's like playing whack a mole. ONCE AGAIN, in Yuma they have streamlined the process, you ARE arrested by the deputized BP agent (only county that BP agents are deputized to arrest and cite US citizens), who reads you your rights in the trailer, THEN writes you a citation and gives you a court date, in which you must appear and pay a fine. It HAD to be streamlined, because they bust vacationers with personal possession ALL day long, at THAT checkpoint, and that checkpoint ONLY. They CAN'T hold everybody, which is why they let you go, due to the sheer volume.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by glevel
reply to post by Annee

Silly me, I forgot, profiling is only acceptable when Man-et Napolitano and her buddies do it...like their recent memo on terrorism and who to look out for, followed up by another memo and public plea to spy on one another...forgive me for even wondering why the law only applies to US citizens, but it is perfectly OK for illegals to break it...how silly of me.

I am from Arizona.

Oh excuse Napolitano for not being more Girlie Girl. That sure gave you credibility.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You really need to stop doing drugs i think its beginning to have an effect on you!

Obviously not as much as the many rounds of brainwashing YOU'VE been through, being government owned and all. Again, I don't expect any other response from those who have been conditioned, and ordered not to question the government.

I question the government all the time but im not stupid enough to thry to cary drugs through a border patrol inspection or a police road block or a plane or into a court room,Why you ask because im smart enough to know i may get caught. You are the only one to blame here most people are smart enough to avoid the situation. Police here will tell you they are setting up road blocks looking for people under the influence on so and so road this weekend smart people who have been drinking ect avoid that road!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Part i cant figure out is you knew they were there admitted it

Because they never used to run a dog on EVERYBODY'S car, only if you had a vehicle that could be used to carry hidden people, they weren't interested in busting citizens with small quantities, it wasn't worth their time or energy. They were actually doing thier job and looking for illegals, which they don't need to anymore since the fence is working so well, so they are FOCUSED on U.S. citizens at that checkpoint, now. They weren't deputized to bust citizens last time i was there.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Welcome to the new form of taxation, where any "thing" can be made illegal, with a so called "fine" given out.

The government needs cash, so they cherry pick any "thing" that they know for a fact people( or a sub-section of people) will do or partake in.

The government will allow you to do it, over and over, YOU(or a sub-section of the population) are now being taxed, you have given them a new cash flow.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I question the government all the time.

I believe the NWO has been the plan since the beginning of this country. That there is no 2 party system - - that who ever appears to be in charge is only a puppet. "If you know their face - they're not running things".

However - I'm not agreeing or accepting the position you are presenting - - for your experience.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

You can keep calling it "arrested" over and over again......won't change what it really was....you got a misdemeanor citation for possession. No mugshots? No fingerprinting? Booking process? How is that arrested?

At a regularly staffed and established checkpoint, to boot. A K9 narcotics unit showed a positive reaction to your car......probably while another officer talked to you, in order to fit the courts determination that the officers not cause any undue delay in the stop.

If you had got away with that one, you'd probably be here sneering about the incompetent Border Patrol....."the fools, missed the bag in my car".....

Instead, you get to whine about their "police state" efficiency. That is more fun, idn't it?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Sorry, I missed your post. Not once in this thread have I offered any excuses or tried to say i was completely in the right. I felt ATS was a good place to vent my frustration at the fact they are searching EVERY car that passes the interstate now. That FEELS wrong and not american, even if I hadn't been holding at all. The dog essentially searches your car with its nose, inside and out, they have no need to ask for consent to run a dog around EVERYBODY'S car and once it signals, your consent is of no consequence, so what good is the 4th amendment or the constitution if we can pick and choose when it applies?? Anyway, although we disagree on alot, I appreciate you not judging me and offering constructive advice. From what I've learned it's really nothing more than a speeding ticket, an unconstitutional money grab, but not worth hiring a lawyer. I will however be looking into other ways of fighting this BS checkpoint.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Oh please. I lived in Phoenix too. Yuma county can be considered near the border.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork
If you had got away with that one, you'd probably be here sneering about the incompetent Border Patrol....."the fools, missed the bag in my car".....

Why does everybody make that assumption? You closed minded, government lackeys must all be programed with the exact same BS. I wouldn't have sneered about anything, they aren't tasked with searching everybody's car, just vehicles that could be smuggling HUMAN traffic, and drugs SECONDARY to that, meaning if they pull aside an illegal immigrant, they can also bust that immigrant for drugs. Policing U.S. citizens for minor offenses used to be the responsibility of local law enforcement, but not anymore in Yuma county.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join