It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran Warns Israel of Retaliation if Nuclear Facilities Are Attacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Following Israel's Prime Minister Sharon's statement last month that Iran was Israel's greatest threat, Iranian nuclear negotiator issued a responding warning to Israel stating that his country would retaliate if Israel attacks their nuclear facilities.

Iran Warns Israel of Retaliation if Nuclear Facilities Are Attacked
Israel and the United States suspect Iran is secretly building nuclear weapons under cover of a nuclear energy program. In the past, Israel has said it would not allow Iran to build a nuclear bomb.

In 1981, Israeli fighter-bombers destroyed a nuclear reactor that was under construction outside Baghdad because it feared Iraq would acquire a nuclear weapon.

"Israel knows our hands are well equipped," Rowhani said. "If such an incident happens, it will meet a resolute response from our side."

Rowhani did not explain what he meant by saying Iran was "well equipped," but Defense Minister Ali Shamkhani said in December that Iran would strike back with long-range missiles if Israel were to attack its nuclear facilities.

Related ATS & ATSNN articles:
Israel Cracks Iran Code. Reveals Iran's Nuclear Program
How long until Israel attacks?
The Coming Air Raid on Iran

[Edited on 5-11-2004 by worldwatcher]

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
...and this confirms suspicions that people have that the war on terrorism is partially about boosting Israeli fortification. Remember the neocons war-cry? "We MUST invade Syria and Iran? No wait, forget Syria... let's just go for Iran right now. They've got nukes in progress! A serious threat to our interests...". For the record, if Iran is producing or has produced nukes, there is NO WAY they could reach the borders of the US. Not even by a miracle. There is no serious threat to US interests in terms of weapons of mass destruction, IMHO. Israeli interests on the other hand...

Not only this, but such an incident would most definitely be the start of World War III... I hope I am VERY wrong on this prediction, however. If Israel attacks, and they are dying to, particularly before Sharon loses his grasp over Israel, then Iran will respond. If Iran responds, so will the US. If the US responds... well... who can say, really, but those in the know?

And don't get me wrong. I am all for a peaceful resolution and would much rather have no such sabre rattling going on between those two middle eastern powers. I don't want to see Isreal or Iran under attack from each other, or from anyone else for that matter.

[Edited on 5/11/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If the Israelis carry out their threat they would have to fly over Iraq, Kuwait or Saudi-Arabia (or a combination of these three) - which is all airspace currently controlled by the USA (and pretty tightly controlled I would think).

On the one hand, this makes it real easy for Israel (what Israel wants from the US, Israel gets from the US) but on the other hand, it makes it hard to believe the americans when they say: "we had nothing to do with this".

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Wonder what the sides will be for World War 3?????...............this concept is pretty exciteing to me

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
WWIII exciting? War is not exciting, any kind, sometimes it is the only way, but its not exciting....

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
War is what makes the world go around!

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I agree war does make the world go round...

That said nothing last forever....How long will the so called "Islamic Radicals" go without the great equalizer of weapons--nuclear bombs...
Pakistan is one coup attempt from being an out the closet fundamental radical islamic state....

Remember the war hungry Romans...

Those who can put thier nationalistic pride aside; what are the chances of the US domnating the World forever....What about 10 -15 yrs from now....

Will Israel even exist...She was our creation

Q

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Iran's tech is not much to be feared. They undoubtedly have some form of WMD, but they are so far behind the technological curve in comparison to Israel that any attempt to fight would be near-laughable. I don't doubt that they could cause large-scale casualties in Israel, but they would condemn their own country and all of it's people to the slag-heap if they did.

Just another political bluster by Iran in an attempt to stave off an attack, IMO. Just trying to keep them at bay until they actually can make nukes. (Be sure and thank North Korea and Pakistan when they do!)

That's the problem with WMD and third-world countries. It's like giving a gun to a monkey--he may or may not figure out how the thing works right off the bat, but you don't want to be in the room when he does!

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by Q]

top topics

join