It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Fermions decouple from Higgs field?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

TOPIC: Do Fermions decouple from Higgs field? [if it actually exists!]

The reasons for me starting this thread was because I believe that if the Higgs field is shown to actually exist then this would put a huge kybosh on any MASS singularity existing at the CoG inside a blackhole! My reasoning for this is as follows....

1] All subatomic particles come in 2 basic types i.e. Bosons which are the force carriers [photons, gravitons etc. which are GENERALLY MASSLESS [for sake of a simple argument I will be treating the massive bosons as FERMIONS]] and Fermions which are the matter that makes up the universe [protons, neutrons etc. which ALWAYS have MASS!].

2] The conjectured Higgs field is supposedly responsible for this MASS effect and the Higgs Boson is the force carrier of this effect which has a direct affect upon all Fermions. NOTE: Bosons being massless would already be decoupled from this field!

3] Inside the event horizon of a blackhole there is probably a fluid mix of both Fermions and Bosons [imagine a colloidal conglomerate!] and as these stream towards the CoG the density,temperature and pressure all increase which raises the individual particles energy levels and I believe that when such Fermions reach a high enough energy level that they completely transform into pure Bosonic byproducts by crossing an event horizon hidden within the shroud of the visible event horizon. This 2nd event horizon [EH] I will call the Decoupling EH! Beyond which I posit is a Bosonic MASSLESS realm only!

Now befor I start getting ahead of myself by supplying a raft of technical details in support of my argument, I would like to hear from all members who might have a simple bit of info that I may have overlooked in my general explanation that might enhance or trash the hypothesis!

Personal Disclosure: I started this thread in skunkworks due to the as yet NOT proven state of the Higgs field and its force carrier the Higgs Boson. I felt that as I'm spruking a radically different interpretation of the topology of the inside of a blackhole that goes directly against the current paradigm of thought! If it would reside better in the science and technology forum I'm happy for a Mod to do what is required.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The parts where you suppose massive bosons are fermions and that you believe things turn into bosonic byproducts at high enough energy level would be nice to know if it is factual.

I believe a possible part of the answer you failed to mention lies in that the bosons such as photons also cause frame dragging thus distorting spacetime.

Also, is the time dialation so severe that by the time a singularity were to actually form, the universe outside would be infinitely old? It doesn't seem it could collapse that far from our reference frame.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Disclaimer: As above!

Explanation: Time dilation only appears when you put your POV seperate from the particle being acted upon because from the POV of the particle being acted upon time passes normally. GR is only relevent when veiwing the whole picture where as this discussion is deep within the realms of QM so I would posit that you are veiwing the hypothesis from an invalid scale i.e globally where as a valid POV would be more local and internal to the particle and the blackhole!

Slightly off topic but I noticed that when the info for the CMB map was 1st displayed that it looked homogenous and isotropic which fully supports GR but then the technician turned up the CONTRAST IN SCALE i.e a change in POV, and suddenly the inhomogenities and anisotropics became fully apparent and QM was vindicated!
Hmmmm?

Personal Disclosure: Thanks for the info on frame dragging as I was totally unaware of such taking place but could you please elaborate as to how this frame dragging either enhances the hypothesis or puts the kybosh on it. Technical details are most welcome!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Disclaimer: As above!

Explanation: A picture can say a thousand words so I got artistic!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/814484fce965.jpg[/atsimg]

Personal Disclosure: [cough! cough!] Bump! [cough! cough!] Gahhh! Excuse Me! :shk:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Time dilation only appears when you put your POV seperate from the particle being acted upon because from the POV of the particle being acted upon time passes normally. GR is only relevent when veiwing the whole picture where as this discussion is deep within the realms of QM so I would posit that you are veiwing the hypothesis from an invalid scale i.e globally where as a valid POV would be more local and internal to the particle and the blackhole!

Particles are seen to be subject to relativistic effects. Muons created by cosmic ray interaction the upper atmosphere that would under classical mechanics not reach the surface can make it there due to time dialation effects (or from the POV of the muon, length contraction of the atmosphere).

The frame of reference in a black hole is not inertial but accelerated and clocks run more slowly for everything "deeper" in the gravitational field.

Now from a frame of reference falling into the event horizon, the trip would appear to happen very quickly while from outside, whatever is falling in appears to freeze and fade away. Processes inside where space is infinitely curved (or very highly so) would appear to be frozen (or very nearly) from outside.

I'm suggesting that a singularity never forms in the first place before a black hole evaporates, either from the inside or outside reference. The finite lifetime prevents the actual creation of infinite density.

Slightly off topic but I noticed that when the info for the CMB map was 1st displayed that it looked homogenous and isotropic which fully supports GR but then the technician turned up the CONTRAST IN SCALE i.e a change in POV, and suddenly the inhomogenities and anisotropics became fully apparent and QM was vindicated! Hmmmm?

And you see quantum effects stretched to grand scales by spacetime expansion. The contrast in scale in nothing more than amplification of one range of inputs to a wider domain of outputs by greater instrument sensitivity than initial measurements.

Personal Disclosure: Thanks for the info on frame dragging as I was totally unaware of such taking place but could you please elaborate as to how this frame dragging either enhances the hypothesis or puts the kybosh on it. Technical details are most welcome!

I'm supposing that the frame dragging of circulating bosons would prevent the curvature from "straightening out". The energy cannot leave suddenly as the escape velocity is too high anyway. You have to wait for it to bubble back out.

Beh, I suppose I'm arguing the same basic outcome (no singularity) for a different reason-- time dilation along with Hawking radiation.

So what was the point?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Explanation: Shameless bump to try and catch a ride on the coat tails of this recent thread... :shk:

God Particle has been found!!! (by Big Raging Loner) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

join