It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you noticed the number of Déjà-vu incidents decreasing lately?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This being my first thread I believe this is the best spot for it, obviously I could be wrong. So Mods if you can move it I would appreciate that.

As For the issue, I have had several years (since I was 12-13 years old) some if not many déjà-vu incidents. However since the year 2008 I have noticed a severe decrease in the number and power of the déjà-vu incidents.

My question to those who believe in them or have experienced them. Do you notice a decrease in them?

I am just wondering if I am loosing the ability or if something may be wrong, like perhaps we 'by-passed' the end time and are living in borrowed time, or something changed the timeline and now we aren’t seeing them as much because we haven’t lived it before. Whatever is happening I want to at least know I’m not the only one.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Just seems as if my powers have gone or something. For having them for a greater portion of my life and now not being able to do it anymore feels wrong. I figure I need to help myself if I want answers to this. I just hope someone knows something. I want it back.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Actually, I have been having them more often.
I have stolen them from you.

I have at least one occurrence a day.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm having them more often too.
Did you use your powers for personal gain? Maybe you're getting a temporary time-out.
Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Did you overuse them too early on and tap yourself out?
I figured this would be a life-long occurrence since it seems to persist in other family members throughout their entire life-spans but maybe that's not the case for everyone. Interesting....

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by anubis9311

wow, your right! i have not had any in the past year, i use to have tons! i was known as mr. dejavu for having it so much, thanks for pointing it out for me!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You pose an interesting question. It is interesting because I do believe that our time line has altered in a way that has changed what was considered 'normal' up until now. How it has been altered I think differs for everyone and what frequency you are tuned into. But what is detected subtly is something that has changed in ways that we may not be able to pinpoint exactly we just feel it.

Many have been feeling a heightened level of anxiety coupled with an out of balance sensation as well. I think they are all intertwined. Strange times indeed.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well I havent really used it for personnal gain, maybe i did it unintentionally. As for the age I am over 30 so it has been for a majority of my life. Maybe i used up all my tokens for the ride. I am happy I had it once, I'd really like to get it back though.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I usually have tons, too, but I've only had maybe one so far in 2009.

I'm also distracted and stressed, so it might be because of that.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've never liked deja vu. It always creeped me out because I "didnt feel in control". Sounds strange i realize.

I have usually did something to "change" the timeline. I just do something "off the wall" that i wouldnt normally do. Just act goofy, jump up and down, sing something wild...anything.

I hate DV moments. Havent had one in a while thankfully.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
maybe dejavu is a problem in your brain to remember things that you already did ...

failure in memory .. you think it is a dejavu ...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I believe Deja vu experiences are the soul's remembering the life plan review it was given before birth. Like a mile post on a highway it provides evidence your life is on track with the original plan. I had many of them when I was younger but have to admit I have not had one in years that I can recall. I hope this does not mean my life is off track. I hope it is normal to lose the ability to remember the life plan review as we age, else I may be in trouble!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Maybe you crossed into a parallel universe without realizing it and you're not yourself anymore.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
At first I was going to pass on this post, but I got to thinking about it and, yeah, I used to have deja vu frequently from the time I was a little kid through my adult years. Each time would be very memorable because the experience was so intriguing. But I haven't had such an experience in many years now, perhaps 10 years or more. I wonder why? Is it just age? I never heard of deja vu being more common with young people. Hmm.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well I don't think it's possible to calculate the number of accounts decreasing except on a personal basis, I personally experienced déjà vu between the ages of 10 and 25, and not much after, so it could have something to do with brain development itself, and if older people think their having déjà vu maybe their just beginning to have alzheimer's, or maybe déjà vu is related to alzheimer's, who knows.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I have to disagree Razimus. I don't think it has anything to do with alzheimers. If that were true, older people would be having it more. Just from the small sampling here, it appears to be the opposite. Likewise, I disagree with the comments relating it to its being some kind of power, or that it can be "used" somehow.

My understanding and experience is that it is just the uncanny sense that you're reliving some circumstance, or having the same discussion, or some kind of sequence is the same. I don't discount comments here however that it could have some kind of psychic significance. It does seem it could be some kind of transcendental event that reveals a slight desynchronization with the timeline.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I've also noticed a decrease in deja-vu in my life.
However, since then i have noticed a MASSIVE increase in co-incidences. Especially in the past 2 weeks or so.
Strange.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Now that you mention it, i don't remember having any of them either during this year, maybe a couple but i used to have them frequently.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well I am seeing that there does seem to be a difference in the effect this has on people. some seem to be gaining frequency while some like my self seem to be lost. I agree that maybe something has changed, I would like to hopefully one day figure out what has changed and if it is for the better. I just hope that I havent been condemned to live my existance with out this now.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Mine have been happening a lot more often lately (more so the past few months). We all go through periods where it hardly happens for us, and other times it seems to happen every day (or more frequently).

Has anything happened to you around 2008 that changed you (living arrangements, lifestyle, family events, etc) anything could trigger it. Reading your replies, you seem to be negative about the fact that it's not happening (I see you replying you fear you are condemned to live without it). Don't think that way, think positively. The most important thing to remember is "Everything happens for a reason". There may be another reason why the dejavu has disappeared for you. Perhaps you are to learn something new (that will, in turn, let the dejavu to return).

Don't be negative, jealous, etc. All things happen for a reason, seriously they do. Don't let it get you down.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I was just kidding when I called it a "power". I don't actually believe that. Someone did make a good point though. Perhaps it's due to stress. With the economy in the toilet, people are either having strange dreams or they're having trouble remembering them at all. How's your sleep been since you noticed a change? Is your life more stressful than it used to be? Of course, I'm assuming your DV episodes are like mine... dreams that come true, rather than just a sensation that you've been/done somewhere/place/thing before. What were your DV episodes like?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join