It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost captured on camera in Norwich?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Those aren't the original files. Either way, he could have exif disabled on his camera if he's shooting digital.

Who knows, he could even shoot film sometimes.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That's not film for sure. And as far I know there isn't a camera on the market that disables exif.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I'm sorry what I meant was disabled shooting JPEG. Who knows, he could be shooting in a RAW format that isn't embedded with TIFF or JPEG. At that point everyones guess is as good as mine. Or he's shooting JPEG 2000, but with that quality of a photo I doubt it.

We can't really be sure. Especially since we don't actually have the original file that was extracted from the camera. If the photographer sent the image through an older image processing program, that exif data would be gone.

But no haha, you're right you can't disable exif, but I've heard of camera that don't record exif, but those are old, before JEIDA created the format.

I still think it's fake.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes it's very likely that the original is in raw format considering this is a professional photographer. In any case it raises alarms when he has gone trough the trouble of removing the exif data. I don't think he used an older graphics program unless he is a really poor photographer

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I definetly see 2 dancers too, and from what I found on the internet, it seems to be french dancers from the 1800's.

Here's what I found about their clothing around that time, see how it looks exactly the same.

Here, the yellowish shape, which seems like the female dancer, seems to be wearing the third dress.

The black shape, which I think is the male, seem to be wearing exactly this.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Thats a good picture! It's too bad we don't live in an age where photoshop and CGI doesn't exsist.
The phrase "I'll have to see it to believe it" no longer applies today, and it sucks. The sad part about today is there are probably more hoaxers than real people photographing/filming *real* things. They are the sorta dis-info agents in the study of anything paranormal.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I was about 5 year old (1969 way before photoshop) ironically when my mom started telling me "Believe NON of what you hear and only HALF of what you see" So far it has served me well...... Sometimes I wonder if she foresaw things to come lol...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Okay I started this thread now I'm going to take it to the next level.

I did some research the past two days and came up with a good way to vindicate this photo. First, I claim that I see two dancers, I pointed out exactly what leads me to see that in the image.

Now I want to share with you some other photos of dancers and their moves in ballet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ddd355ba2cc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15fcb31c51fc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78da66b16947.jpg[/atsimg]

Okay so we can see how the legs and torsos act when they dance, so it's not out of the ordinary for a body part to look out of proportion since they flex and move in different ways as they dance. But these images show what I was referring to here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92ac91995a00.jpg[/atsimg]

Now for the creepy part. While searching for pictures to make my case I came across this story:

Dancer's Death Shocks Company

This story is from Tuesday, February 24, 2009 and here's a little bit about it:

The Washington Ballet was reeling yesterday from the death of one of its Studio Company members, who was hit by a car on Friday after a performance at Harford Community College in Bel Air, Md.

Mary Saludares, 20, "was one of the most joyful and positive people I've ever met," said Washington Ballet Artistic Director Septime Webre, who heads the small Studio Company, a pre-professional trainee program for young dancers. Less than two weeks ago, local audiences had seen Saludares dance in the corps of the Washington Ballet's performances of "La Sylphide" at the Kennedy Center.

On Friday, Saludares had danced a pas de deux in George Balanchine's "Who Cares?" and returned to her hotel along with staff members and the other Studio Company dancers. The dancers' plan was to spend the rest of the evening watching a movie, ballet officials said yesterday, and Saludares and two other company members decided to walk across the highway to a convenience store for snacks.

They didn't make it. Bel Air police say Saludares dashed in front of an oncoming Chevy Impala about 10 p.m. while crossing Route 24. She was pronounced dead at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center an hour and a half later. The driver was not charged.

Here is a picture of Mary Saludares

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57c202dcfb72.jpg[/atsimg]

And here is where I overlay the image on the ghost image in photoshop.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ef48f7f5b84.jpg[/atsimg]

This was really creepy to me since I was looking for pictures to back up my case and found the story with an image that closely represents what I see in the picture.

Your thoughts?

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 6-8-2009 by gravitybender]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

Cool post Grav! S&F!

I can see where you'd identify the two figures dancing, and I can also see how the ballet dancers pose is similar to the blurred image seen.
I do have an alternative interpretation of the photo however.
I agree that there are two figures. The larger, dark attired one on the left, facing away, and a second, smaller figure, facing us, with it's nearest leg up around the 1st figures waist/hip area, knee up, foot pointing down.
But I see an adult carrying a child. (Possibly dancing?)
You know how you take the weight off of a larger child... you get them to cling to your waist with their legs, supporting the bulk of their weight on your hip, with their arms round your neck?
That's what I'm seeing.
I hope I've described it well enough?
G

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

That theory could be used as well. I definitely think there are two people in this image, one could be a child held by an adult. Good observation!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Looking at the original shape of it I'm not fully convinced it isn't a demon

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join