It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama.....A Righteous Man? A must hear hip-hop song calling Obama out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Recent events centered on the new administration are creating an upheaval in America.

It has reached ATS and I think they are doing the best they can to deal with it.

I present to you, simply a song by an obscure band in Boulder, Colorado that has far reaching social implications.

Warning: potentially offensive language.

A Righteous Man
The play button is at the bottom right hand corner of the picture.

Back up link at the Band's Facebook page:
the Freedom Movement
Click on the "A Righteous Man" track, third from the top.

Listen to the song first, listen to the words, feel it inside you. Then come back here and read the rest of what I have to say.

I feel the power in those words. They come from the heart. They feel lied to. They openly disresepct a man who used and disrespected them.

I think the political strategists and marketers were too good at their jobs this time.
"Change we can Believe in"
and
"Country First"

Those slogans were too good.

Many of us live our lives by those values, we take them seriously.
This time those slogans will not fade away.

No, this time is different
We will not sit back until the next election and vote for one person to solve our problems. We see now that Democrat and Republican politicians are two sides of the same coin.

Obama 2008 Top Camapign Contributors
McCain 2008 Top Campaign Contributors

We come to a question in our lives....What do we stand for?

Does Obama or McCain or Pelosi, Reed, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, John Cornyn, Pete King or any other top political leaders really stand for what you believe in?

Did anyone really believe we had to pass the TARP or the stimulus to save our financial system or where we just hoping that if we sold out our values just a little, they would make our 401k's go back up.

We have come to a time crossroads in History, a time when the values of a few individual's will dramatically shape our future like never before. When being neutral is not good enough.

I do not know how this will all play out, what my personal part in it will be. Whether or not I will always be right.

But,...

I'll tell you this:
I served in the Marines back during the Gulf War. We had music with soul back then. I remember listening to Metalica's "Justice For All" tape on my walkman on auto play (even at night while I slept), working out and training like a physco for the day I would deployed in a CRC.

The wars in Iraq and Afgahnistan have bred no such music. We do not fight with the same passion and soul as the past. We were supposed to support our troops by continuing shopping.

Really?!!
Is that how we won WWII?

There is soul and power in that song. A re-ignition of a passion Americans have that has been dead to for too long. I can, at least, thank Obama for stirring those passions in people. I can tell you I will play a role in our future. I do not know what role it will be but, I choose to not sit idle and let others fight.

I bring this song as a humble gift to the ATS community which was responsible for opening my eyes to a system which has been exploiting us for too long.

As direction to the thread I would like to focus on the Social Implications of the growing opposition to the current administration. Not so much a partisan argument over the merits of policies and issues but to expected and, more importantly, unexpected opposition to those policies and issues.

All feed back is welcome though!

[edit on 4-8-2009 by ActivePatriot]

[edit on 5-8-2009 by ActivePatriot]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Excellent thread! I have to admit, im not into hiphop anymore, but that song I liked. Your thread is exactly what ive been wanting to get off my chest for awhile as well.

Originally posted by ActivePatriot
I'll tell you this:
I served in the Marines back during the Gulf War. We had music with soul back then. I remember listening to Metalica's "Justice For All" tape on my walkman on auto play (even at night while I slept), working out and training like a physco for the day I would deployed in a CRC.

The wars in Iraq and Afgahnistan have bred no such music. We do not fight with the same passion and soul as the past. We were supposed to support our troops by continuing shopping.

Another great point, the music of today is really lacking. not in just content but talent, most of what you hear on the radio just sounds digital and repetitive... Why does everybody have to have a computerized harmony in their vocals now?
Justice for all, great album by the way. But god some of the new album sounds like a recycled mix of their greatest hits.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Baby can you dig your pres? He's a righteous man!
M-o-o-n, that spells compulsary vaccination, laws yes!

Actually, as I've stated ad nauseum elsewhere I find Obama a dwindled, rather pathetic symbol of a dwindled institution (the preseidency) that has less power than it has since the days of, say, Rutherford B. Hayes, and a nation whose international clout is dwindling even faster.

I picked Hayes not quite at random...him and the string of nabobs who came after him were glorified CEOs who presided over strong corporate power ("the guilded age") when the Rockafellers and Mellons raked in billion and five-year-old kids worked in coalmines. These preseidents weren't the real power, and neither is Obama...he's a freaking sock-puppet for TBTB. Take all the attention you direct at "Obama" (be it positive or negative attention) and turn it to Goldman Sachs, the IMF, the Shanghai Treaty organizations, developments around the gas and oil patches of central Asia, the performance of bonds (especially foreign ownership of bonds), moves in China and Russia...do all this and I guarantee you'll actually be an order of magnitude or so closer to who really runs the show, rather than focusing on the silly old Obama puppet show.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
"Baby can you dig your man?

He's a righteous man,

Baby can you dig your man?"

Written by the character Larry in Steven Kings: The Stand.

Who coincidentally moved to Boulder after the plague.

Kinda odd huh?

Edit to add: HA! Silent Thunder got it too! hehehehehehe

[edit on 4-8-2009 by midnightbrigade]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by patientobserver

Thank you,

Another great point, the music of today is really lacking. not in just content but talent

I know, it's not that there is no talent out there either. Most radio stations are controlled by conglomerates and mass marketing rules the day.

Songs with real heart and soul, speaking of the issues of the day may "alienate" or "offend" someone so they are not marketable.

After leaving the military, I went a few years feeling no purpose in my life. I yearned for the sense of duty I felt when I was in the Marines.

Americans have gone too many years without any real purpose larger then themselves. It's songs like this one that will re-ignite that purpose.

That to me is the importance of the song.
Not whether it's for or against Obama but, a return to the feeling that America was created as a good and just Country and we need to fight for it.

Apathy is indeed dangerous.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Actually, as I've stated ad nauseum elsewhere I find Obama a dwindled, rather pathetic symbol of a dwindled institution (the preseidency) that has less power than it has since the days of, say, Rutherford B. Hayes, and a nation whose international clout is dwindling even faster.

I agree and disagree at the same time. I agree that He as an indivdual is very much controlled by outsiders, a position I think he embraces. But the Office of the Presidency heads the Executive branch which has grown in power substantially. (In large part thanks to Bush).

He has not reversed this power grab, he has embraced and expanded it.
Obama appoints 34 Czars to date
They are not confirmed by the Senate and effectively expand the power of the executive branch.

It would be harder to take down the companies who control our politicians than to take down the politicians themselves.

Why? Because companies are entitled to the same privacy as individuals are. It is much easier to force disclosure on public officials than private individuals.

If you have a way to get to the companies, I'm all ears.

Spelling

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
That came out of Boulder?!?!!!

Haha for those who don't live here or don't know, Boulder had a lot of Obama supporters. Same goes for here, up in Fort Collins.

Anyway that is not the type of Hip Hop song you hear every day. Granted some songs are out there with good messages but that is by far the strongest hip hop song I've ever heard.

I, like many of you are disappointed in the talent and lyrical messages of today's Pop music. Very little is worth hearing anymore. I guess that's why I stride to the Contemporary Classical music.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

That came out of Boulder?!?!!!

Haha for those who don't live here or don't know, Boulder had a lot of Obama supporters. Same goes for here, up in Fort Collins.

Yes,

That is a big part of why I think this song is important.

A local band with local venues doing a song like this in a liberal town.
I wonder what type of response they have when they perform it there?

It suggests a displeasure within Obama's base that you don't hear in mainstream media. Maybe the young vote is not blindly in his corner. Maybe they are idealists who expected him to fulfill his promises.

A powerful group of people who are not yet used to the people they voted for screwing them over.

BYT:
Fort Collins is a cool town, know quite a few people there.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ActivePatriot

Your very right, I was thinking it was a pro Obama song at first then listened to it and was like, really this song's from Boulder?

Me being a young voter as well was totally torn between who I should vote for, but really kind of felt I would be betrayed either way. I guess my friends didn't see it though. My friends who voted for him, still like him, but I definitely see a waning in the support for him. I think the young people (who lived through the disappointing Bush years) are what got Obama elected, now seeing he hasn't kept his word, are starting to do what we do best, rebel.

Yeah I definitely prefer Fort Collins but Boulder is a cool town too, and I have a lot of College friends down there, and most of them are Hippie-ish but I guess not all Hippie town people like Obama!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

I think the young people (who lived through the disappointing Bush years) are what got Obama elected, now seeing he hasn't kept his word, are starting to do what we do best, rebel.

Very, very true.
I wonder if the political strategists ever anticipated this turn of events when they failed to deliver what they promised?

Personally, I don't think so. I think insiders have been there so long, they are over-confident because they've been through so many things like this before.

Their mistake though.
Things are different this time. Out in the real world you can feel rumblings of it. I don't think they feel it in their circles.

Same thing in the republican Party. Absolutely no party leadership there right now. They don't know how to deal with it. They are so far removed from blood and sweat Republicans that they are not sure what part of the party to play to.

I've got a simple answer for them.
Do your job for the American people and do it well. Soon, no amount of corporate campaign money in the world will save you from our wrath if you screw us over.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Combine this song, the Obama Joker picture and Obama's policies right now and you have a start of a movement.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ActivePatriot

Really? How so? I mean how far up on the totem pole do you think Obama is?

My understanding is that he is no where near the top, just like bush and almost every other president. They are puppets....after all, that song comes from a site called Telepromter President. That's what they all are. They take directives from much higher ups.

IMO people look to start the revolution in the wrong place. Start the revoultion in your mind. Then expand.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

Really? How so? I mean how far up on the totem pole do you think Obama is?

My understanding is that he is no where near the top, just like bush and almost every other president. They are puppets....after all, that song comes from a site called Telepromter President. That's what they all are. They take directives from much higher ups.

We don't have undeniable proof that he is a tool for "higher ups". Until there is such proof, and it is widely known and accepted, you must go after the public face.

The Executive Branch is the Hammer, the branch responsible for enforcing the laws of the United States. The office that commands the military and directs foreign policy.

If you don't know who is swinging the Hammer, you need to get control of the Hammer itself. In the process, it is likely you will find out who was swinging it at you.

See what I mean?

Digging for answers is great, don't get me wrong. We need people to dig and investigate. But, that's not enough.

Me, I deal with what I have available right now. If I don't know who is swinging the hammer, I will go after the Hammer itself. This may expose who is swinging it. If they replace the Hammer, this may also expose them.

If you downplay Obama's role as just a puppet and do nothing to counter him, you will get hit by the Hammer.

Pure and simple.

top topics

join