It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outside Interference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Okay guys, before I start this thread I want to say catagorically that I am not 100% convinced that what I am about to discuss is actually going on. (Perhaps 5% hehe)

This is my story about something that occurred in my life and some strange things that have happened in relation to those events.

Growing up I came from an interesting family background, elements of my immediate family were pretty heavily involved in organized crime and other elements of my family were barely involved with my upbringing.

After graduating HS, I decided that I wanted to make my own way in the world and not be constrained to my bloodline (some of you will understand that statement). It took me about 6-10 months to completely nose dive and realize that something had to be changed in order for me to have a successful life.

So, without further option, I decided to join the military and get the hell out of dodge. I went to the local recruiter and told him that I was ready to sign up and ship out. I signed up with an intended Intel job. I was placed on the "waiting list". I can't recall the Army's name for it but its a program that they place you on until your ship out date comes. Anyway, while I was on the program alot of weird things happened. Things in my life changed dramatically and I decided to tell the Army to *uck off. They didn't really appreciate it my telling them to *uck off and threatened me with legal action and so forth but eventually left me alone. Kind of.

Suddenly, I hit rock bottom again. For about six months I continued to drag along and it seemed that nothing was working out despite my best efforts. So, I decided to join the Air Force. I signed up for an Airborne Linguist position and soon shipped out to Basic.

While in BMT, there were a few strange things that happened. First, my training instructor/drill sergeant was doing his rounds yelling at everyone for whatever reason, and when he came to my bunk he leaned in and said in a low voice, "I know all about you already, don't think for a moment that you have any special treatment here."

WTF??? I was thinking to my self, WTF is this guy talking about special treatment?? And what does he know about me? #, I just met this guy two days ago. Needless to say I was pretty confused but eventually stopped thinking about it.

The next strange thing happened about 4 weeks into training. There was one individual who was sent back to our training flight from another group. (recycled) Supposedly, he had done something wrong and they made he start over again or something. Anyway, the Training Instructor put him in charge of my element. At some point the "new" trainee decided that I was on his # list. So one day, the TI calls me into his office and tells me that the "new" trainee reported me for cussing at him and that I would be subject to extra training. I was clueless about the infraction and set out to gathering statements from the whole flight that ran contrary to the accusation. This was not really in my normal personality because I was usually very non confrontation. That was beginning to change. Ultimately, the TI never spoke of the incident again.

The final strange occurrance happened during my 5th week of training. We were all sent to different areas to discuss our different careers with "counselors". I was taken to a small room with a desk and a "counselor". The counselor and I talked about my future job as a linguist. I am not sure what occured in the conversation but I left that room convinced that I must not become a linguist.

I was then sent to another small room with a catolog of different jobs and was told to pick another job. I selected three choices and passed them to the counselor. The counselor then told me that my choices were unacceptable and that the Air Force would assign me to a job of their choosing. It was all quite intimidating so I just went with the flow.

I ended up in some maintenance job and sent a Tech School in FL.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
thats very strange man,so in the end they really decide if they want someone to prosper..the gov

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The tech school was located on the same naval base where some Spec Ops training also takes place. Within the first couple of weeks I was put in a leadership position and given some authority. Which was cool because I was pretty gungho about the whole military thing at the time.

The next part is where things got very strange. I was involved in a freak accident on base. As a result of the accident, I was left with what the doctors called a severe "double" concusion and I suffered from complete amnesia for about two weeks. To this day I can only remember small flashes of my time in the hosipital and even those memories are very blurry.

After that period of time, my personality changed dramatically. I was no longer shy and non confrontational but now I was more sly, sneaky, devious, and quite confrontational. I was no longer concerned about authority and I didnt really care what the leadership thought of my actions. Ultimately, I resigned from my leadership position and started a sorta rogue leadership group that I disguised as a fundraising group. The reality was that I was tired of oppressive leadership and wanted to quietly create an opposition to those leaders. So I created "The counsel" to raise money to "buy a pool table." Of course that wasnt the real motivation behind growing the organization. Within a month I had over 3/4 of the trainees on board and the previously installed "trainee leaders" no longer had control. (Pretty ridicoulous feat for a shy kid from the country.)

Eventually, I finished training and due to "unexpected delays" (Still not clear on what the delays were.)I was put on an administrative hold for 2 months before finally recieving orders to ship out to an overseas base.

Almost as soon as I arrived on base things started getting crazy. I was accused of several minor infractions (which, with the exception of one, did not occur) and soon my commander decided that I should be discharged. He was pushing for an Other than Honorable but someone above him put the breaks on him and I was pushed out with a General Discharge that was upgradable to Honorable.

Inexplicably, I decided to stay overseas and continue to live just outside of the base. During that time I was employed as a Bouncer at a local night club and I was in frequent contact with the OSI agents from base. I never understood why we would always meet up and chit chat but it just seemed correct.

I soon got into the first fist fight of my life. A customer in the bar pushed my buttons and I just unleashed hell. Like I said, this was my first fight ever yet upon watching the CCTV tapes it seemed as if I had some formal training as I really did a number on the guy. After the fight I started shaking severely for around an hour. I could not think straight and I could not stop my body from trembling. A few of my friends tried to speak with me but I could not carry a coherent conversation. I was soon arrested and taken to the local police station for questioning. After a short while, in walked several officials from the AF base and no more questions were asked and I was free to go.

Within six months of that incident I was strongly encouraged/ compelled to leave that country and move to another foreign locale. Which is where I am now.

These days I am always guarded and sometimes find myself feeling a heightened level of awareness. I frequently brush up on survival skills and physically train on the regular basis. My personality is confrontational to a degree and people tell me that I having a "chilling" way about me. There is a very noticable difference in my personality now.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by KingPen]

[edit on 4-8-2009 by KingPen]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I am not sure what happened through the course of the military time. I dont know if I really screwed something up when I was injured or if I am part of some kind of project. There are certain things that would lead me towards thinking that perhaps I was involved in some sort of project but the realistic side of me is extremely doubtful. In my opinion I probably messed something up during the accident but that still leaves alot of strange questions to be answered.

Has anyone heard of anything like this?
Projects of that nature?
Or side effects from a head injury?
Govt programs?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
baybe the accident made u think you shouldnt waste your life being shy or pushy or like you said.im exactly the same you sound like how i would do,shy but when provoked u get and wreak havok,most of shy guis are like this,and usualy the shy people secretly plan stuff...like your group,its in our blood,other than that,maybe an experiment maybe your wright

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I know what your saying, perhaps I didnt explain it well enough, its hard to describe. There was no intentional change and there was no transitional period nor introspection involved. Immediately after I recovered, I was not the same person. It was a dramatic, immediate change. I was no longer shy or quiet. That part of me was completely gone.

Another interesting note, is that when I was going through the discharge process the AF refused to release my medical records and my psych records. (The made me under go a few psych evals when I was being discharged)

No matter how hard I pushed, they refused to release the records. So eventually I said whatever and just let it go.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
life is funny some times. maybe you just had a very unique set of circumstances. I have this calming effect on people around me also, and have had unexpected last minute saves, where most would crash and burn, woops Colonel gets a reprieve, or leaves seconds before the cops show up, that kinda stuff.

Like i said life plays tricks on some of its creations. Learn to embrace them. When I get deja vu, i can tell the future now, because i speak it out as it happens and i say things before they happen. pretty cool actually. but i get deja vu less often these days...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
OP, you said you had concussion due to an accident about which you have no memory ? This was early in your posts, right ?

First, you should explore the traditional explanations, one of which is possibility of personality-change after a 'severe' head injury (and I guess concussion would qualify as 'severe').

Some people emerge after head-injury pretty much the same as before, or at least in their own and other's estimation. Whereas you may be one of those who did change to some degree.

Are you able to obtain copies of your service records, at least as pertains to the concussion? Otherwise you could get a doctor's referral for a brain-scan (MRI ?). It could be that you have a lesion as result of the injury which caused the concussion.

It would be handy if you were able to access your records, because they may contain details of the accident, which you say you can't remember.

I'd be going for the traditional options first, as head injuries and concussions are relatively common and the knowledge base surrounding these is comprehensive.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I agree with you. Its the rational side of me that says that its more than likely something related to the head injury. But unfortunately, I have no access to the medical records nor psych records.

The only information that I have was relayed by my commander after the accident. I was told that I hit my head on a steel storm drain and that I was unresponsive for quite a while. I remember fading in and out consciousness while in the hospital but I can't recall any details about it.

I really want to get to the bottom of this because the whole experience causes me to be very uncomfortable.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Great thread, thanks for bringing this into the open. Makes me want to relate a tale that I have thus far only told one person in my life. It bears some semblance to yours.

Forgive me if this comes across a bit disjointed, as I have been awake for about sixteen hours on only four hours of sleep and my brain is mush.

All of my life I wanted to be an Infantry soldier, however being raised in a family of doctors who were hippies, my parents discouraged the idea. They did not object to me joining the Army National Guard when I was 17 years old, however, and said they would sign the parental permission form as long as it wasn't for the Infantry MOS. I had scored very high on the ASVAB, a 98 or 99 as I recall, and I qualified for MI, however the recruiter encouraged me to become an MP and join a newly re-formed MP Company nearby. So I did.

Now, my main interest in suppressed knowledge-type topics and visiting ATS, is mainly regarding tangible government activities. I have almost no interest in the paranormal, UFOs, aliens, etc. However I can not deny what happened to me, and it is truly outside of the normal realm of my usual interests and research here on ATS. So for all I know, it is something that has happened to others and has been covered elsewhere on ATS, I have just never found any references to this.

This was just the first of a series of strange events that happened involving my time as an MP (I eventually fulfilled my dream and went Infantry a few years later), however I believe it is the most significant and the only one I feel comfortable discussing on a public forum.

When I went to MEPS for the first time for my initial processing, I had the first, last, and only missing time experience that I know of in my life. It haunts me to this day because I have absolutely no idea what happened. I remember that at lunchtime we were given coupons for either free or discounted lunch at a few local restaurants. I believe we were told to be back in an hour, and I headed toward the elevator (MEPS was on the fifth floor of a downtown office building, as I recall) with a group of people who said they were going to the nearest restaurant, which was just across the street. I remember agreeing to go with them (we were all new recruits going through MEPS...or so it appeared...I have no reason to think otherwise) and walking toward the elevator. For some reason I remember what the two people directly in front of me looked like. And that's it, I have absolutely no memory of the following few hours, or even making it onto the elevator. The next conscious thought I had was finding myself in the recruiter's government sedan heading through a rural town on our way back to the highway that evening. Not a word was said and no explanation was ever offered to me. All of my belongings were in the recruiter's car and it was as if nothing unusual happened. I had no known injuries, marks, or oddities on my body or clothing.

While I do not feel comfortable sharing other things that happened during the early days of my military service, a combination of other events leads me to conjecture that someone, somewhere selected me to become proficient at certain skills that were in high demand in the MP Corps. My parents were both psychologists and I sometimes wonder if they had anything to do with it. A doctor that my father once shared a practice with is a person whose name appears as being suspected of being connected to some mind control experiments, and I remember playing "games" with him as a child when I went to visit my father at work, "games" that I now know were possibly testing my reaction to things, like Rorschach ink blots and whatnot. Then again, it could have been completely innocent childhood curiosity about some of the things in the office, and the doctor was just showing them to me.

Nevertheless, the skills that I believe I was hand-picked to learn, are the skills that have landed me the dream job I have today, and I sometimes wonder if someone or some agency somewhere had me chosen for this particular path in life from an early age, or possibly only once I joined the military.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You comments are very interesting because I also have childhood memories of sitting down with a friend of my father's who is also a psychologist. It's also somewhat ironic that you mentioned having very high ASVAB score, as that is the same case with me. I remember all the tests I had to do when I went to MEPS...not really a great memory.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Dredging this thread back up from the dead because of some events going on in my life recently that have brought me back to ATS, and that I am seeing others share as well. I do not feel comfortable getting into detail at this time, however the events all seem to trace their roots back to the incident I described above during my MEPS initial processing.

I wonder if KingPen is still around here?

Does anyone have any similar experiences or insight to add into this discussion?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KingPen

Sounds like a combination of standard military training tatics and influence to push you into a job where they have a shortage of people. They do these things to take your character to breaking limit so that they can "build you up from scratch" to their liking I suppose.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ok here is the problem I have with this story. It's all written by you. So all of the "facts" come from you. And you seem like a less than credible person.

Your background is questionable. We just have to take your word for it. Most of it sounds like trumped up garbage. But that is just the impression I get.

When you intially planned to join the Army, you had signed the contract and were placed in the Delayed Entry Program. I was in the same thing when I joined the Navy. The difference is that you changed your mind and breached that contract. Highly frowned upon. However, you hadn't been processed through MEPS yet, so it was still possible to back out.

In Air Force Basic Training, we again have to take your word for it. Quite possibly, the instructor was referring to your former attempt to join the Army and your attitude problem. Unless of course you have a high ranking family member. We had a few in Navy bootcamp who were the sons of Admirals, Captains, and Master Chiefs. A few others went to military schools or ROTC programs. They tended to get harassed a bit more than the rest of us.

We also had people get rolled back somewhat frequently for a variety of reasons. A few attempted to get out of their contracts by injuring themselves. Some had huge attitude problems and kept picking fights.

Now if you were sent to the career counselor, then your position as a linguist was not in your contract. So you were told to choose a job. Qualification for these jobs depends solely on your ASVAB scores. Now it sounds like you weren't qualified for much. So they put you were they needed somebody. This is a fairly common occurrance.

Now the technical school you were sent to was at Pensacola Naval Air Station. It is NOT used for special operations training in any way. It is primarily where the Navy sends their people to "A" school for job training in aviation. It is also used to train Marines, Coast Guard, and Air Force in aviation careers.

After completing your training, you were placed on hold. This is common. I went through the same thing, waiting over a month to be assigned to my first command in Japan.

Now if you were threatened with a OTH discharge, you did something fairly bad. I knew people when I was in who were given an OTH discharge for a variety of reasons ranging from severe drinking problems, drug overdoses, all the way up to stealing a full sized fishing boat (and crashing it), breaking and entering, or attempting to steal a monkey. They are also common. But there is always a reason for them. I was almost given one for nearly beating somebody to death once but was given 2 weeks in CCU instead.

If you were given a general discharge, it was probably just an attitude problem. You weren't a good fit for the Air Force.

The rest of the story is something we will have to take your word for. Sounds like crap to me, but that is just my impression.

I know my personality changed quite a bit when I was in because I was in amazing shape for the first time in my life. I felt invincible up until I ruined my knee and shoulder during special warfare training. Really puts a damper on things. But the experience itself is enough to change a man. Boot Camp, Training, your first command, these experiences affect everyone.

You get thrown into a new element where you must interact with people in close quarters. All shyness and sense of privacy usually is the first thing to disappear.

new topics

top topics

join