It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several shot, 4 dead at a gym in Bridgeville, PA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Okay this sounds weird but...

There is a school of thought that these sorts of events happen (some people think induced by mind control) as a means of releasing negative energy that has been building in the populace. It's thought to be ritualistic.

There's been a lot simmering and festering issues in last few weeks. I'm just saying...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Wow, the world today seems filled with random acts of violence. This is very sad for the families to say the least, to just go to the gym for a regular routine you do everyday and that be the last thing you do ever makes one really take a look at their own mortality. Something you would never have a thought about being possibly fatal, something you would expect to be able to go home to your friends and family and see them again and just like that your life is over.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Collapse Psychosis

It's real. Every week there's a horror story.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Heard some scope that one of the 4 victims at St. Clair has died

EDIT: KDKA confimed one of them DOA to St. Clair Hospital

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Greenblaz]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

If only this negative energy would be directed toward some of the crooks and thugs that are in our...dare I say it...never mind. Instead of innocent people.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

But wouldn't that create even more negative energy?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

But wouldn't that create even more negative energy?

Crap! Seems like a vicious cycle.
Lose/Lose

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

It is never good to resort to the level of those we dispose as it just adds to the problem.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Damnit, I hate to even think it (
Not really)... But why do I keep hearing of these things happening near Virginia? Langley, Virginia?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

It is never good to resort to the level of those we dispose as it just adds to the problem.

From "Collapse Psychosis" Thanks Kosmicjack, good read so far.
For those who are and have been collapse-aware for some time, it is important not only to make sense of the epidemic violence, but to incorporate skillful responses to it.

I'm still reading this link, but if it comes down to you and yours there's really no choice.
I hope we never have to find out but it's better to be prepared and not need it. Right.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Wow, this is like 20 minutes from my house. I live in a small town outside of Pittsburgh and I think this is just awful. It really does seem like more and more people are just getting so fed up with their lives that they feel that innocent people don't deserve to live either. Now, I don't want to really bring in much discussion about 2012 and what's happening with these people, but there has been some comments that if we are working towards a zero point or singularity, then there's people who won't be able to handle the vast amount of changes and that's why they seem to go insane and do these mass shootings. That could explain why there's been an increased amount of these especially in the past few years. It's just a thought though, I'm not saying there's any truth whatsoever that that's what's occurring.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Guns, Drugs and Murder/Suicides

While some details will always vary, this latest mass-murder/suicide seems to follow a well-established pattern that has become almost numbingly commonplace in recent years.

Naturally, the horrific violence that shootings embody tends to grab the spotlight, but what actually motivates people to kill several others then kill themselves -- to such an amazing degree of uniformity, almost as if acting from a common script, tends to get lost in the shuffle.

Guns are, of course, a common factor in mass shootings, but to debate the issue in ignorance of other common factors is to ensure the underlying causes are never addressed. With so many shootings over such a wide geographical area over such a long period of time, other common factors begin to emerge upon closer scrutiny.

The most notable of them is the connection to antidepressant drugs.

When this connection is mentioned, what usually results is a chicken-and-egg argument about whether antidepressants cause violent behavior or are unfairly implicated because naturally violent or psychotic individuals may tend to disproportionately receive antidepressant treatment as part of their therapy.

What's missing is a proven connection, but rigorous, unbiased scientific studies of the connection don't happen on their own. Exacerbating the problem is the fact that interested parties, such as pharmaceutical companies and law enforcement agencies, either lack the incentive (i.e., potentially proving one's own profitable products to cause homicidal behavior, leading to massive lawsuits and possible criminal liability) or the means (i.e., funding and jurisdictional limitations for law enforcement agencies) to conclusively study the phenomenon.

That doesn't mean some rather striking patterns have gone unnoticed, however. A simple Google search yields quite a bit of "chatter" on the subject:

Google: mass shootings antidepressants

A broader search yields a broader discussion:

Google: violence antidepressants

And, though still somewhat sparse and inconclusive:

Google: violence antidepressants study

Meanwhile, guns alone don't seem to be the deciding factor, as even in Japan, a relatively pacifistic, gun-free society, problems are surfacing:

Google: violence antidepressants japan

The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare considers the problem significant enough to require warnings on SSRIs, commenting "There are cases where we cannot rule out a causal relationship [of hostility, anxiety, and sudden acts of violence] with the medication."

While there is still some debate about whether antidepressants actually increase the risk of violent behavior in patients, the pattern is becoming clear enough that an honest evaluation of the mass shooting/suicide phenomenon without considering the potential contributory effect of antidepressant drugs is no longer possible.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This is also a few miles form my house, and I know people who attend that gym regularly. Chilling to hear it on the news last night. Reading his blog, was also frightening. Total anger, bitterness and outright madness. Seemed to carry himself off at work and around others, which was astounding. My heart goes out to the families and loved ones. The uncertainty of these types of acts can really make you uneasy.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well seems more has now come to light on this shooter,

The man is alleged to be George Sodini a 48 year old PA, Who blogs on line and kept a chilling online dairy right up till the day of his plan,

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

My grandmother lives in Bridgeville. Stuff like this just doesn't happen in da burgh. So sad.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This is just my thought about the AD medications.

It has been estimated that many more people have bipolar disorder then are diagnosed.

If you have bipolar disorder, anti depressants can make you go manic, way manic. Some psychologists actually use this as a diagnostic tool to seperate bpd from other disorders. If the person goes wonkers, they know it is bpd.

I am not suggesting people be afraird of those with bpd. Just like women who suffer from ppd are not going to kill their kids. YOu have a few that suffer severly.

BPD has a 25% suicide rate. It is never taken seriously enough. Despite what people think, most sufferers don't kill themselves in the depressive state, but in the manic state. Because when a bp sufferer is manic, they lose control, can't make rational decisions, have loss of impulse control, and tend to do really crazy things, for lack of a better word.

If properly medicated bp sufferers can lead healthy, normal lives. If improperly medicated, it can be disasterous.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...
He had four handguns on him when he died (he was dressed all in black, including a black headband). Police searched his home and found four rifles and shotguns.

The all-black dress is a sign to those "in the know" that the shooter is a NWO mind-controlled zombie(though sometimes they dress in camo too).

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Evidently, Sodini was heavily influenced by someone named Don Steele. A creepy self-help peddler for lonely guys who offers seminars on how to date young women.

slog.thestranger.com...

George Sodini had a guru—not a murder-and-mayhem guru, but a love-and-romance guru.

The clues are in the videos Sodini posted to YouTube. In the first video Sodini is showing us—or whoever the video was made for—around his two-bedroom ranch-style home. If you look at the books on his coffee table, which Sodini takes a moment to point out, one is titled Date Young Women: For Men Over 35. Sodini says "we're all familiar with" the books. Date Young Women: For Men Over 35—has there ever been a creepier title?—was written by R. Don Steele, a figure in the "seduction community," and was published by "Steel Balls Press." R. Don Steele also maintains a website, SteelBalls.com, where he sells his books. SteelBalls.com. A quick click through to SteelBalls.com makes it clear that Steele traffics in—and profits from—instilling false hopes in losers like George Sodini.

Bizarre. So this guy Steele emphasizes a man's right to date younger women and not settle for anything less.

This really bothers me. I have several male friends and a family member who think they should be dating very attractive and/or very young women - attributes they can't claim for themselves. I'm sure many of you know people like that as well, male or female. They set impossible standards for dating that have pretty much left them alone and lonely in life.

Obviously every lonely guy isn't going to be a killer but certainly many if not most notorious killers have been lonely or emotionally isolated in some way. It seems that something about our society is producing this behavior at an increasing rate. We're pervasively connected by technology at every turn yet isolated by that same technology because it allows people - like Sodini - to rely on the internet for their social interactions and expectations.

For instance- Facebook and MySpace. It's not real. It's marketing. It's what people want you to see of their lives - it's the "best of" - not how they are day to day. But lonely and misguided people like Sodini, people with poor real life social skills, see it as a reality that they can't measure up to. Some internalize that ineptitude until they snap. Of course they don't all kill but people these days sure are doing more and more crazy stuff for attention and validation.

I fear regular, everyday modern American life played a big part in this guy's unraveling and it makes me very concerned for our future.

[edit on 7/8/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I had predicted that the shooter would have had some sort of contact with police before the shooting. I was right:

www.pittsburghlive.com...
Port Authority police questioned George Sodini five days before his shooting spree at a Collier gym in connection to a report of a man holding a grenade on a bus, a Port Authority spokesman said.

A witness told police he was sitting in the back of the 33X, also known as the West Busway route, on July 28 when a man opened a laptop briefcase and removed what appeared to be a hand grenade, said agency spokesman Jim Ritchie.

"It's real," Ritchie said the man told the witness before asking if he wanted to hold it. The witness declined and deboarded Downtown.

"This, of course, terrified the guy," Ritchie said.

Emotionally shaken, the witness called Port Authority shortly after noon to report the incident, Ritchie said.

The witness told police he recognized the man as someone who boards at the same Carnegie bus station as him several times a week. He described the individual as being in his 30s, medium build, with balding light hair who frequently carried an iPod and wore white wrap-around headphones around his neck, Ritchie said.

Port Authority police staked out bus stations for two days. On July 30, a sergeant saw a man he thought matched the description at the Bell Station in Carnegie. The man identified himself as Sodini, 48, of Scott, Ritchie said, but denied ever carrying a grenade on the bus. The officer searched his bag but found nothing.

Having nothing to hold him on, the officer took Sodini's photograph, Ritchie said. The witness could not positively identify the man in the photo as being the same man who had the grenade, Ritchie said.

Port Authority officials turned over their records to Allegheny County police after Sodini walked into LA Fitness in the Great Southern Shopping Center on Aug. 4 and opened fire on a group of women in an aerobics class. ....

County police searched Sodini's house but did not find a grenade, although Assistant Superintendent James Morton said investigators found documents in which Sodini wrote about having an inert grenade on a bus.

"That's how we believe it was him," Morton said.

-----------

Very odd that Sodini would not have mentioned this little incident on his blog. It reminds me of all those "second Oswalds" running around Dallas before the JFK assassination, acting in ways that would draw attention to them.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well this story has come and gone from the msm, no questions asked. But there is still a lot we don't know:

The Unanswered Questions of the Pittsburgh Fitness Club shooting

--What do we really know about the alleged shooter, George Sodini? We are told he hated women, based solely on his alleged blog postings, though he mostly bemoaned his lack of sex on his blog, without any of the frothing hatred of the opposite sex that one might expect.

--What did he do before he went to work for the law firm of K&L Gates in 1999? That part of his life is completely absent from official accounts. Was he a veteran of the military, as I suspect?

--Was Sodini taking anti-depressant type drugs, as have most of these random shooter types in past decade?

--Why did we hear nothing from his co-workers, friends, or family members as to Sodini's character?

--Why did earwitnesses report about 8-15 shots, when police said 52 shell casing were found on the scene? Why did an eyewitness say he was carrying a short-barrelled rifle, not the pistols that police say he carried in? Did Sodini have gunshot residue on his hands and clothing? Were his fingerprints found on the guns left at the scene?

--Many of the wounded were shot multiple times, which probably means the three dead were also shot more than once. Which means the killer was a trained marksman with considerable skill with his weapons. Did Sodini have the wherewithall to do this?

--Sodini apparently brandished a dummy grenade on a bus five days before the shooting. Why did he not mention on his blog being searched by the police after this incident? Was the Department of Homeland Security notified of this incident? Did the feds become involved before the shooting? Is it just coincidence that his employer K&L Gates has close links with the intelligence community and is actively seeking new contracts with the DHS for their clients?

--Police initially were searching for another suspect. Did they find out which of the wounded victims left a trail of blood out the door of the club into a nearby hillside? Police have identified only four of the nine wounded victims. Was there a male who was also wounded?

-Why did police claim that the suspect said that he intended to kill a lot of people in a cell phone conversation with his mother just before the shooting, and then hastily denied they ever said that the next day?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join