It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several shot, 4 dead at a gym in Bridgeville, PA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

People shot at a gym in Bridgeville, PA,

As many as 15 people were reported shot at the LA Fitness gym in Bridgeville, emergency officials confirmed for WTAE Channel 4 Action News.

The reports came in shortly after 8:15 p.m. that authorities were called to the gym at the Great Southern Shopping Center at 1155 Washington Pike. Emergency officials said eight to 10 people may have been involved, but their conditions were not immediately known.
More info and links will follow,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thepittsburghchannel.com...

[edit on 4-8-2009 by asala]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Im not to sure what has happened yet but i will be updating as soon as i can get more info about this event,
But so far im hearing that 15 people may have been shot at a gym in Bridgenville PA,

Im looking up more info but this is Breaking news and it may take a good few moments for this news to hit the net in full,

Other reports are saying that 8 have been shot,

Waiting on confirmation on this event....

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
UPDATE: According to KDKA-TV 4 people are thought to have been killed in this shooting and that may include the killer, Not confirmed,

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Prayers for the families of the slain.

'roid rage?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well this is weird, it seems everyone is going psycho nowadays. What the hell is going on?

May the people who died rest in peace, and I hope the injured people get better.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

You said :
'roid rage?

Since it's a gym, anabolic steroids could be involved, but my gut says antidepressants are even more likely -

Were Antidepressants An Accomplice In The VTech Massacre?

By Mike Adams
4-18-7

The Chicago Tribune reports that Cho Seung Hui, the Virginia Tech shooter who killed 32 fellow students in a shooting rampage, was taking antidepressant drugs. This is not the first time a school shooting rampage has been linked to antidepressants. The infamous Colombine High shootings took place almost exactly eight years ago, and the shooters in that rampage were also -- you guessed it -- taking antidepressant drugs. What is it about antidepressant drugs that provokes young men to pick up pistols, rifles and shotguns, then violently assault their classmates? Clearly, there's something wrong with the mind of anyone who engages in such violent acts. Could the drugs be "imbalancing" their minds, priming them for violence?

Source : rense.com

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Oh great, the latest trend in random mass shootings. We've evolved from the school, to the mall, now to the gym. The real question that should be on everyone's mind is: How long til this spreads to the DMV, the one place where people might actually welcome being shot?

All joking aside, the pattern is here smacking everyone in the face. Some people are unhappy about an aspect of their life. Something is making them hate it so much that they will think nothing of taking 10-30 innocent people down with them. A mass shooter has the same mentality as the random serial killer (as far as I can tell). Everyone is equally as unimportant in their eyes.

I'd like to know the age of the suspect. If I am to guess before all the information comes forward, I'd put them in the 18-30 demographic. I'm not sure what exactly is the root cause of everything, but something is belittling the value of human life in more than a few people's eyes. We must find the cause of this and get it fixed, nationally/globally as soon as possible. If nothing is done, another mass shooting is just a few weeks or months away.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hearing that 5 are now dead, And 10 or so people injured,

rumors are that the gun man turned the gun on himself , And that is also may have started at a pizza place then spilled over to the gym.. A press conferance will be held shortly,

People injured have been taken to St Claire hospital

Live Video news on this, www.thepittsburghchannel.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Eitimzevinten

This is true! Im not disagreeing with the antidepressant drug interactions in the school shootings, but I doubt that was the main cause. It takes years sometimes to find a med that works, and one must posses some sort of inkling toward aggressive/introverted/antisocial behavior in the first place and (in my mind) at least he was seeing a 'counselor'- Not to give him credit-

But, a gym? Yeah, picture perfect hard muscle tone bodies- maybe something that the shooter saw as 'the enemy'. And these people who do 'mass killing' dont give a crap wether they live or die (obviously) but they involve others because 'media' gets involed and he 'proves his point' (at least in his mind)- If this wasn't the case then it would be a plain olf suicide.
No?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Witnesses say that the light was switched off then the man sprayed the room with bullets

A women describes the man as a middle aged White man who walked in to a Latin dance class she was attending, (Witness was in the room at the time)

The women says that she does not believe that she has seen this man before, He was out of place when he first walked in to the ladies class,

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
5 women from the class according to a medical center are in Critical condition,

There's also reports that something may have also happened in a building near by,

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thanks for the post and updates asala, I don't see nothing about this on MSM yet. I hope the shooter is toast by now.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

Yes it seems that its now confirmed that he turned the gun on himself,

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Freakin coward, damn I hate to see the "Burgh" go through crap like this. Those poor woman and their families now have to suffer because of this piece of waste.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Edit: Never mind, Asala's got it covered.

[edit on 4 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I live about 8-10 miles away. It seems that the early reports are a "love triangle". I also work at St. Clair Hospital where 2 of the victims have been taken. If I hear anything I will be sure to post it.

JT

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's a perfect time for a shooting...to divert attention from the failing healthscare swindle!

I wonder what kind of psychotropic drugs the shooter has in his system.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
KDKA is now displaying "Up to 6 people killed" and saying that there might not be a target, and he just "sprayed" the room.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenblaz

So this was 1st posted around 9pm, I've been surfin channels while on ATS and I finally caught a blip on FOX about this. 2 HOURS LATER!!

Damn ATS is kickin MSM's behind.

Thanks for posting asala

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Good find Asala and thanks for the play by play. This is becoming a trend and a nasty one at that. May the deceased RIP and the injured make a speedy recovery. What disturbs me is the fact that these mass shootings have happened so frequently lately.

It is only going get worse before it gets better. The economy is in shambles, corruption in government, astronomical taxes on the horizon, major displacements of families, benefits about to expire for many, and the least goes on . . . I hope the leaders in government treat these as isolated incidents involving deranged and delusion people. However, if more of this violence continues they are going to ban firearms. It is only obvious and they will use these incidents as their ammunition. Hopefully, level heads will prevail when the deliberations begin on issues like the one presented on in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join