It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen Durbin: "Americans Overwhelmingly Support Health Care Reform; Town Hall Attendees Planted; Cons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yeah, this is a great attempt to further the Administration's propaganda and try to spin the realities that many governmental and Congressional officials are experiencing around the country.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

With all due respect, I think this guy has a point...

thinkprogress.org...

A leaked memo from Bob MacGuffie, a volunteer with the FreedomWorks website Tea Party Patriots
thinkprogress.org...

so sad, but true.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Alot of these people are good folks, they just don't know that they are being used in major way by the losing party/corporations. Why pay lobbyist when you can have misinformed people do it for free.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's true, these people at freedom works are funded by and influenced by the insurance lobbyist. I think the Lobbyist have spent 39million plus (and this is being very very shy with the numbers) to influence senators and to bus in people from different districts to heckle and cause confusion in town hall meetings.

It's true, the truth is the truth,get over it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The spin doctors continue at work!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
The spin doctors continue at work!

Well Boxer is right about one thing. These people attending these town hall meetings are wanting to change congress. She is spinning her butt off about this being orchestrated. It's just a ploy to get Obama's supporters up in arms,and take the focus off the reality of what's happening.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Anyone care to express their opinion regarding the leaked memo from Freedomworks that I posted earlier?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by canihavemyvoteback
Anyone care to express their opinion regarding the leaked memo from Freedomworks that I posted earlier?

I have no doubt that corporations or interest groups that stand to lose busine$$ because of the change in health care would do everything in their power to try and derail the Health Plan; including planting shills on web sites.

If I was a CEO of a company that was in danger of losing revenue; I would pay my employees to raise hell at a town hall meeting.
Business is Business and Politics is Business.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by canihavemyvoteback

I'm highly suspicious as to whether or not these people are being used. And how could you possibly know whether or not they're misinformed? I've read portions of the healthcare bill, and if there was a town hall meeting being held anywhere near me, I'd be there doing the same thing these people are.

You just assume that they have no motivation to go and protest the healthcare reform bill other than someone telling them to do it? That's a big assumption to make and they usually come back to bite you. In addition, it's insulting that you insinuate these people aren't intelligent enough to form their own opinions.

I don't want the government to have anything to do with what kind of healthcare I receive. Their track record leaves a lot to be desired.

[edit on 8/5/2009 by soldiermom]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by soldiermom

And how could you possibly know whether or not they're misinformed? I've read portions of the healthcare bill, and if there was a town hall meeting being held anywhere near me, I'd be there doing the same thing these people are.

Beacause there is more than one bill for healthcare reform including, HR 2520, HR 3200, S 1099, and HR 676. So if you have read the healthcare bill, which one did you read? because that may not be the one that actually passes. So people you go to town hall to yell and scream about healthcare when they or you or me, does not know what is the final bill, BECAUSE THERE IS NO FINAL BILL.

www.ncsl.org...

You just assume that they have no motivation to go and protest the healthcare reform bill other than someone telling them to do it?

Your assuming that I'm assuming. Care to give your thoughts on the leaked memo stating that people are to be loud and disruptive and to not have an intelligent debate? That is why I assume these people are not smart, because their playbook tells them not to be. I'm not at all saying that ALL people who go to towns halls are stupid. In fact I am going to a town hall in my town next week. My point is that all these so called grass roots towns hall meetings that have been conveniently caught on tape with people singing god bless america, are organized by corporate lobbying groups. So don't be used is all im trying to say.

Also my link to think progress will show you this statement

Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX), chairman of the NRCC, has endorsed the strategy, telling the Politico the days of civil town halls are now “over.”

How do you expect our legislators to take us seriously with a strategy like that. If your serious about change you will kick these disruptors out and have a serious debate with tough questions, otherwise your district will only come off as a bunch of loons. Why would you want people in YOUR town hall that have been bused in from other parts of the country.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

And how could you possibly know whether or not they're misinformed? I've read portions of the healthcare bill, and if there was a town hall meeting being held anywhere near me, I'd be there doing the same thing these people are.

Beacause there is more than one bill for healthcare reform including, HR 2520, HR 3200, S 1099, and HR 676. So if you have read the healthcare bill, which one did you read? because that may not be the one that actually passes. So people you go to town hall to yell and scream about healthcare when they or you or me, does not know what is the final bill, BECAUSE THERE IS NO FINAL BILL.

www.ncsl.org...

-I said I've read portions of the bill/bills that have been posted here on ATS. However little I've read, it's more than the clowns on the hill have read by their own admission.

You just assume that they have no motivation to go and protest the healthcare reform bill other than someone telling them to do it?

Your assuming that I'm assuming. Care to give your thoughts on the leaked memo stating that people are to be loud and disruptive and to not have an intelligent debate? That is why I assume these people are not smart, because their playbook tells them not to be. I'm not at all saying that ALL people who go to towns halls are stupid. In fact I am going to a town hall in my town next week. My point is that all these so called grass roots towns hall meetings that have been conveniently caught on tape with people singing god bless america, are organized by corporate lobbying groups. So don't be used is all im trying to say.

-I read the memo. Is it a horrible way to try and get your point across? Maybe. But I don't think all the people there are playing by this rulebook. Both sides, democrats and republicans, have their tactics. This is not anything new by either party, so this memo, to me anyway, is a moot point. Your source is not exactly unbiased.

Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX), chairman of the NRCC, has endorsed the strategy, telling the Politico the days of civil town halls are now “over.”

How do you expect our legislators to take us seriously with a strategy like that. If your serious about change you will kick these disruptors out and have a serious debate with tough questions, otherwise your district will only come off as a bunch of loons. Why would you want people in YOUR town hall that have been bused in from other parts of the country.

I guess the strategy's strength is in the eye of the beholder and I think they are tough questions. The ones I've heard anyway. Just because they're branded disruptor's by the proponents of the bill doesn't make it so. That's the proponent's opinion.

I guess Hillary Clinton thought she and the thousands of dissenters during the Bush administration were to be taken seriously. She said:

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration."

www.associatedcontent.com...

How is what the people do at these town hall meetings any different?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom

I guess Hillary Clinton thought she and the thousands of dissenters during the Bush administration were to be taken seriously. She said:

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration."

www.associatedcontent.com...

How is what the people do at these town hall meetings any different?

There is a difference between having an intelligent debate while disagreeing and being an angry disruptive mob who act like their about to burn a witch at the stake. Is that the intelligence level this country has sunk to?

There's nothing wrong with those tactics you say??

In 1921 Adolf Hitler formed his own private army called Sturm Abteilung (Storm Section). The SA (also known as stormtroopers or brownshirts) were instructed to disrupt the meetings of political opponents and to protect Hitler from revenge attacks. Captain Ernst Roehm of the Bavarian Army played an important role in recruiting these men, and became the SA's first leader.

www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

www.ncsl.org...

Are legislators DO NOT take us seriously. Probably because the trick of bussing people in is a left wing trick. Most of the people who are NOW protesting couldn't before. They had jobs. They had to work. Now they do not have jobs and have the free time. Most of them are first time protestors. Since the left ALWAYS BUSSED IN PROTESTORES, ACORN and others, the left ASSUMES that if anyone is protesting they were bussed in and paid. The situation is not the same.

new topics

top topics

join