It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Calls for Citizens to Inform on Opponents of Obamacare

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Great. I am now going to start getting into trouble for my posts in the Medical forum.

Luckily, I use an online alias. that should slow them down 5 or so minutes.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
MAN O MAN! YEs, as another here said, this is an open citizena ttack! IS this proof obama is not ameican or what!!! IMPEACH while thiers still time! OR even better, masses of angry citizens march to and through the door of the white house, and remove him physcally by force, and drop kik his arse out onto the dorosteps.. i like o think of it this way..yuo failed at this job, and yuor accoutnablity will go on record Mr. president. Bush may have gotten away with it, but this time NO MORE YUOR FIRED!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by km1550
reply to post by jsobecky

That's being disingenuous.

What is being disingenuous? Please explain.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Because you're making an issue out of something that's just not there.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I find it very interesting that this all began as Barry's Health Care reform, now Barry and the Dems say it's about Health INSURANCE reform. I guess you can't hit a moving target eh?
We have the best hospitals and health care in the world, that's why so many people come here instead of, say Norway, for treatment.
Healthcare is found nowhere in the bill of rights.
For the poster who wrote about being poor and sick, they can go to any emergency room and be treated - it's the law.
Barry and his tax cheating associates are the biggest joke to ever be pulled on the American public.
Wake up America.
(Ok Barry, come and get me)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bugsmasher

"We have the best hospitals and health care in the world..."

That is nonsense, and you have no ability to substantiate such nonsense. Tell me then, why are people dying because they can't afford coverage?

Are you a republican, or do you work in the health/pharma industry?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Couldn't get the embed to work right, sorry.

Is this or is this not Obama saying this?
Love the spin that comes out from the White House.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by arcnaver]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Because you're making an issue out of something that's just not there.

Do you deny that the Obama admin is asking people to notify them of opposition to their programs?

Because it's there in black and white on the White House website...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
www.youtube.com...
Couldn't get the embed to work right, sorry.

Here ya go...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So, has anyone turned this thread into the White House site yet? Since they want us to snitch on one another, I was just wondering what the response would be if we did.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Fortunately I'm able to comprehend the message, and not allow Glenn Beck to do my critical thinking for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by km1550

That is nonsense, and you have no ability to substantiate such nonsense.

American health care and infrastructure is far superior to any place else in the world.

winteryknight.wordpress.com...

Tell me then, why are people dying because they can't afford coverage?

I think you are referring to Canada and Europe, where the gov't rations health care and decides who lives or dies...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I haven't, but I did copy the blog into an email and sent it to a few people along with a note explaining that the White House expects them to turn my email in. Does that count?

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by km1550

Asking about health/pharma connections I can see...why would you ask if this person is a Republican?...what's that got to do with it? Being a conservative is not against the law you know...stop with the labels, if you have info that is germane to the discussion, Great!!, please continue...but the labels, from everybody are getting old...

Labels divide us, keep us at odds with one another...this is about the direction our govt. is going...we are allowed to question this, as it affects us all.

edit to add: I think it's prudent to question spending 1.6 Trillion dollars, it takes a long time to pay back that kind of money.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by deadbang]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

That is nonsense, and you have no ability to substantiate such nonsense. Tell me then, why are people dying because they can't afford coverage?

Are you a republican, or do you work in the health/pharma industry?

That's not what he said. Why do we have people from all over the world go to say Sloan Kettering for cancer treatment? Gee, could it be because our cancer cure rates are leaps and bounds ahead of Europe? The reason for that is because if I need a sonogram or an MRI I can get one within a week at the latest and not have to wait half a year by which I could be dead or the cancer advanced into an incurable stage.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

In my opinion, it highlights intent and motivations.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Nationalistic beliefs are typically uniformed and lack merit.

That still doesn't answer the question: Why are Americans dying for lack of coverage?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

Asking about health/pharma connections I can see...why would you ask if this person is a Republican?...what's that got to do with it? Being a conservative is not against the law you know...stop with the labels, if you have info that is germane to the discussion, Great!!, please continue...but the labels, from everybody are getting old...

Labels divide us, keep us at odds with one another...this is about the direction our govt. is going...we are allowed to question this, as it affects us all.

Look at his/her registration date.

Either a newbie, in which case his actions are somewhat acceptable, since he may not be familiar with the T&C

or

A Troll, previously banned? Or just logging in under another userid?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by km1550

I can understand wanting to understand people's angles to this issue.

IMO labels are the first step to marginlization.

We all have equal voices under our system of govt., we should be allowed to dissent, question...if this plan is so good it should be able to sell itself, without the need for strong arm tactics and name calling.

edit for spelling...dang Texas education...

[edit on 5-8-2009 by deadbang]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by suicydking

My friend would ask me if I knew about these "facts". I would eventually get him to do some research and discover the real facts. The point is, there are large groups of people who already have their perceptions of something, and when shown information that matches their perception, will show it to as many people as possible, regardless of weather or not it's actually true.

8 years of these tactics against Bush/Republicans and the only example you can come up with is your friend getting emails about BO? Are you serious? Have you forgotten the never ending Bush/Cheany conspiracies over the last 8 years? Many in the media STILL perpetuate these myths!

Then, I watched the video and heard Obama say that would happen if we didn't pass a health care reform bill. See, I was addressing how reality is working contrary to what Wimbly posted, and it seems that even you have ignored that fact when replying to me.

I think you're confused. Hes specifically addressed Jake's question about BO's plan and how it would force people off their private insurance. Obama responds and claims that its not actually the government that will force people, but the employers. Hes blaming the employers for getting rid of private HC, when its BO's plan that will push them in doing so. Which is right in line wit what Obama has said in the past about getting rid of private health care over time.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Wimbly]

I think I'm confused also. Let's make sure we're on the same page here.

You said that the relevant part begins at 4 minutes and 50 seconds, correct?

The only mention of people's employers offering less options to employees comes after BO talks about conceding to opponents of health care reform and taking no action. No change from the current system.

That's sort of the opposite of what happens after we pass a health care reform bill.

Now, please show me where I'm going wrong. I really did watch the clip a few times, and I couldn't correlate passing a health care reform bill with employers giving their employees less options. That was what Trapped got him to admit, according to your captioning of the video, right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join