It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Calls for Citizens to Inform on Opponents of Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The Obama camp is panicking because they see this latest charade going down in flames.

I have never seen an admin that attacks private citizens so openly. First it was the talk radio hosts, now it is anyone who disagrees with him.

His days are numbered. His legacy will be one of utmost failure.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The Obama camp is panicking because they see this latest charade going down in flames.

I have never seen an admin that attacks private citizens so openly. First it was the talk radio hosts, now it is anyone who disagrees with him.

His days are numbered. His legacy will be one of utmost failure.

I'm not so sure his days are numbered. I fear his Adminstration has PLENTY more tricks up their sleeves.

I would agree that they are either paranoid, or just now feeling comfortable enough to call out the citizenry.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Dan Pfeiffer, the White House deputy communications director, said: “We intend to use a lot of the grassroots viral Internet techniques from the campaign to beat back the campaign of misstatements and outright falsehoods about the president’s efforts to reform health insurance.”
www.politico.com...

At least they are being transparent by explaining their strategy to the citizenry.

I have a feeling this will be just the beginning.

The "thought police" have officially been dispatched!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Along with 1984 the Obama regime is starting to sound like the Nightwatch group off of Babylon 5 the old sci-fi series

en.wikipedia.org...(Babylon_5)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This is unsubstantiated nonsense, propegated by the well-funded insurance/pharma industry.

America needs to strip profit from health-care.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I love the part where she claims Obama said you could keep your health care no matter what. Has she forgotten a few weeks ago when Jake Tapped got him to admit, "It wont be the government that forces you off it. It will be your employer".

(Starts a 4:50)

So basically, its like the Simpsons episode where the pirates put homer and his friends in a net to drop overboard. The pirate informs them that it will not be the pirates that kill them, but the water.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Except that we do have free health care for low income people and the elderly in the state and federal level. I don't know what point you're trying to make.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by km1550
This is unsubstantiated nonsense, propegated by the well-funded insurance/pharma industry.

America needs to strip profit from health-care.

While your opinion is well-accepted, it is important to keep this thread concentrated on White House Administration efforts to curb their opposing viewpoints.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

The White House is trying to distinguish fact from fiction. Alex Jones and company are fear-mongers, who have successfully filled their wallets at the expense of those who are unable to distinguish fact from fiction.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
I love the part where she claims Obama said you could keep your health care no matter what. Has she forgotten a few weeks ago when Jake Tapped got him to admit, "It wont be the government that forces you off it. It will be your employer".

(Starts a 4:50)

So basically, its like the Simpsons episode where the pirates put homer and his friends in a net to drop overboard. The pirate informs them that it will not be the pirates that kill them, but the water.

Not to be rude, but did you even watch the video?

Obama specifically says that the scenario you describe, where "It wont be the government that forces you off it. It will be your employer", is what would happen if we ditched health care reform right now and made no changes to our current system.

He describes changes in employer plans & premiums as a symptom of our current system, if left unchecked.

Or did I miss something?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

The White House is trying to distinguish fact from fiction. Alex Jones and company are fear-mongers, who have successfully filled their wallets at the expense of those who are unable to distinguish fact from fiction.

Only in the effort of countering your statement:
When the White House releases a viral YouTube video expressing there is "lots of disinformation" out there, as she is seated in front of Drudge Report (which compiles news article from mainstream domestic/international newspapers), they aren't abusing their power/authority at all?

And, if there currently 3 versions of the health care bill...what version exactly is the White House trying to "straighten out" for the people?

One last question, what is the White House prepared to do with the tips provided by citizens emailing "disinfo" to the whitehouse.gov email address?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You know, I remember a lot of times during election season, where a conservative friend of mine would talk about emails he was receiving from a friend in the military. These emails were forwards of chain emails that had been widely circulated. They were the ones that claimed things like Obama is a Muslim, or other such nonsense.

My friend would ask me if I knew about these "facts". I would eventually get him to do some research and discover the real facts. The point is, there are large groups of people who already have their perceptions of something, and when shown information that matches their perception, will show it to as many people as possible, regardless of weather or not it's actually true.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Drudge???!!!

I think everyone understand that conservatives/republicans don't like Obama, and will resort to anything to ensure he fails. Of course this includes the lies being spread about health-care reform.

Just to be clear, I don't particularly care for Obama. I don't believe he's delivering on his campaign promises.

Efforts to destroy Obama, at the expense of health-care reform equates to cutting of your nose to spite your face.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Correct me if I am wrong, but I could have sworn that I read an article stating that Australia was looking at moving away from their current health care system because they could not longer support it. That there were trends of people moving to private health care because of wait times and other issue with your current system.

If I am wrong I apologize.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by km1550

From the official site of the White House:

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Obama wants us to snitch on each other!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wonder how many lists all us dissenters are going to be put on over the next 3 1/2 years..

People were all worried about Bush and wiretaps, frankly this concerns me more. If someone really wants to sit and listen to me talk to family and friends about their problems, then more power to them but they're in for a very boring conversation. It's putting my name on a list for not agreeing with the president that makes me start to worry.

I just hope that this news gets around to enough people that they all wake up and remember what Obama is doing to everyone who disagrees with him next time they go to the polls. Whether they personally agree with his policies or not, everyone should be made aware of the things Obama is doing when it comes to those of us who don't.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

That's being disingenuous.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by suicydking

The reason it will be the employer is because the US government unlike businesses operate with a deficit. They will lower their costs so much that any company would be foolish to not take the Government run health care program.

After all private health insurers go under the government can then raise their rates. This will be because they cannot afford to provide health care. So the employer rates will go up, employee rates go up. Taxes will go up all to try and fund the government run health care.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

The reason it will be the employer is because the US government unlike businesses operate with a deficit. They will lower their costs so much that any company would be foolish to not take the Government run health care program.

After all private health insurers go under the government can then raise their rates. This will be because they cannot afford to provide health care. So the employer rates will go up, employee rates go up. Taxes will go up all to try and fund the government run health care.

Right. Except I'm addressing the fact that Wimbly said:

and tells us to watch the video starting at 4:50.

Then, I watched the video and heard Obama say that would happen if we didn't pass a health care reform bill. See, I was addressing how reality is working contrary to what Wimbly posted, and it seems that even you have ignored that fact when replying to me.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by suicydking]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

My friend would ask me if I knew about these "facts". I would eventually get him to do some research and discover the real facts. The point is, there are large groups of people who already have their perceptions of something, and when shown information that matches their perception, will show it to as many people as possible, regardless of weather or not it's actually true.

8 years of these tactics against Bush/Republicans and the only example you can come up with is your friend getting emails about BO? Are you serious? Have you forgotten the never ending Bush/Cheany conspiracies over the last 8 years? Many in the media STILL perpetuate these myths!

Then, I watched the video and heard Obama say that would happen if we didn't pass a health care reform bill. See, I was addressing how reality is working contrary to what Wimbly posted, and it seems that even you have ignored that fact when replying to me.

I think you're confused. Hes specifically addressed Jake's question about BO's plan and how it would force people off their private insurance. Obama responds and claims that its not actually the government that will force people, but the employers. Hes blaming the employers for getting rid of private HC, when its BO's plan that will push them in doing so. Which is right in line wit what Obama has said in the past about getting rid of private health care over time.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Wimbly]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join