It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So your Industrial huh?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldier8828
i think that the only industrial band i haven't seen on the list yet is bauhaus!

Aren't they goth rock???

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
this thread has been a real treat. Thanks to the lists (of which very few of the bands I'd even heard of), I went on a youtube fest last night. Then, today, I wandered down memory lane to my musical roots -- Dead Kennedys, Agnostic Front, Gen X, certainly the Clash, Circle Jerks, just to name a few........

and what seems apparent to me is the undercurrent idealology between punk and what I perceive as Industrial.. I guess that's most of why Ind. is palatable to me.

Don't worry, you won't see my old bones flailing around in a neomosh pit
It's not the way I'd choose to stay young(er)....

it almost seems to me like there's a wave of discontent that courses through society, reflected in every generation in it's music. It's alive. Music with passion and energy.

What's not to love?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

im not sure i havnt herd a lot of theyre music im still learning from my buddy, im also gonna be getting FL 9 really soon as well and ill be putting together some stuff too. i had made some stuff the other day and had that same friend of mine listen to it and he said it sounded alot really early skinny puppy so maybe ill give this a go huh? wudya think?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Dead Kennedys, Agnostic Front, Gen X, certainly the Clash, Circle Jerks, just to name a few........

and what seems apparent to me is the undercurrent idealology between punk and what I perceive as Industrial.. I guess that's most of why Ind. is palatable to me.

Mmmm, old Agnostic Front is f**cking awesome, especially Cause for Alarm. Probably one of my favorite records ever!!! And the other bands you mentioned are pretty awesome also!!!

Yeah, and I've noticed most of the music outside the mainstream have similar ideology's. These genres of music tend to have a stick to the man attitude, and a desire to be left out of the mainstream music scene.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I didn't add Bauhaus because I thought they were too tame!!!

(She's in parties...)

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
hey every one i decided to try my hand at music it sounds like really early skinny puppy and a touch of nine inch nails so far if anyones interested to tell me what they think feel free to U2U me and ill send you what ive got so far. thanks!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
You could check out one of my myspace buddies -

Ayria

- Jens a nice girl

Or even have a listen to Illustrial
(cheeky self promotion, though I'm not hardcore)

you could try to find some old school industrial stuff like;

Ministry
Sister Machine Gun
Mesh
Front 242
Young Gods
Die Krupps
Frontline Assembly

there is a Cd called he Hotwired Monster Trux collection which will set you off nicely

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I listed Ayria, didn't I?!!?!!! She's my bffl! She's my facebook friend! I've met her like three times.

Suuuuuuch a cutie pie.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
first person is pretty good but i liked the second one better tho.

well heres my hand in all this. i hope you guys at least halfway like it lol

www.myspace.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I listed Ayria, didn't I?!!?!!! She's my bffl! She's my facebook friend! I've met her like three times.

You did

I missed it because I was skimming through the thread on a very small laptop instead of reading properly!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

You mean " skimming through the thread on a very small laptop " isn't reading properly? Oh... oops... my bad.

=p

top topics

<< 1   >>

join