It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So your Industrial huh?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If you are than you will have noooooo problem telling me some good bands that i might be able to get my hands on??? my buddy is in an industrial band and iam getting more familiar although i only know of about 3 to four bands, wumpscut skinny puppy atrocity and aphex twins even videos would be great as well! thanks

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Check out Godflesh's Street Cleaner album, or maybe some of Senmuth's giant discography.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
cool thanks any others>>? euro? American? and why does your name sound familiar?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldier8828
cool thanks any others>>? euro? American? and why does your name sound familiar?

I don't really listen to much industrial besides the bands I mentioned, and I suggested some songs to you in your sad song thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Angelspit*
Apoptygma Berzerk*
Ayria*
Combichrist
The Cruxshadows*
VNV Nation*
And One*
Ego Likeness*
The Birthday Massacre
Claire Voyant
Collapsed System
Covenant
Culture Kultur
Dkay.com
The Electric Hellfire Club
Endemonia
Fear Cult
Funker Vogt*
Godheads
Good Courage
Head
Hocico
Icon of Coil*
Klone
Kompressor
L'Ame Imortelle*
LadderClimber
Laether Strip
Neo-Tek
NIN
Noisex
Oomph!
Orgy
Pro-Tech
Rammstein*
Razed in Black*
Rotersand
Skinny Puppy*
Soil & Eclipse*
Spahn Ranch*
Switchblade Symphony*
ThouShaltNot*
Velvet Acid Christ*
Wolfsheim*
Wumpscut*
X-Marks the Pedwalk
and
Zeromancer

I'm a bit of a rivet head. That's all in my iTunes. I starred my favorites. I've been to quite a few industrial clubs in the past few years. What band is your buddy in? I gave you a list of names, if you want anything specific you can probably find it on YouTube. The Cruxshadows are a favorite of mine, one of my best friends is close with them. They're excellent live.

Voltaire is also good, but not Industrial. Just good. Also excellent live, along with Ayria and Angelspit and Ego Likeness.

Edit- Wumpscut is excellent.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
damn i dont think i could get better than that! thanks

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

No problem. Any other questions about industrial stuff, you can either ask here or U2U me.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wow!!!! Lookit the incredible list via Ravenshadow!

Only thing I could add to that is Katscan. It's a fine line (for me) between Industrial and just RAW rock, like, say, Korn. I'd guess that once a band emerges onto the BIG show, they no longer qualify for underground.

[insert flashback of headbanger days gone]

~~~~~~ wavy lines

Fade to black.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

That's a fine list, Ravenshadow, thanks for that. More than 75% I've never heard of. Now, if I could only get stupid iTunes U.S. OR @#@#% iTunes UK to work with us po' islanders........ but no. They both shun us, apparently consider this quiet place far too seditious for musical exchange..

but I digress (and that's not going to get better with age)...... thanks for the wish list

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Aw, no problem! Maybe for Christmas I'll send you a nice MP3 DVD =)

Some of it should be accessible via YouTube, though. So I would totally check that out, too. Freeeeeee YouTuuuuube!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

yes, much of it is viewable via youtube, and thanks to you, I'm listening to some of it now.

[my Bride walks into the room, shaking her head sadly] "Want some sherbert?........... oh, nevermind." She's a headbanger too, just doesn't bang her head late at night. ha!

A Christmas offering of music would be lovely. It's very hard to keep up on music down here, and here my iPod has 7000 tunes capability with it only half-full. Really a shame.

cheers!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Awww lol! Remind me towards the Holidays and I'll totally send you some stuff. Shipping might be a little much but, eh, spreading the joy of industrial is far too important.

Edit:

I was there!!!

[edit on 8/4/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Good stuff! you were there??? Last concert we saw was the Foo Fighters in 2005. Also the first time we went back to the U.S. since we moved here in 1994. FFs were good, except Everlong was too fast.

Of course, they're not Industrial. I can remember bands that would've qualified, at least before they became popular -- Toad The Wet Sprocket, BH Surfers, maybe......... The Kill.

I just like music with energy. I'll be sure to remind you later on inne year Raven ;o) thanks for the thought

cheers

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Yeah I was there! It was a Cruxshadows/Angelspit/Ayria concert. Sooooo good.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Oh I forgot, Suicide Commando is a pretty good Electronic Industrial band.

Yeah, and like Raven mentioned The Cruxshadows are pretty good (with the exception of the singers fake British accent.)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

Don't you dare say that about Rogue.

Don't you dare.

Aw, my fake hearts didn't show up.

I heart Rogue. He's my bffl. We've met a few times.

[edit on 8/5/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

These are more Electro Bands, Electro-Industrial at best.

And who can possibly speak of industrial without mentioning THROBBING GRISTLE, WHITEHOUSE, SPK- eludes me. Industrial is surely not what MTV is trying to sell to 14 Year old Noobs.
Here are some more probably unknown Bands to you (though some may fall into the Category POWER ELECTRONICS or NOISE)

ClockDVA
NON
Haus Arafna
Triarii
Arditi
Gruntsplatter
Propergol
Genocide Organ
Anenzephalia
Atrax Morgue
Aelia Capitolina
Azoikum
Con-Dom
Hieronymus Bosch
Prurient
Stratvm Terror
Laibach
Test Dept.
SWANS (early stuff)
COIL
Nocturnal Emissions
and so on..

But be warned : some of these Bands are really extreme in their 'music' and in the use of provocative Images. So don't come crying for Mommy - these are NOT some corporate produced wannabe 'Industrial' groups.
And remember that's what Industrial Music was once intended to be before it was watered down by commercial interests.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ZEV93

You sound like quite elitist, but don't worry I'm the same way with metal.

But I don't really listen to that much except the bands I mentioned (Godflesh, Suicide commando, Senmuth, and I forgot to mention that The Axis of Perdition are a pretty good industrial black metal band) so that's why I'm not as elitist about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i think that the only industrial band i haven't seen on the list yet is bauhaus!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ZEV93

ive just gotten into the industrial "scene" just maybe a few months ago do to my buddy thats in an industrial band. Atrocity? haven't seen them listed but yet again they are from Portland.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join