It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS is searching for buyers for Plum Island facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

DHS is searching for buyers for Plum Island facility

homelandsecuritynewswire.com

Published 4 August 2009

The Plum Island Biosafety level 4 facility -- the only type of research lab authorized to handle diseases that are communicable between humans and animals and for which there is no known cure -- is aging; DHS has selected a Kansas site for a new, $500 million replacement; DHS is beginning to look for buyers for the Plum Island facility

"How can we help you help us?" asked John Kelly, director of the Property Disposal Division of the GSA. "There is a tremendous amount of work that has to be done to catalog the resources on the island, but this is just the beginn
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Man, I wish I had the money, on second thought, probably not.

Seems to me like there was some story not too long ago about strange things washing up nearby there.

The part that is a concern to me, that makes absolutely no sense...

ok, so we're using plum island to study diseases that that can spread between man and animals AND for which there is NO KNOWN CURE. I have a great idea! Let's move it to KANSAS!!! Yeah, you know that place with lots of cows....and PEOPLE. Yeah, that sounds great.

Thanks guys.

homelandsecuritynewswire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
And you forgot!! RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF TORNADO ALLEY! HOORAY for our Gubment!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
How could you ever make the original facility safe???

I would never feel safe there. One little microbe could escape all your disinfecting and latch onto something and get into your nose or skin or food!!

Didn't FEMA just build a large secret facility near KC, MO?

join