It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercenaries training US local police a new trend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
A simular thread was posted over a year ago. Thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com... but if you click on the link you will find that it has been removed from the source "blacklistednews.com".

I found this article to be an updated version of the origanal article from another source so I hope that it will not be removed as a duplicate posting

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad9a667c80d4.jpg[/atsimg]

There are many police and law enforcement officials who are concerned with the growing trend of using military-experienced mercenaries to train and work with local police officers in the United States, but there are many who believe the events of September 11, 2001 dictate the need for this new paradigm.

For example, Kentucky’s Lexington Police Department contracted Blackwater Security International to provide what’s described as homeland security training. Meanwhile that city’s Mayor Jim Newberry and its chief of police Anthony Beatty refused free training provided by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement federal program that prepares police officers to enforce immigration and border security as part of their duties.

Source Link: www.examiner.com...

As the above ATS member thread states "This is not cool". Our government seems to be ramping up any and all ways of disconnecting out local police departments from what used to be a partnership with their local neighborhoods. Now I am fully aware that most ATS members know this, some even deny any attempts by our Government to train our police that citizens are the enemy but with all the MSM, Youtube and other Alt Media Sources have shown we are being targetted and should be more aware. I saw a earlier thread titled "When Do We Use Lethal Force Against The Police?" www.abovetopsecret.com...
so I found this to be very relievent. Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
OMG!!! I'm surprised no has seemed interested in this. The ideology of trained killers telling you what to do. Amazing to say the least. The States are heading down a dark, storm covered road...

Star, flag, and bump!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Please forgive my ignorance because I do not know much about mercenaries. But I was under the impression one of the main reasons they are used in the first place is a denial of responsibility and accountability?

For instance, a soldier will be bound by certain laws and treaties but mercenaries can go in and cause all kinds of hell because they're basically 'independent contractors.' Yes? No? Is that remotely accurate?

So if they're being trained to work with the police and if the above is true, that worries me they'll be used for the same reasons. This will make them super cops, in essence, without all the regulations cops have to follow?

Also, since they are military-trained yet not technically military, isn't this a shady workaround of the Posse Comitatus Act which federally prohibits the use of military as a police force?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well to answer that Ashley, mercenaries yes , can and are, hired by various sources, to take lethal action with deniability for the hiring parties. But moreso now, since the U.N. put the cabash on "Executive Outcomes" when they were hired to handle a situation in Africa, most mercenary groups generally are hired to train paramilitary forces within countries as well as national armies in samller less modern countries. Generally the country or entity that hires them lays guidelines down for the extent of action they can take. In some instances they are completely stripped of any right to use lethal force, even if accompaning trainees into a hotzone.
Here is a little info on Executive Outcomes
Executive Outcomes wiki

new topics

top topics

join